Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611949 times)

Offline Luther Blissett

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2340 on: June 03, 2012, 02:13:57 am »
Hahaha :) If it's the one I think you mean, other than the base texture I'm testing things with, I don't think there's any new models on there - though it is quite a nice set of the existing hats / armours and bits we've got.

This one?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2341 on: June 03, 2012, 02:29:52 am »
Yep exactly. Loving the small changes of colour, detail etc on the armours!

Only the colour of that red barret seems to be a bit unfitting. Is that one within the fallout 256 palette?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:31:43 am by Surf »

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2342 on: June 03, 2012, 02:43:14 am »
None of those are anywhere near that palette :)

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2343 on: June 03, 2012, 03:15:32 am »
Atleast the red barret is sticking out, the others are nice. :P Though, IMO they could all be a slightly bit brighter. Easy job to do though, so no complaints from me here. ;)

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2344 on: June 03, 2012, 04:02:17 am »
The beret was made for the rigging tutorial, though afterwards I decided I quite liked it (despite the model and texture being pretty crap if you look at them closely). For them to be usable, they'd need to be completely different colours, or at least "Fallout red", which I'd take as the tone used on the red shirts on the black peasant. However, that general olive/grey/green colour for the base tones also doesn't "exist" as such, so would need hue-shifting to the nearest brown or green shade to actually fit next to sprites and original scenery.

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #2345 on: June 03, 2012, 01:06:27 pm »

« Reply #2346 on: June 03, 2012, 09:56:21 pm »
Hahaha :) If it's the one I think you mean, other than the base texture I'm testing things with, I don't think there's any new models on there - though it is quite a nice set of the existing hats / armours and bits we've got.

This one?

it looks like a improvement over old. and normally i don't like new stuff over the old f2

Offline boatshift

• Evil birdman watches you sleep
« Reply #2347 on: June 03, 2012, 11:17:59 pm »

This one?

i like it .... alot :D

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2348 on: June 14, 2012, 10:14:38 am »
Still struggling to get anything from the normal mapping.

This stuff alone doesn't make any difference :
Code: [Select]
[...]Effect 3D_NormalMapping.fx
CalculateTangentSpace

Effect 3D_SpecularMapping.fx
EffDef Floats Specular_Power 5.0[...]

This is from the top of _FOHuman.fo3d - the specular stuff, which works, is there for comparison.

I can get it to do something if I put the effect line directly in a layer like so :

Code: [Select]
Value 77  Root Texture 0 diffuse.png Texture 1 normal.png Texture 2 specular.png Effect 3D_NormalMapping.fx
This doesn't do what it's meant to, but does have an effect on the model :

(Left is without this, right is with)
It does this regardless of what the normal map contains. If you look at the white part, it appears to overwrite all other lighting / shadow info.

It could just be my archaic graphics card being shit, but normal mapping appears to work fine in other software, so I'm leaning towards it being a problem with what I've tried to type in the fo3d stuff. To be honest, I'm well out of my league with this stuff. Someone must understand it though...

p.s. Love the existence of the new SDK board :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:20:09 am by Luther Blissett »

« Reply #2349 on: June 28, 2012, 09:30:25 pm »
A small report on the progress of Muties. Textures and extra models are done by Nasty Khan they look real good in motion too.
This goes here instead of animation cause it just shows they got rigged still fiddling around with getting them blown to pieces.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2350 on: June 29, 2012, 02:57:38 am »
Looking impressive!

p.s. I'm very busy with work at the moment, I've not disappeared.

JovankaB

« Reply #2351 on: June 29, 2012, 08:55:03 am »
A small report on the progress of Muties. Textures and extra models are done by Nasty Khan they look real good in motion too.
This goes here instead of animation cause it just shows they got rigged still fiddling around with getting them blown to pieces.

It looks INCREDIBLE :) They seem to have a bit short hands though.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:57:38 am by JovankaB »

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #2352 on: June 29, 2012, 02:50:02 pm »

Damn I cant stop staring at this it looks so cool o_O

Offline foad

• google trдиslдte
« Reply #2353 on: July 05, 2012, 02:53:15 am »
hi all.
made a couple missing models (128x128 px textures)

1. water chip (100 polys)

2. ears (of the player and masticator, 48 polys). not sure how they should look on the ground..

3. electric lockpick mk2. I redid it, because the previous version was crap. less count of polys (91 polys)

I did not post it on the russian fonline forum, because it was full of smart moscow schoolboys and sad trolls  :)
but sent a files links to Graf

« Reply #2354 on: July 05, 2012, 06:48:31 am »
They look ok. Although adding some minor extras to the textures would make them look better but the shapes I think are totally good.