Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 612436 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2160 on: December 01, 2011, 08:28:57 am »
Well Haraldx since the requirement is as much low poly as possible its the best you and I can make, I can increase the poly count a bit and tray make it smoother and for the texture I agree that is not pretty but I don't know if I can make it better but I will try.
Edited: http://www.mediafire.com/?d5cyrjw2h8w5r7b here's my version of the bottle but the poly count is tripled so waiting for future instruction reduce poly ? change the shape ? or start making textures ? O just move on to other objects?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 10:36:31 am by Taziz »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2161 on: December 01, 2011, 02:53:00 pm »
Most of the edges are highly unnecesary. In my opinion, the model I made is just fine, it's just the texture where I failed. If you look at the Nuka Cola Mr_Gazo made, the model is nearly identical to yours, you just added many un-needed polygons. I'm not entirely sure about the fact that the bottle is wider on X axis, it may be the perspective of the original image tho.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:11:52 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #2162 on: December 01, 2011, 03:51:59 pm »
sorry mate for misunderstanding then, I can try adding texture to your old model please tell me where I can download it but still I think few edges here and there won't hurt to add ?  or maybe not and yeah I know that a lot of edges are unnecessary I got used to high poly to much and adding details when ever I can.
And about the X axis I think your correct I mixed up in scaling I think.

Edited: http://www.mediafire.com/?xdbrb1whp4swp5g here's second try And I guess still you need correction since I don't know how to correct the fold thingy
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:42:43 pm by Taziz »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2163 on: December 01, 2011, 04:42:32 pm »
I don't seem to have that bottle still on my computer, you might want to ask Graf about the model.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2164 on: December 02, 2011, 05:41:48 am »
All models (except those, which I can's upload for some weird reason) are available from the test repository. If you can't find some model in there, feel free to contact me via PM, and I'll send the missing model then.

« Reply #2165 on: December 02, 2011, 08:31:51 am »
So the envelope I made was not good ?
I will see what can I do about the beer bottle

« Reply #2166 on: December 03, 2011, 06:51:53 am »
So the envelope I made was not good ?
I will see what can I do about the beer bottle

The envelope was unreadable in Blender, but the bottle was quite useful, Taziz, thanks. Cheers.

Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2167 on: December 03, 2011, 11:34:31 am »
about the drink anim:
1, the hand must stay in the same transversal plan
2, the head bust tilt back

« Reply #2168 on: December 03, 2011, 11:38:50 am »
what version of blender are you using Lizard since it works fine with windows 64 bit 2.60a version
http://www.mediafire.com/?hs481k82hacq71o here's .blender version of the envelope

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2169 on: December 03, 2011, 12:03:35 pm »
Envelope looks good for me, so I uploaded it to the tracker. The only thing I recommend, is to make items have all sides visible and textured. This way they won't looks weird while worn in hand. This applies to both, envelope and leaflet.

Gamma Gulp beer is on other hand way too high-poly, moreover, we've got it already. It doesn't means, that you can't make an improved version, it only means, that you should make it better, if you want to replace the existing model.

Also, please note, that I don't have much spare time currently, so it may take a while, to upload things and to update the tracker.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:05:16 pm by Graf »

« Reply #2170 on: December 03, 2011, 12:41:26 pm »
yeah mate I do understand that everyone has there life and stuff, I spend all of my time including my free time on modeling learning from modeling to get better at art so I can make lots of models and they will improve over time.
Here's a question how will items appear in the inventory ? as a 3d model or as an image ? Since I you can always make a model in higher poly and better texture or anything that makes it better and render it at better image quality ?
and about both sided textures I can make it as a boxes it will increase slightly in poly if that what you want ?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2171 on: December 03, 2011, 01:12:51 pm »
Here's a question how will items appear in the inventory ? as a 3d model or as an image ?

They will appear as an images. In case, if there's no image for this particular item (this only applies to the new items, done from scratch), then someone have to render a model and make a nice and cute inventory picture.

I can make it as a boxes it will increase slightly in poly if that what you want ?

That's exactly what I mean.

« Reply #2172 on: December 03, 2011, 04:48:15 pm »
Well, how about this, then?

I'd like to know, is anyone willing to do a animation set in Blender, provided a detailed tutorial, a reference sprite sheet and a ready-rigged model? No one?

Also, i have 32bit Blender 2.6.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 04:56:33 pm by Lizard »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2173 on: December 03, 2011, 06:46:35 pm »
looks preety good, but the left arm comes in a bit too fast

« Reply #2174 on: December 06, 2011, 09:40:46 pm »
looks preety good, but the left arm comes in a bit too fast

What do you mean, the bottle hand or the swiping one? I always count "the left one" as the model's own "left", not from my point of view. Why do you think it's too fast?
I think, the bottle goes through the hip, that must be changed...