Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 612033 times)

Offline Gob

• The Good
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2220 on: February 22, 2012, 02:58:05 am »
Great idea, I'm a bit afraid of the 3D performance.
Will events with like 100 critters be possible without a very good graphics card? :/

Ofc :D... do u think fonline will run good on my GeForce GTX 580 of 1 gb ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:22:47 pm by Gob »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2221 on: February 22, 2012, 03:07:42 am »
The amount of polygons and its performance is directly affected by the size of the GFXcards RAM? If yes, I feel glad for buying a card with 4gb of said space. :D

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2222 on: February 22, 2012, 03:36:00 am »
I wouldn't worry too much yet. All my playing and testing has been done with a graphics card with 128MB RAM. 128MB. I had to check again myself because I didn't believe it. No real problems so far - though I've not tested with large numbers of separate models moving at once.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2223 on: March 11, 2012, 06:36:46 am »
I don't think RAM in the graphics card is used for rendering the polygons, I believe it's just for cache of textures and such.

Hello guys  :) I guess I've been away for some time. Been up and down the real wastelands but I made it back home.
  In the short time I worked on the models I found some real good stuff that I want to share with you. It's about the way the engine assigns the weapon model for each item in hand, I finally found a way to do it, now I can equip a gauss rifle and it does not show as a hunting rifle!  :D. However, it's text text text text text, so I will need some help. I will explain the procedure tomorrow.
  Also the female model is fully functional already, though it could use a tweak or two.
I have to sleep now, have a nice day people. Bye

PD: can't leave without saying how I missed posting here  ;)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #2224 on: March 11, 2012, 10:48:12 am »
Great to hear. I am always a bit scared when 3d model posts are going low. :p

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2225 on: March 11, 2012, 11:23:21 am »
I wouldn't worry too much yet. All my playing and testing has been done with a graphics card with 128MB RAM. 128MB. I had to check again myself because I didn't believe it. No real problems so far - though I've not tested with large numbers of separate models moving at once.
What card is it (exact model)? I remember my brother had some problems running FOnline on a 128mb RAM internal video card just by standing in NCR.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2226 on: March 11, 2012, 04:17:39 pm »
It's good to see you are back, Karpov. I guess, the whole community was missing you, especially those, who are interested in 3D development. I'm really looking forward for some more amazing stuff from you.

Side note: I still didn't managed to buy a laptop, so I would like to apologize, that I couldn't keep my promise to make some models in time. Once I buy it, more works from me will follow shortly.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:21:58 pm by Graf »

« Reply #2227 on: March 11, 2012, 04:37:03 pm »
Would be cool to see another presentation of your work, Karpov. It seems that the alphaversion of the 3d era is not far behind the hill, now that you have done the female and male animations.

Just don't go all Stakhanov on it.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2228 on: March 11, 2012, 04:55:25 pm »
I was missing this too. I'll make a video.
 So, yesterday I said that I managed to get the weapons working properly. This is how it's done.

there's a file called client_main.fos in the server/scripts folder. At the very bottom there is a list of weapons with lines that look like this:

case PID_223_PISTOL:                     handle = ATTRIBUTE_Handle_Weapon_223Autoloader;              break;

This means that PID_223_pistol will use Attribute_handle_weapon_223autoloader as the world model

Now, I noticed these names are just replacing the numbers, which are the item ID in the first case, and the layer value in the second one. So I replaced the line for this

case 241:                     handle = 241;              break;

So now, I add myself a 223 pistol in the game with the command ~ais 241 1 , equip it, and a beautiful 223pistol appears in the hand of the character. I could not believe it, but it works.  :D

Now, for the rest, I was thinking of a Microsoft Excel sheet with those two columns numerated automatically, because Fallout has like 500 items. I don't know if it can be done, and I don't have Excel either.

There has to be a line for armors as well, I will look for it.
So long ~param 0 151 x   ;D

Edit: I found it, it was right above. Now the armors work. Of course, those with no item in the game, still have to be worn by command.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:25:16 pm by Karpov »

« Reply #2229 on: March 11, 2012, 06:22:13 pm »
I'm not going to pretend i understand this, but it seems that you found a elegant solution and now i'm really interested how it will look, Karpov.

As for Excel, OpenOfficeCalc could handle autonumerating as well. And it's free.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #2230 on: March 11, 2012, 06:28:31 pm »
if it's something like this:
Code: [Select]
switch(some_int)
   {
   case 1: handle=1; break;
   case 2: handle=2; break;
   //and so on...
   case 999: handle=999; break;
   default: handle=-1;
   }
Then the proper thing to do would be
handle=some_int;
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:32:40 pm by pistacja »

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2231 on: March 11, 2012, 07:16:18 pm »
I don't know about coding pistacja, do you think this whole number list can be replaced by a single line? That would be better.
However, my brother helped me with the Excel sheet, and now I have 500 lines in the file working just fine.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szOILtpP2yc" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szOILtpP2yc</a>
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 07:32:07 pm by Karpov »

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #2232 on: March 11, 2012, 08:17:45 pm »
I also know little about coding and absolutely nothing about scripts in fonline. However the switch/case syntax looks kind of like C.
This code does the same:
switch(some_int)
   {
   case 1: handle=1; break;
   case 2: handle=2; break;
   //and so on...
   case 999: handle=999; break;
   default: handle=-1;
   }
..as this code...
if(some_int==1) handle=1;
else if(some_int==2) handle=2;
else if(some_int==3) handle=3;
//and so on...
else if(some_int==999) handle=999;
else handle=-1;
..and this code
//optional check
if(some_int!=Null)
    handle=some_int;
else
   handle=-1;

..anywho, video looks promising ;)

Offline Perteks

• It's made of vague and to do lists!
« Reply #2233 on: March 11, 2012, 08:56:20 pm »
Woa damn dude those models are great. But about Tesla its possible to turn that sparkles after hits for like 2-3 s it will be even more badass

« Reply #2234 on: March 11, 2012, 09:01:29 pm »
Looks pretty good with Teslaarmor. Awesome animations!  :D

Are you going to do the human NPC animations next?