Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 612146 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2145 on: November 19, 2011, 01:09:34 pm »
Jep, noted. But i thought that wouldn't be fair to alter Jotisz' model, so i just made the texture.

But Gray is right, Jotisz, a supermutant would have huge trapezius muscles affixed to the back of the neck.
He's not a vulture.
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #2146 on: November 19, 2011, 07:56:44 pm »
I actually like it a lot, not much as diffuse, but looks like very nice height map. Might be worth a try to convert it into normal map, for example with
http://normalmapgenerator.yolasite.com/
Texture itself would then be just skin without any lighting applied, however you should be able to see how is it without one :>.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #2147 on: November 20, 2011, 08:46:56 pm »
Too slow....

« Reply #2148 on: November 21, 2011, 01:18:10 pm »
Jep, noted. But i thought that wouldn't be fair to alter Jotisz' model, so i just made the texture.
Actually the problem would have been that the model has some flaws beside the neck I'm trying to correct.
So far I was able to correct the arms they were a bit short and more or less the lower leg.
As far the neck is considered I made 3 test renders personally I would choose the second one.
The first has the back almost joined with the neck which I think is a fail cause as I see from the sprites they are a bit hunchbacked (I'm sure I'm using the wrong word here). The last one has a bit widened neck back only a little so its way close to the original.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2149 on: November 21, 2011, 03:38:02 pm »
The second seems OK.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2150 on: November 21, 2011, 07:39:27 pm »
yeah, 2nd and 3rd are ok

Offline ChikChik

• ... and I'am all out of gum!
« Reply #2151 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:53 am »
Now it looks pretty nice. As for me, 1st and 2nd ones are alright. Also, place 2nd model to sprite-like position, so we will be able to see difference/similarity.

« Reply #2152 on: November 30, 2011, 05:12:25 pm »
Here's my first contribution to fonline but still I guess it dose not look like original and its need a lot of fixing since I still need a lot of work with my photoshop skills so if this is ok and you need me to fix something please send me an email or PE so I can make the corrections

edited: upload files 2 post below
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:56:20 pm by Taziz »

« Reply #2153 on: November 30, 2011, 05:32:12 pm »
Well that looks pretty nice for beginning... Care to make a beer bottle with texture, Taziz? I need it for my animation.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #2154 on: November 30, 2011, 05:33:50 pm »
Can't open it. WinRar shows somekind of error when trying to unpack something from the archive.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #2155 on: November 30, 2011, 05:41:48 pm »
Haraldx I'm using 7z maybe try that for extracting but if its corrupted or something I can zip it to another format and re-upload it again
And lizard sure I can is this for fonline or for your personal project ? do you need it high poly or low poly ? do you have any reference or something in mind so I can see what direction I go for it since there's a lot of bear bottles types, so Email me

edited: yes if somebody can tell me what is written on the leaflet and provide me with better sprites of the citizen in the picture I can make the texture better and if possible the dog or tell me where I can locate them
edited2: http://www.mediafire.com/?y0aecg2x44xxuef re-uploaded the file and changed it to zip format
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:55:03 pm by Taziz »

« Reply #2156 on: November 30, 2011, 06:16:53 pm »
FOnline, lowpoly, Gamma Gulp, best as Wavefront .obj
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Beer#Beer

It's Frank Zappa or someone else with dreadlocks, stenciled on dirty-yellow background with gothic characters upon. Like this one, by EmptySamurai.

http://xtremecaffeine.tumblr.com/post/10780170530/emptysamurai-gamma-gulp-by-emptysamurai-for

As for better sprites, i suggest you make yourself familiar with .DAT explorer and FRM Workshop and browse the critter.dat for best frames you can get. IrfanView "make panorama view" feature is also a great thing for making reference pictures aside from these essentials.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 06:18:30 pm by Lizard »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2157 on: November 30, 2011, 06:33:15 pm »
Haha :D I never payed attention to what's drawn on the leaflet. Still, it's a very funny picture, with a dog pursuing a farmer. Nice work, Taziz.

« Reply #2158 on: November 30, 2011, 08:12:04 pm »
Graph Thanks, and Lizard sure my next model will be your bear
Lizard I don't mind making the bottle but why are you not using the one that already uploaded ?
maybe something specific you want me to do on that model ?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 09:24:24 pm by Taziz »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #2159 on: November 30, 2011, 10:30:04 pm »
The model I made it's just... it's pretty low detailed and the texture is shit. God, only now I realize how much my models suck.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:33:09 pm by Haraldx »