Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611821 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #210 on: July 22, 2010, 06:39:06 pm »
Models and animations are not the only thing. There are still bugs here and there (missing shadow or outlines, etc) additionally to the still missing animations and so on.

« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2010, 06:50:14 pm »
In the right direction, with some colour change and with a bi-pod it will be similar to the original one.

..or just replace the icon with this one:

which I think is a lot better.

Edit:
Models and animations are not the only thing. There are still bugs here and there (missing shadow or outlines, etc) additionally to the still missing animations and so on.

I think that not every single death animation needs to be completed in order to implement 3d, just some basic stuff to make it possible to play. People can make more candy later.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:58:14 pm by Elmehdi »

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2010, 06:53:19 pm »
As far as I know, icons and wielded weapons will be the same model, so I don't think it is possible :/
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Ned Logan

• chaotic good/neutral
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2010, 06:58:33 pm »
I hope it would still be possible to play with 2D client.
Not only because of aesthetics, but also because of performance issues.

Offline gordulan

• General Animosity
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2010, 07:00:40 pm »
nope, the changes will be server side, and there will be a certain level of customisation, much like the van buren tech demo, hopefully some people will go the extra mile and optimise the van buren base models as well... Sorry about the missing letters, I got a nice buzz going, and really don't notice as much as I normally would...

http://tf-2.fr/ach.php?a=Bend Over, Boyo II&b=Shoot 150 people as they are running away from you... In the arse&c=56&d=150&e=1703&f=1

« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »
..or just replace the icon with this one:

which I think is a lot better.

Edit:
I think that not every single death animation needs to be completed in order to implement 3d, just some basic stuff to make it possible to play. People can make more candy later.

Well , its nice :D Tactics fallout

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2010, 08:23:26 pm »

New texture for refined uranium.

Original

I can't get it any better, since highrez textures ain't doable here I cant get on any of those "white" spots that are on the sprite, believe me I've tried but either they don't show or it looks weird. (there are other sides of the rock that is a bit more shinier, the ss is just from a darker spot).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:27:21 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2010, 08:37:06 pm »
great :)

just send me missing models from wiki list - mjastrz@gmail.com
"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #218 on: July 22, 2010, 08:45:10 pm »
gonna get ss of the other models that I'v corrected so far as well. The only models that I haven't touched is the needler pistol and uranium ore, cant make them shiny >,< (holy handgrenade is untouched, unsure if any further work will be placed on it).
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2010, 11:40:42 am »
You see, Izual, lack of changelogs is a valid issue, because it indicates that the project is quite dead.

It indicated, that it's summer time.

Additionally: Just becaues you can't see it, doesn't mean there is no work getting done.

« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2010, 02:55:16 pm »
I'm glad to see you are still working on the project. I would love to help with some models, but I can't really model any armors - i've tried but i suck at it. On the other hand i can see a lot of models that are still "waiting for correction" since... long time ago... So i was wondering - maybe i should try and model something that has been done but wasnt fully uploaded, eh? I should find some time to do it at work. I can play FOnline here, but im pretty sure noone will notice blender as one of the windows :p So - any idea how I can help?

Oh. And for offtop sake: I was really bored few days ago at work so i did that:

It wouldn't be that bad with textures, i guess...

ANYWAYS - Back to lowpoly models. Any idea how I can help? You already know something about my abilities (well.. actualy - lack of em) when it comes to 3d modeling.

« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2010, 06:14:19 pm »
ANYWAYS - Back to lowpoly models. Any idea how I can help? You already know something about my abilities (well.. actualy - lack of em) when it comes to 3d modeling.

Well, you can always make gauss pistol and gauss rifle. I tried and failed :-P - maybe you will succeed.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2010, 08:33:03 pm »
TommyTheGun, wow! Your model are just great!  ;)

Offline Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2010, 09:54:48 pm »
TommyTheGun, wow! Your model are just great!  ;)
Its practically a replica.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2010, 04:18:27 pm »
Well, you can always make gauss pistol and gauss rifle. I tried and failed :-P - maybe you will succeed.

I'll try as soon as I'llhave some more spare time at work ;) I'm afraid it's to much for me though - its worth a try anyway, eh? ;)