Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611842 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1920 on: July 15, 2011, 06:08:48 pm »
I never really thought that the new 3D APA looked right anyways. It just doesn't match up in general.
It might be because I do believe it was modeled after the talking heads not the character sprite. Let's say this is APA MKII.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1921 on: July 15, 2011, 06:51:21 pm »
Finished remapping UVs on Jotisz's models from here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9990X89W

NACHLD, NMBRLP, NMMEXI, NMNICE, NMOLDD

Need double checking by someone, but think they're all about right.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1922 on: July 15, 2011, 09:52:28 pm »
It might be because I do believe it was modeled after the talking heads not the character sprite. Let's say this is APA MKII.
My guess it'd be some sort of officer model, as you're right so with talking heads (and main menu as well), however sprite uses quite different model (shoulderpads namely) as well as original concept art.

Intro movie seems to use same model as sprite does. It could be explained that they wanted head to be better visible for talking animations. But even so the model seems quite different to F2 stuff and more close to NV.

In any way whether you talk about TH or 3rd Person model, they still both are supposed to be bulkier than NV version, as you can see here:
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Enclavetrooper.gif
the metal part forming up probably a sleeve wouldn't much sleeves on NV model in their size
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/File:RemnantsPowerArmor.png
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Gray

« Reply #1923 on: July 16, 2011, 02:21:46 am »
It might be because I do believe it was modeled after the talking heads not the character sprite.
Confirmed this. It was made after the talking heads and CD covers. Sprite was just a rough guide.

New one is pretty good, much better then my one, but it will have some troubles with arms animation. The pauldrons are too low.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1924 on: July 16, 2011, 11:43:52 am »
I actually checked out the .ru forum and got to say the texture ain't that bad, it actually looks very good.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #1925 on: July 16, 2011, 10:23:07 pm »
I don't know if the Enclave Combat armor's inventory icon is the final version, but it looks bit strange (the color is somehow "flat"):

So I tried to make something bit different:

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1926 on: July 16, 2011, 11:39:39 pm »
You need to add that enclave insignia, otherwise you got just black BA
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #1927 on: July 17, 2011, 04:12:57 am »
You need to add that enclave insignia, otherwise you got just black BA

Should it be the "E" logo as in the current one, or USA flag like in the model?
http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/File:ECAM_SW.png

« Reply #1928 on: July 17, 2011, 11:27:25 am »
I would prefer the E there but I think both would look good still looking at the texture I think it must be the flag except if someone changes the texture for the armor.

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #1929 on: July 17, 2011, 02:43:45 pm »
Well, I came up with these. I didn't get the flag any better, but I'm pretty happy with the result myself.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1930 on: July 17, 2011, 03:17:53 pm »
I wonder why the model has that flag on it - it looks rather bad with the model.

« Reply #1931 on: July 17, 2011, 06:22:44 pm »
I wonder why the model has that flag on it - it looks rather bad with the model.
I told them that "E" insignia fits better to Enclave forces but for some reason they've sticked to flag and more "cop-like" colour. No devs word on that but it's pretty easy to change. ;)
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1932 on: July 18, 2011, 10:08:26 am »
Hmm... checked the misc item tracker and saw stuff like improved capacitor battery etc. and thought:
We could cut off stuff like the battery from the super cattle prod, laser sight from the FN FAL (night sight) etc. Comments?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1933 on: July 18, 2011, 10:39:41 am »
We could cut off stuff like the battery from the super cattle prod, laser sight from the FN FAL (night sight) etc.

Yes, definitely. White Tiger told me a while ago that he want to do it. I've sent him all models already. Let's see what he will come with.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 09:43:58 am by Graf »

« Reply #1934 on: July 18, 2011, 06:37:31 pm »
Nothing really special, but first glimpse at female new face(I think I achieved "better" and more neutral look from the distance) plus played with breasts(Daaamn hard to make 'em properly >.<)

As you can see - It's hard to tell anything about her...chest from the distance atm.
I might burn it more, so the texture itself will look little messy, but you'll be able to see breasts in "default" zoom level. I used this technique with male skin tone muscles to make them more like original. What do you guys&gals think?

Next thing will be tattoos. Making all skin tones isn't really a problem, as I'm using predefined colours(Which fit male skin tones) and it's pretty easy and fast to do. Tattoos will be worse, especially because I lack good Irezumi patterns (There are plenty of tribal ones on net) - so if anyone want to help me with tatooing those lasses - drop Irezumi/interesting tribal patterns on my PM. I don't want photos with tattooed people - just patterns. Oh, and ideas are welcome as well.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!