"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 15, 2024, 07:11:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 3485 times)

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
Apologies
« on: May 29, 2012, 11:13:37 pm »

In a recent post, I used the word "nigger" and said a racial slur. I wanted to publicly apologize for offending anyone if I have done this. No the GM's did not make me apologize, I'm doing it on my own free will. Again, sorry for slang. I will do my best to watch what I say, and try not to offend anyone else.
                                                                                 - Gimper

Gob

• The Good
Re: Apologies
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 09:45:02 pm »

There are no black people playing FOnline so don't worry :D

boatshift

• Evil birdman watches you sleep
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 09:52:00 pm »

but you got a rebel flag lulz
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 10:38:45 pm »

What about the "fags and lezzos" you referred to in your original post?

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 10:45:28 pm »

but you got a rebel flag lulz
CSA ≠ racism. That being said, I am not putting my opinion into anything Gimper said.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 11:00:46 pm »

I think the rebel flag is more about southern pride than anything else. It's not a crime and you and you don't have to be racist to represent your home. There is plenty of racism in the north as well as the south and it's not restricted only to the white people.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 01:25:48 am »

This for one.

And two, they use the word themselves all the time. 

Don't give me some bullshit about not all of them do.  Because they all have at least once, and I know for a fact the majority use it on occassion, having moved across my country to many places and all use this word regularly.

yet practically everywhere nobody gets pissed and defends the white man for being called a cracker, etc.

So yeah.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 03:29:14 am »

You were actually more offensive towards homosexuals than "niggers".
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 03:31:27 am »

I don't think anyone who wasn't racist has ever flown a confederate flag.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 03:33:42 am »

This for one.

And two, they use the word themselves all the time. 

Don't give me some bullshit about not all of them do.  Because they all have at least once, and I know for a fact the majority use it on occassion, having moved across my country to many places and all use this word regularly.

yet practically everywhere nobody gets pissed and defends the white man for being called a cracker, etc.

So yeah.

I have played with at least one black person on Fonline that I know of for certain. However that's not the point because what your saying is basically that it's OK to be racist when members of the race in question are not around.

I would say that while it's ok to joke with your close friends about your and thier race alike in ways that puts everyone at ease with each other by shrinking the elephant in the room into a humerous and non-threatening miniature, the exact opposite is true for getting together with people of only your own race in order to make fun of those from another.

The former brings us closer together by taking ourselves less seriously and equalizing us through neutralizing the minute genetic differences that cause such problems while the latter only widens the divide between us through separation and strengthens an inability to communicate like humans when faced with people from another race.

Words like 'cracker' are also offensive and racist if used in a offensive and racist way. But do we have that problem here? according to you if anyone used that word here that person would probably be white themselves, so who cares right!? It works the same way with the word in question when black people use it amongst themselves. The only diffence is that there is no history of black Africans enslaving white Europeans, certainly not on the industrial scale the reverse happened on, so I wouldn't compalin.

I don't care how many times you have moved, you have not met every black person in 'your country' and saying that every single one of them does anything besides grow skin different from yours is a gross generalization and in itself pretty racist imo.

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 03:58:08 am »

Everyone is racist to an extent, end of story.  You can believe you are not racist but there is no way you have not had a thought simply based off of someones race.  Whether it led you to join the Klan or simply hold your girlfriend a little tighter when you saw someone down the street does not matter.  The fact that you include saying you have played with at least one black person on Fonline makes you racist due to the fact you differentiate them between "normal" people on Fonline.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 04:01:26 am »

So recognizing difference makes you racist? starting to sound like steven colbert.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 04:11:32 am »

Everyone is racist to an extent, end of story.  You can believe you are not racist but there is no way you have not had a thought simply based off of someones race.  Whether it led you to join the Klan or simply hold your girlfriend a little tighter when you saw someone down the street does not matter.  The fact that you include saying you have played with at least one black person on Fonline makes you racist due to the fact you differentiate them between "normal" people on Fonline.

I said I had played with at least one black person because people were saying that there are no black people in the fonline community which is not true.

I also disagree with you because the summation of your argument seems to amount to "we are all racist, racsism is everywhere, if the problem exists everywhere and at all times then there is no reason to ever acknowledge the problem" which is the sort of logic I wouldn't expect anyone over 20 to take seriously because it's just not practical anymore once your frontal lobes have fully developed (true story).

Please correct me if I'm wrong and give us your real bottom line if that was not it.

P.S. the difference between joining the Klan and holding your girlfriend a little tighter is a lynch mob...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:13:35 am by jonny rust »

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 04:16:06 am »

Basic racism is not a problem at all.  Only when it is carried to the point of unrelenting anger does it become a problem, To the Klan and girlfriend bit I was merely showing you acting different because of someone of a certain race being near you, thus confirming your racism.

jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 04:19:24 am »

Basic racism is not a problem at all.  Only when it is carried to the point of unrelenting anger does it become a problem, To the Klan and girlfriend bit I was merely showing you acting different because of someone of a certain race being near you, thus confirming your racism.

that's like saying that my leaky fauset isn't a problem until I get my utility bill.

I'm not saying I'm prefect but I am trying to make myself better and for me personally allowing myself to stay the same just because I havn't killed anyone is not good enough

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 21 queries.