"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 16, 2024, 04:56:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: TIP FOR AVOIDING ROLLBACKS  (Read 2802 times)

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
TIP FOR AVOIDING ROLLBACKS
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:59:09 pm »

i thought this needed a new topic so here goes. some moderators please sticky this.

look at server status. if uptime is less than 45 minutes you can play safely without losing your stuff. if uptime is more than 45 minutes expect a crash, thus losing your game progress. server crashes every hour.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:43:14 am by DeputyDope »

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
Re: "FIX" FOR ROLLBACKS
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 10:30:12 pm »

we need devs to fix but sense there is no devs it wont be fixed.
Roaming the waste again.

Pryszczu666

• "And if you gaze for long, into an abyss..."
    • Fonline: Wasteland 2155
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:09 am »

It would be nice if thay finaly post a message at News and Annoucements saying they are still here, not abandoned whole Fonline 2238.
I know it's hard to find time to do a side project when you have life, work, school, family and duties, but for god sake is it so hard to find 15 minutes to inform your beloved community what is going on ?!
Im checking the forum from about half a year to find some news from you Devs and people who work on the project, and even when stopped playing cause of lack of people and change of game style I still await a change and wipe to start playing again...
It would be nice, to tell the people " Who doesn't work on this project " ergo - " they don't have a word to say, how will Your picture of Fonline look " Becouse you have all the moneys for server and don't give a damn about 'em, just workin' on the game in free time then You say...
It's a silly thing to do, taking away something so great and don't give a damn about players all over the world, that contribute to this game, by just playing and spreading the news, discusing many aspects of the game, looking for bugs, and updating Fonline Wiki-Boy 2000 & don't forget about the donations made by those who realy care about ongoing of this project...
*Apologize for misspelings *
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 12:30:05 am »

we need devs to fix but sense there is no devs it wont be fixed.

No shit, Captain Obvious.

I think they are already working, but at their own pace. Imagine the speed of light, then sound, an airplain flying, a car driving, a man runing, someone walking, a turtle moving, a snail " sliming ", a tree growing and finally i can say the pace is somewhere below all this. Though you should be happy this server is still running at all, after all these years of maintenance and the work they have put in. Don't be such a brat, everything is going to get fixed, they are going to develop this project forever and ever.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 12:31:36 am by T-888 »

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 12:33:33 am »

in case you people haven't noticed this isn't a message to devs to fix the rollbacks (i'm sure they got a shitload of these messages anyway). it's telling people there's a way around them to make the game relatively playable, and remove complaints such as "i lost my mercs, i lost my hummer, i lost my red condom", etc.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 12:37:51 am »

the problem of crashes is that 2238 engine does not support x64 processors. and server machine is based on 64 bit processor.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
Re: TIP FOR AVOIDING ROLLBACKS
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 12:39:24 am »

(modified thread title so there would be less confusion.)
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 05:34:46 am »

Server has compensated for this strategy by listing its uptime as 3 hours. I'm thinking it's a trap to get me to log in?

Xisingr Will

• Healing, Healing, and more Healing
    • http://fonline2238.net/forum/
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 05:57:31 am »

Server has compensated for this strategy by listing its uptime as 3 hours. I'm thinking it's a trap to get me to log in?
Nah during the time when theres only around 10-20 people on it will stay on for a longer time, possibly 3-5 hours.
I am a Medic NonCombat Carebear APK Gorgon, get over it.

JovankaB

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 05:58:02 am »

DeputyDope's tip works only during peak time, when there is about 50 people on server.

minutes 1-45 - you do normal activity that you don't want rollbacked, eg hunting
minutes 45-60 - do whatever can't be destroyed by rollbacks, eg looking for new people to hunt in game or even things where rollbacks are helpful, like some testing with your ammo / weapons (you will get it back).

Remember minute 45 is the moment where you will be rollbacked. If you are in encounter with other people, wait a moment for them to login. Location will disappear if you exit it. Once you adjust to the cycle you might find the game more fun to play.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 06:56:15 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 06:12:26 am »

Once you adjust to the cycle you might find the game more fun to play.

This is disgusting.
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 06:29:11 am »

This is disgusting.

No.

People complaining about a free game and hanging around the forum just to trashtalk the game is disgusting.

Game is free, no one pays for this, complaining about this game is like being invited into someone's house and then throwing coffee at the host's face because the coffee wasn't like you wanted to.

These brats whining about how the game is "dead" must be the same brats that go to McDonald's to complain that their 3 dollar meal is taking more than 60 seconds to be prepared.

Don't like it don't stay here.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 06:46:58 am »

DeputyDope's tip works only during peak time, when there is about 50 people on server.

minutes 1-45 - you do normal activity that you don't want rollbacked, eg hunting
minutes 45-60 - do whatever can't be destroyed by rollbacks, eg looking for new people to hunt in game or even things where rollbacks are helpful, eg some testing with your ammo / weapons (you will get it back).

Remember minute 45 is the moment where you will be rollbacked. If you are in encounter with other people, wait a moment for them to login. Location will disappear if you exit it. Once you adjust to the cycle you might find the game more fun to play.

I really enjoy testing my ammo!
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

JovankaB

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2012, 07:14:58 am »

This is disgusting.
Maybe for you it's disgusting, but for some people it may be a valuable knowledge. In my opinion with 15 minute rollbacks every hour it's the only way to play 2238 without much frustration, unless you limit yourself to chit-chat / idling or simply quit until the problem is fixed. Sorry. Developers try to fix this:
we know what is probably causing this and we are working on fixing it
but please remember it's a free game and developing it is their hobby they do in their free time.

GMs can't do anything else except informing people how to mitigate inconveniences and fixing some consequences of crashes like broken stills or people trapped in Hinkley. These tasks are not particularly fun as you can probably imagine, much less fun than playing game in 45 minute windows (I tried so I know). So stop being a butt-hurt whiners if you have nothin valuable to add.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 07:51:18 am by JovankaB »
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2012, 07:50:08 am »

the problem of crashes is that 2238 engine does not support x64 processors. and server machine is based on 64 bit processor.
Orly?
Thx. You made my day!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 27 queries.