Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611816 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2010, 08:01:45 pm »
Heres your pistol: http://www.2shared.com/file/gQEcXLtC/10mmgun.html
Do I really need to make a new pcture for the spear, because I made the handle more thin and it doesn't look like made changes.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2010, 03:39:39 pm »
sorry for double post, but I just wanted to know, are people still working?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2010, 05:45:11 pm »
Uhm.. I'v done most of mine, I still got some that need better eeh.. feeling to their texture, more metal like, but dunno how to (like a bit more shiney but thats made in the 3d program, not the texture, already got great metal texture but it doesn't look metally due to it doesnt get shiney in 3dmax :P)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 05:46:42 pm by bikkebakke »
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2010, 12:32:50 pm »
Add a light to the model? I don't know how to do that in 3Dmax, but you can do that in Wings3D

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2010, 12:34:52 pm »
Is anyone biting the bullet and trying to do some 3D Character models yet?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #95 on: June 06, 2010, 04:34:17 pm »
Isn't there already 3d chars available

dev video 3

As far as I know Cvet (and his team of modders) are working on armors and the characters, they may be doing weapons aswell, im not 100% sure about that. I think Lexx knows more about that.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2010, 11:28:21 pm »
Is anyone biting the bullet and trying to do some 3D Character models yet?

I am. I have both male and female  models done, textured and ready to rig. Also made a little experiment with rats and replaced them in the game with my model , it works fine.

here ,I took some pictures

currently I am working on the leather jacket

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #97 on: June 06, 2010, 11:50:40 pm »
:O KARPOV! why haven't we heard of this earlier!! (small request - can you make a screenshot of them in isometric view, its easier to compare them to the sprites then :P)

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 11:52:11 pm by bikkebakke »

« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2010, 11:56:15 pm »
Still - models need to be made with VB's animations, right? So we have to start with/from VB models and... i don't know - customize them. If I'm wrong, please correct me. And again - if someone has those Van Buren's models in other than .MAX format, please upload it somewhere.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2010, 12:57:19 am »
Apparently we have them in x format too.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2010, 01:25:24 am »
Apparently we have them in x format too.

But it's impossible to upload them or tell me how to get them, so I can at least try to help you a bit and paractise some 3D modeling btw?

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2010, 01:46:48 am »
Well TommytheGun, you can open one of the faction.dat files with DATexplorer, the models in X format are there, with their texures, but I could not figure out how to open them. Anyway, I am not using VB bone system, so I created the animation myself and then exported the model to .x, made one just as a test.
Here is a video, I believe that one was orthographic...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DRAJ_tWN64

« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2010, 02:04:16 am »
You can view .x format with this
http://www.jan1024188.com/3dmodelviewer.html

« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2010, 02:08:52 am »
@Karpov - does it mean you can create whole new animations so they could look more like in old Fallouts? Cause that would be awesome. It's always good to know that those models are already in faction files - i figured, they were not in out files, since we have no use for them right now as players (I'm talking about characters, not critters).

@Bobsky

The problem was not how to view .x format, but how to open .MAX format and convert it to .x without usind 3D studio Max

Anyway - thanks for answers

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2010, 04:01:28 am »
You are right Tommy, the characters are not there, only critters, my bad. And yes, I can create animations, but there are over 100 inside the VB model, though I don't think the game uses them all.