Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611841 times)

Offline Deicide

• Abomination Reborn
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1980 on: July 24, 2011, 11:11:58 pm »
@ Deicide http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/3d_miscellaneous_items_development_tracker scroll down a bit there's 3d ammo, which i think will be shown dropped on ground

Thanks. I thought these would just be inventory sprites and not "on floor." still not 100% clear on that. but oh well.

As mentioned before I am aware that the making of weapons for 3d is over with, but are more costumes/armor suggestions still open?
Endless energies of the living,
Summoned by thee.
I am the source of the magic.
I am never ending.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1981 on: July 24, 2011, 11:40:33 pm »
Thanks. I thought these would just be inventory sprites and not "on floor." still not 100% clear on that. but oh well.
What's the use of replacing something with something low quality??? Poly count wouldn't matter then anyway...
As mentioned before I am aware that the making of weapons for 3d is over with
As long as the old guns are imbalanced then yes.
but are more costumes/armor suggestions still open?
More costumes/armor can always be added later on. Post your suggestion in the "New armor/clothing suggestions" thread.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1982 on: July 25, 2011, 12:35:10 am »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #1983 on: July 25, 2011, 12:40:28 am »
Very nice work.

Indeed, but it doesn't look "postapocalyptic" at all , rather medieval.

« Reply #1984 on: July 25, 2011, 01:04:59 am »

Design Folaut art more surreal than the post apocalyptic.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1985 on: July 25, 2011, 01:32:43 am »
I notice you have an "arms down" position on the models - don't suppose you can do skeleton rigging and animation stuff, can you? There's a lot of that which needs doing at some point.

[edit]

Even so, I think the shape make a good 'generic dress' - maybe cover up a bit more chest on it, but a few different textures in traditional wasteland colours* on it would give a good range of alternative female clothing.

* Like brown, yellowy-brown, reddy-brown, very brown, slightly brown ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 01:36:46 am by Luther Blissett »

« Reply #1986 on: July 25, 2011, 01:26:25 pm »
Some dirt and damage on the clothing and it should be perfectly fine I think nice work there White Tiger.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #1987 on: July 25, 2011, 05:16:33 pm »
True Jostisz, that's what I meant. :)

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1988 on: July 25, 2011, 06:53:11 pm »
also for the note, we will have 2D spites for the inventory icons
if we can't use the original ones, we will modify the existing ones/ create new ones

« Reply #1989 on: July 30, 2011, 04:09:10 pm »

Miss Wong's back. Still very WIP. Made on Asian skin + pale skin in top right. Even tatoo goes pale, but I think it's better and more "realistic". They tend to lose some colour on lighter skins and therefore it looks kinda different.
Still, I'm not too happy with the outcome :-/ One arm left to do and I'm going to try my skills on front. Male tatoos were so easy, compared to that.

+little face comparison. Pale vs. normal, as I was lazy enough to not change it :P

No idea if it looks better really, but I think more "neutral". You won't see much difference from distance anyway.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:21:11 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 30, 2011, 04:20:30 pm »
Thongs for that skin and we got stripper or whore :D
Nice work.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1991 on: July 30, 2011, 07:41:53 pm »
Well, that looks pretty cool already.

One thing that I didn't understood, is why it is more difficult to texture it, than the male model? They have almost the same UV and they and in general they look alike.

« Reply #1992 on: July 31, 2011, 09:52:29 pm »
Well, that looks pretty cool already.

One thing that I didn't understood, is why it is more difficult to texture it, than the male model? They have almost the same UV and they and in general they look alike.

Harder to find proper female Irezumi patterns :D Was totally easy for male.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #1993 on: August 01, 2011, 02:12:25 am »
Quote from: Smart Cheetah
No idea if it looks better really, but I think more "neutral". You won't see much difference from distance anyway.

It indeed looks good, but it's way too small to be recognizable as "tattoos" in the standard zoom - there it looks as if that particular person just have bruises or didn't wash for quite some time. All details should be optimized so that they look recognizable on the standard 100% zoom.

« Reply #1994 on: August 01, 2011, 08:35:44 am »
I think the blured look is only there thanks to the picture format I think in png or some better format the tattoos would be visible though I could be wrong hope not cause they look good.