Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611722 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #405 on: December 17, 2010, 03:45:43 pm »
wow some of the models look amazing, i hope to see them in game very very soon, cant wait  ;D

« Reply #406 on: December 17, 2010, 06:36:08 pm »
@wezu:

good powerarmor texture! But can you make the colour like here:

So it would look like the original sprite, maybe you can change it...

I believe devs can implement few colours of Power Armor with that changes. Eg. brotherhood insignia PA's, camouflage PA's, rusty PA's and so on, and so on. It would be lovely to see changes on textures with detoriation. You know - Your armor with 0%will look like brand new, shiny PA while 50% will have many scratches and signs of moisture. 90%detoriated PA will look like fuckin' mess - massive scratches, bullet holes + rust. 3textures for it? Maybe 1-3hours of work on base texture :3
It can apply to any other armor as well and I believe scripting it will be no problem for rotators:3
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:38:52 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #407 on: December 18, 2010, 11:01:47 am »
I believe devs can implement few colours of Power Armor with that changes. Eg. brotherhood insignia PA's, camouflage PA's, rusty PA's and so on, and so on. It would be lovely to see changes on textures with detoriation. You know - Your armor with 0%will look like brand new, shiny PA while 50% will have many scratches and signs of moisture. 90%detoriated PA will look like fuckin' mess - massive scratches, bullet holes + rust. 3textures for it? Maybe 1-3hours of work on base texture :3
It can apply to any other armor as well and I believe scripting it will be no problem for rotators:3
Nice idea. Though, someone of devs said that 3D is totally relied on the players. In other words, if you want this to be done - go and make these 3 types of texture.

Offline Majer

• Someone to hear your prayers, someone who cares.
« Reply #408 on: December 18, 2010, 04:08:40 pm »
Well you could get mask colour like magenta and give players ability to customize (just like in fallout tactics), but then again, noone gives a damn about those models anyway.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #409 on: December 18, 2010, 05:24:55 pm »
Armors will be available in different colors. With 3d models, it is not even 5 minutes of work to change the colors of the texture.

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #410 on: December 18, 2010, 05:54:18 pm »
Armors will be available in different colors. With 3d models, it is not even 5 minutes of work to change the colors of the texture.

As long as we don't start getting our real life eyes crippled by bubble-gum-pink Combat Armors...

I think this is the first time I speak here. I am personally one of the players who prefer the 2D skins... But I also understand it would be nice to customize, and although there's always some genius creating long haired dudes, bald dudes, etc, it is a lot easier with 3D.

Now, I got a question... 3D enemies don't show red highlight. So other players won't have red highlight during PvP?

« Reply #411 on: December 18, 2010, 06:04:14 pm »
As long as we don't start getting our real life eyes crippled by bubble-gum-pink Combat Armors...

why not  ;D just imagine a fat female char with a pink BA in PvP  ;D... that will be a lot of fun  :D

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #412 on: December 18, 2010, 06:05:30 pm »
why not  ;D just imagine a fat female char with a pink BA in PvP  ;D... that will be a lot of fun  :D

Yeah.... Not.  ::)

« Reply #413 on: December 18, 2010, 06:13:58 pm »

Yeah.... Not.  ::)

well i see u like it better where all chars look like clones from a facility  ::)

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #414 on: December 19, 2010, 03:05:29 am »
well i see u like it better where all chars look like clones from a facility  ::)
I don't think the prohibition of one color will make everyone look like clones >_>
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Gray

« Reply #415 on: December 20, 2010, 07:06:41 am »
HELP!
Who knows, how to launch 3D MAX 2010 without installation? My old work comp has died and I haven't admin pass for the new one, so I can't reinstall 3D MAX.

Offline skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #416 on: December 20, 2010, 08:16:19 am »
HELP!
Who knows, how to launch 3D MAX 2010 without installation? My old work comp has died and I haven't admin pass for the new one, so I can't reinstall 3D MAX.
I bet that it will be easier to find this answer on google than here.
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

Offline Gray

« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2010, 06:38:15 am »
I bet that it will be easier to find this answer on google than here.
Google said me nothing about 3D MAX Portable, but one man from Russian community did it ;) So I can continue my work.
The only problem is a low quality of that portable version. If anybody know a good one...

« Reply #418 on: December 25, 2010, 01:18:57 pm »
 i found some time these days for blender an tried to complete the grease gun (which isnt finished?)

and i know a shit about making textures, so i have puzzled that together from inventory icon.

what do you guys think about it? Maybe any advice?
How i learned to love the bomb...

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #419 on: December 25, 2010, 02:21:32 pm »
It's better than nothing. Keep up working, there is not too many models left undone.