Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611968 times)

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #2025 on: August 18, 2011, 04:43:52 pm »
Oh right! Graf gave me those as bases for some clothing I did, I really like the Yakuza tats you've done, I also dig the arms and legs of the tribals but I'm not sure about the torso tats. They look a little to much like modern-day surfer designs, although having said that, there is no reason why in the apocalyptic future those wouldn't be considered sacred symbols :)

Did you make the nude female base used in the female Yakuza tat, and would you be able to send me a link?  The one I have has a few problems and your's looks much better...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:28:41 am by jonny rust »

« Reply #2026 on: August 18, 2011, 11:08:05 pm »
Sure, I'll upload them in next few days(still need few tweaks+little time I have)
If I won't upload them to Sunday, just send me a PM. i'll try to get them useable asap.
They were redone by myself, and originally made by Karpov or someone.I tried to make them look more "neutral" if ye' know what I mean.

And yeah - no idea how Americans/other europeans/Australians/Whatever call it, but in Poland - We call tattoos like that - "tribal". Funny thing because most tattooists don't want to make them, as they are totally common with total posers, and in "dresiarz" subculture (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dres)
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline jonny rust

• Caravan Dan
« Reply #2027 on: August 19, 2011, 12:45:37 am »
thanks Cheetah! no rush, you finish them when you finish them.

As for the 'tribal' tats, it's the same story here in the states, very poserish ;)

But I still think they have their place in the fallout world, even though you and I probably wouldn't choose them, someone else might. :)

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #2028 on: August 20, 2011, 06:27:39 am »
Hello, my name is Karpov, I'm an amateur digital artist, and I would like to contribute with this project...

:P I'm sorry, I took quite an extended break. I'll try to check the posts, but I could miss some important stuff, so if anyone can tell me what's been going on, it would be great. I'll be joining back soon.

Also, I emptied my Inbox, so you can send me messages, questions, or insults.

EDIT: wait, did actually some bright mind manage to apply specular maps to the models?  :o
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:40:56 am by Karpov »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2029 on: August 20, 2011, 10:36:24 am »
EDIT: wait, did actually some bright mind manage to apply specular maps to the models?  :o
Oh god, Karpov is back! Oh wait... I'm back too... double win?
Also, yes, we have made rather much stuff while you were away. Well, I will try to get back to work, I'm most likely not going to leave now. Will see what can I do.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Pryszczu666

• "And if you gaze for long, into an abyss..."
    • Fonline: Wasteland 2155
« Reply #2030 on: August 20, 2011, 02:40:20 pm »
Let's get this project moving people, i can't wait for evah ! :D

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2031 on: August 20, 2011, 04:49:35 pm »
Hello, my name is Karpov, I'm an amateur digital artist, and I would like to contribute with this project...

I'm sure someone can find something for you to do ;)

[...]I'll try to check the posts, but I could miss some important stuff, so if anyone can tell me what's been going on, it would be great.

1) Johnnybravo is currently working on the lighting / shaders stuff, and making quite good success with it so far
2) Much progress has been made with object models
3) We have character models for most body types (fat, loser, peasant, ghoul, supermutant etc)
4) All the male character models are sharing a "universal UV map" - so many textures are interchangeable across all models (some will need minor adjustments)
5) Many of the armours have been resized for the other body types
6) Some very good new armours have been made
7) 3D Brahmin, and early work on some of the other creatures
8) Beginning stages of learning to rig armour and character models
9) Various work on textures
10) Other things I've forgotten

Offline Handyman

• Zostałem Południowcem !
« Reply #2032 on: August 20, 2011, 05:43:45 pm »
Lol @ Luthooorrrr check who's moderator of this "room" and check 3d development karpov's models are there also, or didnn't i get the joke or you didn't ?  :o
Why would you argue with someone, while you can kill him.

« Reply #2033 on: August 20, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »
@Handyman - You didn't ;)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2034 on: August 20, 2011, 07:08:40 pm »
Working on the robe. Gray robe recolor by me, base robe texture by pistacja (?). Strongman male robe by me, base robe model by pistacja(?).

Just showing the male strongman gray robe. The ugly edges have been fixed after I took this picture.

Straight quote from chat with Graf:
[18:58:20] Vienkārši Pichux: Hey, Just want to show some progress, took me for some reason unexpected amount of time. Ignore the white fields, it is like that because Wings3D doesn't use any kind of aliasing which cause stuff like that to happen. That's strongman (right) and hero (left). When you are back (or whatever) tell me your comment, going a bit away for now.

The fixed edges aren't pictured here too, and the hero model has been completed after I took, this picture.

CHANGE OF PLANS: Leaving again, will be back on unknown date, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:55:28 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2035 on: August 22, 2011, 08:53:12 pm »
Some stuff made during today:

Download link

And a few words regarding our project in general - I'm really frustrated because of how it goes at the moment. I'm actually expecting those who contributed something already to come back again and finish up missing stuff, because it's very unlikely that we'll be able to handle everything by ourselves.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2036 on: August 22, 2011, 09:30:53 pm »

And a few words regarding our project in general - I'm really frustrated because of how it goes at the moment. I'm actually expecting those who contributed something already to come back again and finish up missing stuff, because it's very unlikely that we'll be able to handle everything by ourselves.

Yep, I can understand your frustration towards this issue and would think the same, but you got to remind yourself that this is a usual symptome of works shared over the internet - there are no schedules, everything is made in freetime etc. ;) But basically I agree.

Your models look very good btw! I only can't make out what the "flower" ( ? ) on the bottom is, is this a broc/xander one?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #2037 on: August 22, 2011, 09:39:38 pm »
is brock flower, you can distunguish it from the nice looking yelow petals on it
xander rood is... just a root

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #2038 on: August 23, 2011, 01:30:39 am »
I got a good excuse :P It's initiation... time... for the new students at my school and it's like 500 gazillion tons of work for me to do ^^ ... which actually is not that fun...
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2039 on: August 23, 2011, 02:21:26 am »
I'm really frustrated because of how it goes at the moment. I'm actually expecting those who contributed something already to come back again and finish up missing stuff, because it's very unlikely that we'll be able to handle everything by ourselves.

I am not too worried about this yet - I've been steadily doing my little bits of research in the background (there's a few updates in here), and I think I'll reach some level of success soon, and with confirmation from others that it's correct / compatible / good enough, we can start making a lot of progress (or I can admit defeat and start working on other models instead). If those armour rigs are checked and compatible, I can put the tutorial up. If I get some success with the body type rigging, people can start working on the other armours too. The rigging stuff will also relate to all the objects that have been made, as these appear to need single bones adding as connection points.

I also think that Karpov reappearing will add that little bit extra confidence that will encourage others to get involved again. Ultimately, I think that although things might look like they've slowed down at the moment, I have the feeling that we'll very soon have massive progress with everything, then you can go from  >:( > :(:o:):D;D .