"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 01:45:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition  (Read 2939 times)

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
« on: June 16, 2012, 06:28:10 pm »

Atari, Wizards of the Coast, and Overhaul Games are pleased to announce work has begun on the Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II.

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons® computer roleplaying games ever since.

Re-forged by Overhaul Games

Overhaul Games has assembled a talented team of artists, programmers and designers to enhance this timeless classic. To remain true to the spirit of the game, the team includes original Baldur's Gate developers.

Relive the most epic story ever told

Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition™ will feature a re-forged version of the Infinity Engine with a variety of modern improvements.

The greatest roleplaying game of all time, enhanced

For all information regarding Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ visit www.baldursgate.com, for press inquiries contact baldursgate@beamdog.com.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:31:59 pm by Cain »
Re: Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 06:30:23 pm »

Recently they have opened forum at forum.baldursgate.com

Devs are open for bugs submission and feedback from fans/modders.
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 09:26:46 am »

awesome news. very intrested. But wasn't there a graphics mod already? did they just take that or is it really prettier. well i'm gonna find out soon...just as soon as i found another bp :D
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 09:55:03 pm »

I know of it few months ago. Good I am waiting for fresh baldur game.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 02:47:38 pm »

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 03:15:17 pm »

Dont buy this shit for it is nothing but a scam.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 03:27:11 pm »

Native support for high-resolution widescreen displays
Over 400 improvements to the original game
Improved multiplayer support with connectivity between all platforms

It is good features but not so many. They should do it for free like a update for the game.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 07:20:04 pm »

It is good features but not so many. They should do it for free like a update for the game.

Yes, they should do it for free, starve, and not be allowed to continue due to it making no money.

Dont buy this shit for it is nothing but a scam.

A scam?  Quite a few bugfixes, engine improvements, the possibility of modding coming back, the possibility of having another company make rpgs of the glory days.  Seems well worth the money IMO.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:18 pm »

95% of those "bugfixes" were already addressed by modders way before. The new areas look shitty and blurry, they include even more inane romance shit etc. Sorry, but I can safely say I don't need any of this and neither do I need more "rpgs of the glory days" like this.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 07:22:31 pm »

I will be buy it for sure.

Surf wants to be 'hipster'  ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 07:25:20 pm by manero »
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 10:23:03 pm »

I'm too tired to use words...

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 10:26:33 pm »

Although I don't know the details, I agree kind of generally with Surf, most of these "Superb high-quality HD edition of doom and awesomeness" just end up mostly being a flop.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 10:34:06 pm »

But don't you see, finally you can play the game on your awesome Ipad and show off to your friends how you virtually romance awkawrdly written lovescenes while you are sitting in a starbucks - all the same time you are connected via multiplayer to your buddy at his home PC! I am sure all the modders who worked for years on the game cry in joy that some talentless developers took their work and earn money with it while the modders themselves don't see a dime of it! Truly Trent Oster and co. are gods amongst men and we should all throw money at this beautiful project.
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 10:43:21 pm »

I wonder, if Bethesda takes some bugfixes, mods etc. and sells it as Xbox DLC with reference on Nexus network. Would you rage or will you buy it?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 10:46:46 pm »

Why would I want to buy that when it is already freely available?
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.