Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611771 times)

Offline Enzo

• Homeless wastelander
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #255 on: September 16, 2010, 07:22:32 pm »
I'm pretty sure prone/crouch wont be implemented. The only reason it would be in the game is for rp.ers, becouse if they where to implement prone/crouch they would have to add some kind of cover when ducking at a window (something that doesn't exist now since you are always visible through a window when standing) and they would have to add that to when you hide behind rocks, fences, walls (well im pretty sure those things ain't implemented, think lexxx said something about that sometime).

this all is working in Tactics, isnt it?
Enzo Wolf
former President of Fenix Trading company
former Trading counsellor of former Gray Rock village :D

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #256 on: September 16, 2010, 11:53:39 pm »
its all working in fallout tactics, but fonline 2238 aint fallout tactics.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline John Ryder

• Problem, Surf?
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2010, 12:15:54 am »
Fonline ain't Fallout 2 either.
 - It's intended!
Typical FOnline roleplayers

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2010, 08:51:49 am »
Fonline ain't Fallout 2 either.
It's not, but looks like Fallout/2 more than any other Fallout game.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2010, 07:21:16 pm »
Once these models are done, the task of creating 3D models could be considered as complete.

Not true, there are some (however very few) missing animations for the characters and there are still missing some armor models (there is no Metal armor, CLJ, robes, Leather armor and all their tier 2 upgrades)
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #260 on: September 19, 2010, 09:25:59 pm »
Not true, there are some (however very few) missing animations for the characters and there are still missing some armor models (there is no Metal armor, CLJ, robes, Leather armor and all their tier 2 upgrades)
Uh, sorry. I meant "the task of creating 3D weapon models".

« Reply #261 on: September 20, 2010, 04:55:17 am »
When should this project be finished, I would love to see how it turns out. I've seen the Wiki page, your only missing a few weapons.(all are unarmed weapons.) Do you have all the armors done too? If yes, please reply back, or record your progress in the wiki page. Thank You for listening.
                                                       -Teh§uperNuke ;)

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #262 on: September 27, 2010, 08:43:36 am »
When 3d models we see in game?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2010, 09:07:14 am »

« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2010, 10:05:57 pm »
I've decided to do some modeling. As I see it, this idea of players making all the models in order to help developers is dead, but maybe something will change if theres gonna be at least one person - anyone at all that still wants to help with the game development. Ive made sawn off shotty, since im pretty rusty with blender right now and I needed something easy to start with. You should see resoults today, when i copy the renders on the computer which has an access to the internetz. As i recall, it has about 150 triangles and the last thing that needs some tuning up is a texture.

Well.. Anyway - you will see for yourself soon.

I'm still with the project, even if I'm not playing the game right now ;) Take care.

Edit:

Original

3d

textured

As you can see - I still can't make a nice texture. I think the only exeption was Magnum.

I really hope theres gonna be some reply. A lot of people put a lot of effort in this initiative and it would be really sad if it's gonna die after so much has been done.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 10:52:40 pm by TommyTheGun »

« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2010, 11:36:03 pm »
I believe it's up to devs. We need some kind of info, we need further steps to continue this work.
Someone just have to clean the mess and tell us what to do. It's just pointless to make stuff for nothing. *Poof* - 0 interest and 0 replies in that topic.

I'm sure that people will start working on something IF we will get some info on that.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2010, 11:42:28 pm »
Well - There used to be much more interest - also when it comes to devs - when we really worked on this. I'm still gonna make new models - when we get full list of items = we acomplish something, then we can expect some reaction. I think we can expect anything when we don't have anything. Also - since its a good way to practise your skills, I won't be dissapointed if all those models won't be used in this project. But if Fonline will ever become 2.5d, our work could be used anyway - if not by cvet and devs, then by other servers.

« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2010, 11:47:57 pm »
That's right. I would love to contribute more of my work. Furthermore - I would love to help with project like that, and I'm gonna do it. It's kinda obvious that more people will actively work on this -> much more will come.
But still - we need some word from people who want to make 2,5D go live. Maybe 2238 devs aren't interested anymore, but some other guys might be.
gieeev moar infooooo to hungryyy drunk cheetaaah!
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #268 on: September 29, 2010, 09:21:42 am »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #269 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01:49 am »
SmartCheetah, once all work are done, I'm planning to send all models which are done by 2238 players to the developers of FOG (Fallout Online Grow - an ambitious project from creators of TLA). To be honest, 3D models of weapons isn't the most difficult task to do - there is also 3D models of armor and some critters left undone. And they are seem to be more difficult.
LagMaster, yeah  :) But it's almost the same.