Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611714 times)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2235 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:25 pm »
I made some kind of spheric shield appear when you dodge an attack, it is only possible to animate the effect when the character animations play.

I don't think I will work on npc's at all at the moment. I'll be working on the ramdom idle animations, and then I'll work on finishing death anims.

« Reply #2236 on: March 12, 2012, 10:55:22 am »
Hey Karpov I love your new work. Very good!

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2237 on: March 12, 2012, 11:37:15 am »
I really like the sparkle effect of Tesla Armor, looks very good. Good job so far.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #2238 on: March 12, 2012, 11:52:47 am »
I really like the sparkle effect of Tesla Armor, looks
like christmas tree ;D

« Reply #2239 on: March 12, 2012, 01:57:25 pm »
They look totally matching to the originals.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #2240 on: March 12, 2012, 04:40:42 pm »
(..)
case 241:                     handle = 241;              break;

So now, I add myself a 223 pistol in the game with the command ~ais 241 1 , equip it, and a beautiful 223pistol appears in the hand of the character. I could not believe it, but it works.  :D

Now, for the rest, I was thinking of a Microsoft Excel sheet with those two columns numerated automatically, because Fallout has like 500 items. I don't know if it can be done, and I don't have Excel either.
Code: [Select]
default:                                 handle = pid;                                                  break;This is something you are looking for. Also if you don't like everything doing this (because generic items might just be invisible or other stuff might be wrong), you can just as well do something like this (for all of the items)
Code: [Select]
case PID_MINIGUN:
case PID_AVENGER_MINIGUN:
case PID_VINDICATOR_MINIGUN:             handle = pid;                 break;
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2241 on: March 12, 2012, 07:02:21 pm »
Wow, that's even better, than I expected. You just keep increasing the level of your works. Keep it up!

I only have one question so far - does it means, that none of the models doesn't need alignment anymore? I just wonder to see my models in the game :p Any screenshot would be just enough.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2242 on: March 12, 2012, 08:25:36 pm »
No Graf, this means that every weapon will be shown as it should in the game. Not all rifles are the hunting rifle, not all pistols are the smg, but we have one model for each Item in the game.  Alignment is still needed, but not a big issue. You see, if you align 1 rifle, you can copy the parameters for every rifle in the game. Then we only need to change the scale.
Now I can start adding the items by ID order. I might need to check that repository of yours, because I don't have all of the items. Do you mind sending me the link to it?

I will upload the new files when I can use my bandwidth  ;) Then you will see what I mean, it changes a lot the testing experience.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2243 on: March 13, 2012, 07:20:33 pm »
Got it, thank you for clarifying. Feel free to use any resources from the test repository, which is located right here.

« Reply #2244 on: March 18, 2012, 12:41:59 pm »
Hey Graf can you update wiki? How many items need to be done?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2245 on: March 18, 2012, 05:54:06 pm »
Miscellaneous items tracker and weapons are up to date. Concerning the armors tracker... I'll check the latest revision and try to update it where possible.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #2246 on: March 18, 2012, 06:50:28 pm »
The latest wipe helmets aren't added to the tracker (metal mask and all others).
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2247 on: March 20, 2012, 05:43:35 pm »
Harald, do you have a pictures for the new helmets and armors? I was trying to extract them from the .DAT files, but didn't found any.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #2248 on: March 20, 2012, 06:22:51 pm »
They are in the new Faction.zip and Faction001.zip in "Data" folder. Still, I uploaded them for you. They still should be in their PNG format. Also, you might want to update the new CA inventory pictures. File names also should be the same as the ones found in Faction.zip

All CA variant helmets (order is the same like for the new CA sprites, also note I found an enclave combat helmet mk2, dunno why it is there, but still uploaded it)

The new CA sprites

LJ and CLJ helmets

Metal mask, metal mask mk2 and tesla helmet

Leather helmet and leather helmet mk2

A random motorcycle helmet I found in the folder - I'm not entirely sure why is it there, but I found about 12 variations for it too (they have drawings on them or just a different colour)

That Faction.zip is full of mistery - I also found a smoke and gas grenade pictures. (not uploaded)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:46:59 pm by Haraldx »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2249 on: March 20, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »
Thanks for the pictures, Harald. I've just finished uploading them to the armors tracker. Will do the screenshots for existing models tomorrow.