Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611841 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1815 on: June 22, 2011, 07:16:22 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?o5c732u4n18xbnw

More texture, not included in the archive
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:21:25 pm by White tiger »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1816 on: June 22, 2011, 07:59:25 pm »
Huh, never noticed rockets have colored warheads :>.
Nice job, though it coulb a little darker.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #1817 on: June 23, 2011, 12:03:46 am »
so, later than I wished for (been quite busy at work), I made a slight progress with the super mutant:

I unfolded the UV's for the legs and arms, although I think it is still pending to make a more seamless UV layout (although I guess the common pants of the supermutants help to hide the ones from the hip, the same goes for the protective piece for the shoulder, but nevertheless I guess it should be much better), here is a sample:

actual texture:

render with a higher definition texture (1024 x 1024)

and in the following link you can download the .obj, the texture used, and the .psd of that texture creation in photoshop so anyone can improve it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lifyz7dz93j9yd9

Offline zamp

• Huff 'n puff all you want I ain't falling.
« Reply #1818 on: June 23, 2011, 01:06:56 am »
Nice mutie, although I edited it a bit. (Also optimized it, dropped poly count to 1040)
Here's my version of the UV mapping

Download

Also here's your uv map. I highlighted areas where you're going to have errors/problems where the UV map overlaps itself and texture gets inverted in some polys or you have too small area for a poly and end up stretching one pixel over a fairly large area (with the low resolution texture)
Dashed area is a maybe zone where you might or might not have a problem

« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:18:22 am by zamp »

« Reply #1819 on: June 23, 2011, 01:18:01 am »
I think it looks great now!!

Offline zamp

« Reply #1820 on: June 23, 2011, 01:21:14 am »
Also there were some errors in the model itself, most polys were smooth shaded, others hard and a few polys/vertices had their normals inverted

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1821 on: June 23, 2011, 03:21:02 am »
Do you think it's possible to align the supermutant UV with the original human UV (like I've started doing on the dwarf guy)? If we can get as many as possible of the models to work from the same base textures, then it will make it much easier to produce armours and clothing for all models (i.e. one texture can easily be tweaked to fit each body type).

Of course, the supermutant is quite different from the humans, and I'm not sure if he'd be sharing any of the clothing and armours, or whether he'd have his own entirely different sets - so may not really be an issue in this case, but you would have a base of trousers / shirts / shoes / gloves etc to work from.

[edit] I have finished redoing the UV map for the dwarf, so any existing human texture will pretty much work with it (though some belts and lines may need adjusting). I've sent it to be checked over. If it's fine, I'll upload it in here.

[edit2] Same as above with the "fat man" UV map.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:33:01 pm by Luther Blissett »

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #1822 on: June 23, 2011, 03:43:52 pm »
I made a small edit on the colors of the super mutant texture. I think it was bit too greenish. However, I have no idea what this really looks like when applied as a texture on the model.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/190/supermutantuvhdcolormod.jpg/

If someone is interested in trying it on the model, here is the .zip file containing the pic above and the .psd file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lpm88qanil4x388

Offline zamp

« Reply #1823 on: June 23, 2011, 05:06:27 pm »
Do you think it's possible to align the supermutant UV with the original human UV (like I've started doing on the dwarf guy)? If we can get as many as possible of the models to work from the same base textures, then it will make it much easier to produce armours and clothing for all models (i.e. one texture can easily be tweaked to fit each body type).

How so? The armors have different UV maps altogether and who says we cant just stretch the model to fit over another bodytype? There's no point in modifying existing UV mapping.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1824 on: June 24, 2011, 03:04:28 am »
Sorry - long message - I'll try to explain why I think it would be useful (please feel free to disagree) :

Firstly - for the armour models (i.e. coat, armour etc) - yes, you're right - they just need stretching over the different bodies, and keep the same texture. They don't need the UVs adjusting at all. That's fine the way we're doing it already.

I'm referring to the texture underneath on the base model - the legs, shirt, sleeves or anything else which isn't covered by the armour model, this is what I'm trying to make easier.

