Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611741 times)

Offline Deicide

• Abomination Reborn
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1995 on: August 01, 2011, 10:11:47 am »
It indeed looks good, but it's way too small to be recognizable as "tattoos" in the standard zoom - there it looks as if that particular person just have bruises or didn't wash for quite some time. All details should be optimized so that they look recognizable on the standard 100% zoom.

I agree. I think only something like tribal tattoos will be able to be noticed from so far away. But really and truly, they will even look distorted and blurry so tattoos kinda seem... pointless?
Endless energies of the living,
Summoned by thee.
I am the source of the magic.
I am never ending.

« Reply #1996 on: August 02, 2011, 12:22:40 am »
I discovered something interesting on the web, what could eventually ease animating the models a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsTo4LQoGg&feature=player_embedded

With own motorics, it would be extremely easy to pose and combined with inverse kinematics, it'll be easy to make lots of animations in no time!

Also, the makers of Jurassic Park, the Industry of Light and Magic, used the same technology, called Dinosaur Input Device.
http://www.codersnotes.com/notes/dinosaur-input-device
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:27:02 am by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #1997 on: August 02, 2011, 01:16:03 am »
I discovered something interesting on the web, what could eventually ease animating the models a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwsTo4LQoGg&feature=player_embedded
and I'm sure it's really cheap :)
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

« Reply #1998 on: August 02, 2011, 01:23:57 am »
I think the blured look is only there thanks to the picture format I think in png or some better format the tattoos would be visible though I could be wrong hope not cause they look good.

Yep, it's because of .jpg file format. Anyway, it won't look "great" from the distance. You might get an idea how it looks by just looking at male tatooed skin. If I'll make it look better from the distance, it will be pixelated in 200% zoom. So it's not the best solution ;_; Tattoos are optional, so I don't bother too much about 'em. We'll see the outcome in game.

I will probably upload default skin with ready skintones tomorrow. Rest will have to wait as I got pretty much to do in next few days :< Maybe on weekend.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #1999 on: August 02, 2011, 07:04:39 am »
If I'll make it look better from the distance, it will be pixelated in 200% zoom.

And so does much other stuff in 200% zoom. :) It is not intended to play in this zoom level, so you don't have to optimize it for this.

« Reply #2000 on: August 02, 2011, 12:09:06 pm »
Update on the girls

Boobs are modified according to body build legs and hands sightly changed especial in the case of slim girl.
Download at 2shared as always the rar contains obj files only.
http://www.2shared.com/file/s5Ji3vTD/females.html
And lastly I looked a bit more to Lizard's blend file and played a bit with the armature its quite easy to pose them.
Nothing serious just looking at the armature and playing a bit.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2001 on: August 02, 2011, 01:03:59 pm »
Great work on the female models, Jotisz. Though there's one little thing, that may need fix:

Or maybe it's just because of the perspective, I'm not sure.

I've also mades some progress with miscellaneous items. Now everything from the "keys" section is done.

Download link

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2002 on: August 02, 2011, 01:05:23 pm »
Why is there a picture of Duke Nukem on this thingy? Atleast I don't remember it from FO1/2.
Other than that, good job. :)

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #2003 on: August 02, 2011, 01:13:00 pm »
Why is there a picture of Duke Nukem on this thingy? Atleast I don't remember it from FO1/2.
Other than that, good job. :)
Easter egg?  ;D

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #2004 on: August 02, 2011, 01:24:45 pm »
Well, it's nearly impossible to see, whos face it drawn on the original sprite:

So I've decided to make it a kind of easter egg :) Precisely as it was guessed by barter1113.

Also, Jotisz, we would probably need a "strong" (or "weak", I'm not sure about it) version of the female character, so can you make it as well? It seems to be the last necessary model we need so far.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 01:27:31 pm by Graf »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #2005 on: August 02, 2011, 04:46:40 pm »
Ok painfully read all that docs for it (why russian damnit :<), and found quick solution:
Code: [Select]
EffDef Floats MyValues     1.4-0.05-6-7.7
 EffDef Floats AnotherValue 59.51243

So basicly I'll soon finish those shaders so they're ready for specularity and normal mapping ( as well as optional vertex light for some models without normal mapping and without need to get detailed lighting model, like pickup items ) and explain how things should work.
Additionaly performance options should be easy to do in script as it allows interchanging effects - so by providing effects without specular and also with vertex lighting it should be easy to add game interface to switch them.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #2006 on: August 02, 2011, 06:59:52 pm »
[...]So basicly I'll soon finish those shaders so they're ready for specularity and normal mapping ( as well as optional vertex light for some models without normal mapping and without need to get detailed lighting model, like pickup items ) and explain how things should work.[...]

Very important work and very good news.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2007 on: August 02, 2011, 07:21:39 pm »
Ok painfully read all that docs for it (why russian damnit :<), and found quick solution:
Code: [Select]
EffDef Floats MyValues     1.4-0.05-6-7.7
 EffDef Floats AnotherValue 59.51243

So basicly I'll soon finish those shaders so they're ready for specularity and normal mapping ( as well as optional vertex light for some models without normal mapping and without need to get detailed lighting model, like pickup items ) and explain how things should work.
Additionaly performance options should be easy to do in script as it allows interchanging effects - so by providing effects without specular and also with vertex lighting it should be easy to add game interface to switch them.

Very nice. Are you experienced with dithering/pixelisation  shaders aswell?

« Reply #2008 on: August 02, 2011, 08:48:03 pm »
Johnnybravo nice work on the shaders using normal maps could improve quality of low poly models and make them look high poly.

Also, Jotisz, we would probably need a "strong" (or "weak", I'm not sure about it) version of the female character, so can you make it as well? It seems to be the last necessary model we need so far.
Strong one I think. Probably giving a bit muscular arms and wider body to the default female would be perfect for it. Also I will look up that thing on the fat girl legs.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #2009 on: August 02, 2011, 08:54:33 pm »
Well, it's nearly impossible to see, whos face it drawn on the original sprite:

So I've decided to make it a kind of easter egg :) Precisely as it was guessed by barter1113.

I'd much rather take some picture of the GURPS version of Fallout 1, or some picture from the "Wasteland" game as it would be much closer to the roots of fallout and still be a nice "easteregg".

But ultimately, it's your choice and you are the creator. ;) Also it's so small we won't see it anyway ingame.