Author Topic: FOnline SDK suggestions  (Read 3484 times)

FOnline SDK suggestions
« on: June 20, 2012, 06:29:35 pm »
i m not moderator and never will be but:
i think topic like this can be usefull like:

post here what you need/suggest to make and maybe someone have it allready done and can share here

also my first suggestion:
make fonline sdk torrent file and upload to piratebay or etc
as i understant legal stuff at agreement at fonline.ru - any person can share that sdk, so instead of software for sdk used once for 1 time ever and huge/not huge installation win dows modifications and etc u can get fonline sdk from torrent for 3-15min with +++MBs speed

Let the Force be with You.

Re: FOnline SDK suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 06:59:11 pm »
You dont undrstand main goal of svn, with it you can update to newest revisions, check difference between revisions, etc... So idea to upload one revison to torrent just useless.

Offline codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:24:34 pm »
You dont undrstand main goal of svn, with it you can update to newest revisions, check difference between revisions, etc... So idea to upload one revison to torrent just useless.

Exactly.  Plus, with the SVN you can pull ONLY what you need to replace/update, as well. 

My only suggestion would be a "Ready Made" type thread, which will cut down on topics I think.  Such as how to disable bounty hunters, tent scripts, etc.

If it doesn't happen, it's not the end of the world though.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 08:37:58 pm »
Couldn't you torrent a snapshot of the repo, then change the folder to an SVN one afterwards?

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 09:40:12 pm »
Yes "made things" is good idea and I support it. Maps, scripts, mods.

Offline codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:00:09 pm »
Couldn't you torrent a snapshot of the repo, then change the folder to an SVN one afterwards?

Yeah, you could, but I don't see any reason to. Pulling down the whole repository the first time is much simpler than a torrent IMO. It's pretty much a non-issue.

As far as the "Ready Made" thread, I'll start one when I get home from work.

ETA - Done.

http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,24432.0.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 01:43:31 am by codave »

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 12:05:30 am »
I reccon you haven't checket fonline.ru there is a shit load of mods,scripts,graphics. And for tent thingy, there is the geck city script thing which you can modify easy. All you need to do is make the map. There is lots of premade "stuff" just look for them.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:07:42 am by Gob »