"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 14, 2024, 08:04:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Another truck.  (Read 2987 times)

Another truck.
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:33:16 pm »

Just some fooling with plastic surgery in Blender.

LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: Another truck.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »

looks good, but kinda clean

add more dirt and sand, and some rusty barrels

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 07:28:48 pm »

It's too blue
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:04:26 pm »

Nah.  :P

It's rusty, dirty, it's even in 8bit Fallout palette and what do you mean with sand?
Besides, Lizard already has barells.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:07:58 pm by Horatio »
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 12:40:24 pm »

Okay guys. I improved it.

It was the reflections, right?

John.Metzger

• Hey Joe.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 12:51:42 pm »

it looks very interplayish now.. <3
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 01:15:27 pm »

This just leaves me breathless, preety good work, partner.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 02:20:23 pm »

Pixelise it a bit to look like Fallout scenery

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 02:41:54 pm »

I wonder why you have to open a new account every odd month ( the third one so far), but then again everyone has his share of quirks and so do I aswell.

The truck looks better than your last one and I like the texture, but there is something about the style and perspective that seems off.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 03:51:00 pm »

Thanks for the praise everyone!

I wonder why you have to open a new account every odd month ( the third one so far), but then again everyone has his share of quirks and so do I aswell.

Well, thanks for the praise, Surf, even if i don't get it with third account...

About looks and perspective: well, as you probably have guessed, it's a F3 flatbed truck on which i hammered, angle-grinded and jumped enough to make it look like Lizard's truck. (because i was lazy to make it from scratch like he did, i prefer to tinker with done things.)

The perspective: the truck is aligned in one line with that wagon i made, which is aligned to tracks in the game. I will not correct the perspective, unless i want it aligned to cars i want to be replaced in game.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 04:36:00 pm by Horatio »
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 04:46:09 pm »

I really like what you've done here. I think the straightness of the lines on the back of the truck are the bit which looks a bit off i.e. they look too pristine. Don't know if there's an easy way to make it a bit more "wobbly".

This one I quickly "wobbled" in photoshop. Not a great job, and far too blurry (pretty much a "smudge tool" up and down for a minute and a quick adjustment on the saturation), but it might illustrate a bit better what I mean.

Redoing similar with a little care and attention (like spending more than 2 minutes on it) might do the job, unless you're going for a really accurate "Fallout feel" where you'd need to painfully repaint the whole thing over the top of the model - a lot of the detail on the original ones has got a definite "drawn on" feel to it. I don't know how the original vehicles were done, but I think that's how a lot of the other additional vehicles have been done on NMA and so on.

Of course, it's all well and good photoshopping the still image, but it's be nice if you could "wobble up" the original model, so if it turns out that the angle is a few degrees off, you don't have to repaint it every time you make a minor adjustment.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 04:59:39 pm »

looks awesome!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 06:55:15 pm »

I see your point, Luther.

I made some textured applications over the edges to make them look eaten by rust, pixelated it with noised and of course applied the Fallout palette. I guess this is a great advantages of static scenery.

Actually, it's not my goal to achieve the "perfect" Fallout feel, i'm not a artist enough for this. If it's moderate good and not absolutely horrible, that's fine, but i appreciate constructive comments like yours.
Truck with tarmac.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 08:34:16 pm »

Also, added some tarmac.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:18:31 pm by Horatio »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 10:52:41 pm »

Nice truck, but is it for game or just a drawing? If its for game, how will it look in-game?
Back In-Game :D
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.