They're all made by moving parts around from the same original model - so all the vertices on the UV map can be lined up as with the original model. As I said, it might not need doing so much for the supermutant, as the supermutant armours and textures are likely to be considerably different from those worn by normal sized humans - but still, it would be much easier to use an existing texture as a starting point to work from, rather than painting an entirely new texture from nothing.

For example, if you pick the "human in underpants" texture, tint the skin green, adjust the face, add extra highlight to the muscles, then apply the skin patterning which is shown a few posts above, then you have a supermutant base texture. If the supermutant needs to wear trousers or a vest, you can copy one from a human model, paste it on, then adjust it until it's right. If at some point in the future, people want a wider range of armours for the supermutant, this can be done quickly by adjusting existing textures, rather than painting an entirely new texture every time.

These are the textures for the male and female suit underclothes :

The red braces on the shirt needed to be moved, the highlighting needed to be changed on the arms, legs and torso, but the majority of the texture was copied across from the male suit and the base female texture.

Further to this, I've adjusted the UV maps of the dwarf and fat man so far (they're just waiting to be checked by the 3D experts before posting & uploading), so they line up with the original human. This means that half of these human textures can easily be transferred to the other models, with no extra work. I plan on doing the same for the junkie, strong man, ghoul etc. Some of them need adjusting slightly (i.e. red braces on suit model on fat man) - but with no more work than making the female version. When someone paints the blue overalls for the dwarf, we can quickly have blue overalls for all other human types, and when someone paints Vic's clothes for the fat man, we can quickly have the same clothes for the others.

If we then produce all the variations in armour shape like this :

Then we have a full set of armours for all types.

As said previously, perhaps the supermutant is exempt from this, because of wearing different armours and clothing to the other models, but I still think it would make things much easier than completely redrawing several copies of the same texture, so it fitted the completely different UV maps as below i.e drawing every shirt, face, leg, arm etc etc in 7 different positions, in 7 different shapes :

So, though it's not essential, if we do the same with the supermutant texture, we can copy brown supermutant trousers to the other humans, or copy blue jeans to the supermutant, or copy vest / shirts / armour underclothes between them etc etc. They would probably need small changes to fit properly, but this would still be much less work than manually drawing every single one.

Anyway, hope that all made sense. If you agree that it would be useful, I can try and redo the supermutant UV next (unless you want to do it), so you can produce the base skin texture for him. If you're sure it wouldn't be of any use for this to be done, then I'll miss the supermutant out and just do the humans and ghoul.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 03:09:51 am by Luther Blissett »

« Reply #1825 on: June 24, 2011, 04:33:21 am »
I made a small edit on the colors of the super mutant texture. I think it was bit too greenish. However, I have no idea what this really looks like when applied as a texture on the model.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/190/supermutantuvhdcolormod.jpg/

If someone is interested in trying it on the model, here is the .zip file containing the pic above and the .psd file.
http://www.mediafire.com/?lpm88qanil4x388

I loved the color variations, I had actually overlooked the color myself, thanks for the tweak ;)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1826 on: June 24, 2011, 01:56:05 pm »
Here goes the latest progress of yesterday and today.

Deck of cards

Deck of marked cards

Deck of "Tragic" cards

Scheme

Train Ticket

Download link

I didn't succeeded with making a texture for the scheme, so if anyone wants to improve it, I would appreciate any help.

« Reply #1827 on: June 24, 2011, 04:52:05 pm »
The deck of cards logo in fallout 2 is actually a brand of hog lard. Why they did it? I guess nobody will ever know.
20:49:58 • You encounter: Ghoul crazies.
20:50:01 • You were critically hit in the head for 55 hit points, knocked out and had your armor bypassed.

« Reply #1828 on: July 04, 2011, 12:27:22 pm »
Again, great work on those new models Graf and i really like the rockets @white tiger :)..

Here's some little update from my side:

Day Pass

Download Link

Offline KatzSmile

• Kittyloaf
    • Lead Games
« Reply #1829 on: July 05, 2011, 10:15:02 am »
Dogtag

76 poly

Download link

Gold Coins