Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611772 times)

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2175 on: December 07, 2011, 03:51:57 pm »
swiping one

models left
adn the hip thing too

« Reply #2176 on: December 07, 2011, 06:25:06 pm »
swiping one

Heh yeah, looks like he's doing some taekwondo. But so what if it comes fast, long animations suck unless they can be cancelled. And if they can be cancelled, nobody's gonna watch them finish anyway. For example the looting animation is tiresome when hauling large ammounts of stuff or picking it up from ground.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

« Reply #2177 on: December 07, 2011, 06:53:23 pm »
That was insightful.
Animations should be quicker, except idle ones. Yet, it's not a problem to make it slower - who would use a beer in combat? ;)
Jet? Cigarettes? Stimpacks? Perhaps.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2178 on: December 07, 2011, 07:45:51 pm »
how about when we loot a body we stay in some sort of crouch pozition and ever take/put action will be a small hand movement like in FoT
for standing loots like bookshelves we put a foot in front of it and a hand on it

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2179 on: December 08, 2011, 02:58:06 pm »
how about when we loot a body we stay in some sort of crouch pozition and ever take/put action will be a small hand movement like in FoT
for standing loots like bookshelves we put a foot in front of it and a hand on it
Hmm... indeed, good idea.
Something like while the looting window is open, the player is crouching and "looting" (indicated by "tickling" the body). And when the window is closed, the player stands up.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #2180 on: December 08, 2011, 08:36:45 pm »
Tickling you say...? How about this?

That are two separate animations, but TinyGif connected them somehow. I'm surprised.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2181 on: December 09, 2011, 02:41:41 pm »
looks good, me gusta

« Reply #2182 on: December 09, 2011, 06:06:29 pm »
I'm glad you like it.
Here, could you take a critical look at this here? I'm aware that Karpov made a female walk animation, but this here is my own - i'm just developing the workflow.

I was also thinking of making a left/right leg limping animation today - for critical hit victims. ;)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:45:30 pm by Lizard »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #2183 on: December 09, 2011, 09:59:59 pm »
Don't forget to get one for 2h weapons as well, and probably then for melee weapons etc... Not sure if you can just mix two animations together like in most games though - that would save you some work.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #2184 on: December 10, 2011, 11:27:31 am »
For a weapon in each hand, it would be quite easy - i just need to replace the weapon i connect to the animation. For two-handed weapons and melee weapons like sledgehammer a new animation could be made, using the weapon as a crutch. I'm not sure about the BigGuns, though and i'm open to suggestions in that matter.

Parts of the animations could be left as they are, just the new elements should be tweaked accordingly.

Btw, do you know how a animation can be mirrored?

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2185 on: December 10, 2011, 03:04:39 pm »
Wow, you did a great job with the looting animation, it looks exactly how I imagined it!  :o
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2186 on: December 10, 2011, 04:46:25 pm »
for the 2 handed weapons just hold them in 1 hand and the tip of the barrel to stand on the earth near the right model leg

« Reply #2187 on: December 10, 2011, 08:41:41 pm »
Heh, i'll try that tomorrow for sure. This animation can be recycled pretty much, LagMaster. Also, will add "nursing pained arm", too.

Jo, Haraldx, glad that you liked it. :) I appreciate it a lot!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2188 on: December 10, 2011, 09:17:50 pm »
Have you managed to / tried testing any of these in-game yet, Lizard?

« Reply #2189 on: December 10, 2011, 11:01:51 pm »
Have you managed to / tried testing any of these in-game yet, Lizard?

Now that you mention it, no.
I haven't found a link to a working SDK and there were some issues at converting the blend in .X. I'd appreciate it greatly if you could test a animation for me, for example, the Vic. (i'm done with some animations for him tomorrow)