"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:25:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Vacation for developers.  (Read 2771 times)

Vacation for developers.
« on: June 28, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »

Hello, devs.

I'm sure you're pretty tired of all of this shit boiling up in forums, "game ded, durr hurr," etc.
I suggest you to take the things easy and take FOnline 2238 down for a few months so the trolls boil down in their shit and start to whine to bring back the "shitty game".
Of course, there will be faithful players that will find my suggestion horrible, because they will be robbed of their game experience and think that it would kill the game, but the game experiences troubles right now and they need to be solved.
Seriously, take a vacation and don't try so hard.
Lay off everything for a while, get your thoughts clear and start again on your project in a closed beta, when you're ready.
The faithful and the adequate will always pay you a visit and wait for the restart.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 02:13:12 pm by Horatio »
Re: Vacation for developers.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 02:59:32 pm »

Lay off everything for a while

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 03:03:52 pm »

I don't see anything but facepalm.
Why? Because a vacation is what the developers need. Shut down the game for a while. Make people think a bit more of what they can't play.
And if there's no game - there is nothing to whine about. Except if the people who were earlier bitch about the game will start whining for the game to come back. That will be even funnier.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 03:06:47 pm »

And if there's no game - there is nothing to whine about.
Stalin logic: no man - no problem.

Yeah, let's all suicide, no life - no whining. Suggest to close forum also. And delete it. And delete SDK, so there will be no more FOnlines so no more whines about it. Easy solution!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 03:10:11 pm »

Don't get this far and think about it.
The game isn't there anymore. There's not much english speaking projects. But there is SDK and the SDK forum section.
You get the hint?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:15:24 pm by Horatio »
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 03:14:37 pm »

You get the hint?
Seems like you don't get it. There always will be whiners and you can't do anything about that, even if devs will work 24/7 there will be stupid humans who will demand more and more and will be always not satisfied. If you can't read whine posts on forum, there's easiest solution: press that "X" in top right corner of your browser and never ever return here.

Edit: or you can implement your own suggestion even right now. Imagine that FOnline is closed. And don't play it. Easy!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:17:09 pm by RavenousRat »
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 03:19:36 pm »

Seems like you don't get it. There always will be whiners and you can't do anything about that, even if devs will work 24/7 there will be stupid humans who will demand more and more and will be always not satisfied. If you can't read whine posts on forum, there's easiest solution: press that "X" in top right corner of your browser and never ever return here.

I see that all these shitposts are counterproductive for the selfesteem. The Rotators can say "fuck this shit, we're outta here", so i mere propose to chill and start over later.
Because, there is a chance that devs are actually doing something, but when they see the whines (i don't know, maybe they're so hardened enough), they ask themselves probably "why the hell am i doing this, when it's unappreciated anyway?"

I say, this way, the whiners are killing 2238.

...or you can implement your own suggestion
Edit: maybe i will.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:21:37 pm by Horatio »
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 03:24:18 pm »

I don't see anything but facepalm.
Why? Because a vacation is what the developers need. Shut down the game for a while. Make people think a bit more of what they can't play.

What are you talking about? This game is a hobby for them, the process itself of making it, but your talking like it's some sort of obligated job. They just don't have as much time to work on 2238 as they used to( this is said so many times by them), most probably they lost the passion working so long on this project( that's something not to be surprised of). Do you seriously think they are offended by some bunch of trolls, and like it's the reason progress of the server stopped ... or what? I don't even understand why am i wasting my time on this level of stupidity.

I say, this way, the whiners are killing 2238.

I say you can't be more wrong.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 03:26:26 pm by T-888 »

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 03:28:19 pm »

Meh it's a an ok suggestion,maybe this way some trash will be finally taken out.Or this will be the last nail in the 2238 coffin.
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »

Meh it's a an ok suggestion,maybe this way some trash will be finally taken out.Or this will be the last nail in the 2238 coffin.

They are going to have to ask for donations after a brief period of time, then don't donate.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 03:52:37 pm »

I know my post is trolling/flame/rage/whine whatever but this topic should be rename to: Ultimate ass licking skills.

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 04:15:37 pm »

I can imagine devs reading this quality thread, stunned by your wise words and all agreeing on how blinded they were, when they hadnt think up this before.

BTW: They are on vacation for a few months  ;)
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 04:18:05 pm »

I think devs should take a break from developing the game and actually play it themselves once in a while, then maybe they can further development progress from there and based on their experience of playing the game currently. Maybe we will see developer team in the next tc.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 04:20:37 pm by Simon »
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 05:41:09 pm »

Signed.
h
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 05:53:05 pm »

Devs have been on vacation for a year.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 22 queries.