Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 612389 times)

Offline Luther Blissett

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1905 on: July 12, 2011, 02:35:27 pm »
Do you need it in .x, or can you work with obj/3ds etc?

« Reply #1906 on: July 12, 2011, 02:53:47 pm »
Only .x .fx because those are only supported formats in DXViewer as far as I know. :<
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1907 on: July 12, 2011, 03:16:34 pm »
I've packaged and sent that to you.

« Reply #1908 on: July 12, 2011, 03:18:50 pm »
I've packaged and sent that to you.
Great thanks! 'gonna check it out when I'll come back home.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1909 on: July 12, 2011, 03:42:38 pm »
Aye, but sometimes it's better to waste memory, than to add some conditional logic (if I understood you correctly). Anyway, are you experimenting a bit with shaders here?
The way modelers would like it would be probably if they did not have to bother at all unless they specificaly wanted the stuff.
I've got little idea how to correctly work in HLSL (all my previous efforts were always in GLSL, though the idea is really the same), however there's no rocket science here. Fallout needs just good phong lighting imitation and several additional effects like stealth boy invisibility (which would be fairly simple).

I'm sure I can just get something ready, so that people who can do nice stuff can play with it already and be prepared whhen it recieves full support by engine (by that I mean required variables sent by application and read from files, so that artists can choose their own parameters where required).

I think it'd be the most interesting on texture where all efforts to keep it similar to sprites failed ( like metal armors ).
IMO, this looks horrible. It's better to see 3D model nice detailed than this sprite:( It's not orginal sprite and it's not good.
Models are fairly detailed, though for example VB had better detailed heads (might post some comparion), this is fairly enough to look great at 1:1 zoom. It's somewhat unfair to compare low-poly vertex-shaded models to original sprites rendered by at the time slow methods. However since we can afford those methods on fairly arbitary hardware nowdays, it's just matter of time and effort to make it look good enough for everyone.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1910 on: July 12, 2011, 10:05:45 pm »
Some of the latest suff from me:

m202a1

New model, which wasn't in F1/F2 (obviously). Made it to fill the gap - impossibility to shoot more than a single rocket in a row. Not sure if it would be implemented in the game though. It's all up to devs to decide.

Download link

Poison

Download link

Rusty knife

This models was cut from the final version of F1 and now gets a second life in 3D.
Download link

Sandbag

Dwonload link

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #1911 on: July 12, 2011, 10:14:19 pm »
Hmm, maybe if the shot will cost 12AP it could shot 2 rockets.
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #1912 on: July 12, 2011, 10:34:49 pm »
That's funny, because a character can only have 10 normal ap maximum. Everything else can only be achieved with drugs and stuff.

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #1913 on: July 12, 2011, 10:55:07 pm »
Hmm, if You tryin to say that two extra Action Boy isnt a good idea then maybe single shot should take 10AP as max avaible without drugs and stuff.
In same way Piercing Kick (which takes 9AP) should be reworked to allow 10AP alt to kick in eyes.

My idea about 12AP for single shot came from 2x single shot with BRoF (which cost 6AP x2).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 10:56:38 pm by DocAN. »
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1914 on: July 12, 2011, 11:26:18 pm »
That's funny, because a character can only have 10 normal ap maximum. Everything else can only be achieved with drugs and stuff.
You could just look on the way you stiched people in Tactics :d. However that'd be abit weird for shooting stuff.
"This is your forum."

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1915 on: July 13, 2011, 10:13:42 am »
Hmm, maybe if the shot will cost 12AP it could shot 2 rockets.

I personally think, that it should cost 6-7 AP for each shot, since there's no need (and ability) to shoot 2 rockets simultaneously. As for the downside this weapon can have a little lowered damage.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1916 on: July 13, 2011, 11:23:32 am »

Graf, you might want to add these pictures in the armor tracker.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1917 on: July 15, 2011, 03:54:08 pm »
We now have two models of APA. First is the one made by Gray, and the second is made by Darin from NMA. He kindly provided all necessary files and permission to use and modify it. But since it was a was too high-poly to fit our needs (~40k tris), it was optimized by this guy from fonline.ru and now it have about 1500 tris. He also made a texture for it, but it seems that nobody likes it, so I suggest to make a new texture for it.

Download link

Once the texture is finished, I suppose it could be used as APA mk1 model and another model will be APA mk2.

Graf, you might want to add these pictures in the armor tracker.

Ok, done. Thanks.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1918 on: July 15, 2011, 04:19:11 pm »
I think that problem with APA in SDK is it not matching the sprite very well. I've had some problems with groin and shoulderpads mismatching quite a lot, and maybe helmet being way too big.
Texture was quite ok, but a bit too grainy and bright I suppose.

When you're on model just be sure helmet is nearly covered by body armor from back, because it seems this is how it was supposed to look, and everything else just seems wrong.
EDIT: just for comparsion, note that while you'd control how shiny is the result, weird normals would be still problem, and thus if any reflection forms wrong, it is wrong and would not be easy to fix by masking it.

vs
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:33:56 pm by Johnnybravo »
"This is your forum."

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1919 on: July 15, 2011, 04:58:54 pm »
I never really thought that the new 3D APA looked right anyways. It just doesn't match up in general.