"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 07:24:26 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Travel Mode  (Read 1055 times)

Gunduz

• [MDK]skankin
Travel Mode
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:08:31 pm »

When traveling on the world map, getting from point A to B can be long, tiresome, and deadly. What I suggest is a toggle button to switch between 'battle' and 'travel' modes. Battle would keep the current travel speed and rate of encounters. Travel mode would reduce the chance of encounters and increase speed (About 10% or so).

The drawback would be that while 'traveling', any encounters you do hit will essentially be an ambush. You'd have a much higher chance of attacking last in TB (in RT, enemies would start with full AP while you have 0), dodge may be reduced for at least one turn (or until your AP first fills up), and your enemies could have a much higher chance to crit for one or more rounds.

Battle mode, on the other hand, would slightly increase the odds of ambushing enemies, and potentially raise dodge/crit for a short time.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
Re: Travel Mode
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 09:08:57 pm »

OR you could use a car (highwayman for 5K at reno)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:14:05 pm »

How about a Cautious Mode instead? Given by cautious nature perk so not anyone can use it.

Spotty

• Wuff Wuff!!!
    • Crazy 88
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 06:07:46 am »

A 10% boost to travel in exchange for deadlier encounters? I'd take the battle mode anytime just for the boost to potential combat. And I got a feeling most others would as well, 'cept those driving.

Wanna build on something Brujah said; travelmode could get a 25% reduced speed combined with cautious nature to ensure safer passage with 95% chance of no encounters.

Better to drive a car.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/
img19/4053/c88.png
"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil."
- Niccolo Machiavelli -
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 06:00:54 pm »

This exact suggestion has been made multiple times.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 06:23:22 pm »

car is not helping with trawells
with 180 od and car - encouners is death at afk mode
simple trawelling with 180 od in afk mode can end by death nearby trawell-start-place.

so any improvement and this with changes beetven ecnounters/no encounters is awesome if gonna be ingame

Let the Force be with You.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 07:52:13 pm »

car is not helping with trawells
with 180 od and car - encouners is death at afk mode
simple trawelling with 180 od in afk mode can end by death nearby trawell-start-place.

so any improvement and this with changes beetven ecnounters/no encounters is awesome if gonna be ingame
what are you talking about? Cars skip 90% of all enc and 120 od is enought

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 08:45:22 pm »

Where do you people get these numbers from? It's 95% of encounters for cars, and Solar said that 100 OD is needed to be able to have max chance to avoid "easy" terrain tiles, while ~180 is needed for max chance of avoiding encounter in "very hard" terrain type, which aren't a lot of tiles. The thing is, it is unknown which tiles are "easy" or "hard" "medium?", but it can usually be determined by the amount of xp you get. Just wanted to make that clear based off of what devs said.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.