Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611707 times)

Offline Gob

• The Good
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1800 on: June 14, 2011, 06:57:27 pm »
I made the Holotape.
Polycount 12
To who do I have to give it?

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:08:21 pm by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1801 on: June 14, 2011, 07:10:08 pm »
Uhh... Maybe let's start with making a proper texture? Where is the side and rear texture? Also, polycount is not 6, it's 12. We need triangular polies, not rectangular. Ussually we just uplaod our models and post them in this thread, but if you want it privately send it to Graf.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #1802 on: June 14, 2011, 07:32:21 pm »
Uhh... Maybe let's start with making a proper texture? Where is the side and rear texture? Also, polycount is not 6, it's 12. We need triangular polies, not rectangular. Ussually we just uplaod our models and post them in this thread, but if you want it privately send it to Graf.

I don't belive it will make a difference at normal zoom . Not even at 200.

EDIT: I will retexture and then give it to Graf.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:18:38 am by Gob »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1803 on: June 16, 2011, 10:53:08 am »
А friend of mine did a model of the fuel cell regulator, and I've made a texture for it.

Download link
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 10:55:36 am by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1804 on: June 16, 2011, 11:39:17 am »
Looks fine, good job.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1805 on: June 20, 2011, 02:45:42 pm »
Made a scorpion tail, but it came out a very high-poly comparing to the other misc. models.
And I have no idea how to optimize the model that have so many shapes. So if someone would optimize this model, it will appreciate it.

Download link

UPDATE: Here comes a model of the electronic parts, made by this guy from fonline.ru

Download link

UPDATE (20.06.2011) Jimmy Hats

Download link

Empty Jet Canister

Download link
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:09:58 pm by Graf »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1806 on: June 20, 2011, 05:50:36 pm »
awesome Earl!!!!!!

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #1807 on: June 21, 2011, 10:45:59 am »
I am pretty sure, Jimmy Hats is too detailed for it's object size. :>

« Reply #1808 on: June 21, 2011, 11:32:36 am »
Could be a simple plane no need for width but it looks nice with the electronic parts the nice texture makes the three cylinder (resistor/battery) look a bit bad that way they could use a texture otherwise its nice too. Btw I downloaded the tail and tried to make it a bit lower poly from 368 i made it 262 with some shape change and 298 without change of the shape

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1809 on: June 21, 2011, 01:15:53 pm »
I am pretty sure, Jimmy Hats is too detailed for it's object size. :>

Yes, you're absolutely right. This model could have 12 tris, but I've decided to add some more shapes in order to give it some more aesthetics. Moreover, it's a pretty rare object, so I don't think it need a lower polycount. But if you insist, I can make an extremely low-poly model of the Jimmy's. 

i made it 262 with some shape change and 298 without change of the shape

How did you done this? :) Thank you so much for help, Jotisz! Do you mind to send it to me?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1810 on: June 21, 2011, 01:53:10 pm »
Yes, you're absolutely right. This model could have 12 tris, but I've decided to add some more shapes in order to give it some more aesthetics. Moreover, it's a pretty rare object, so I don't think it need a lower polycount. But if you insist, I can make an extremely low-poly model of the Jimmy's. 
they are not that rare, ask the slavers

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1811 on: June 21, 2011, 06:45:03 pm »
Jotisz, I would like to try and adjust the UV maps on some of the new bodytypes, to try and make them align with the existing human UV maps as far as possible, so to do the "underclothes" for the armours would be a case of adjusting the texture (like we currently do between male and female models), rather than redrawing the entire clothing for each one.

I've got one model (the hooded ragged coat) to finish adjusting for female first, but would like to try and do this UV adjustment next (during this week, I think). As far as I'm aware, we don't have any finished underclothes for any of these new models yet, so hopefully it wouldn't make any existing work invalid.

I have no guarantee I'll be able to do it, but would like to try, if it was okay with you?

[edit] I have started a test UV realignment on the dwarf. I have only done the front of the face and some of the front of the torso so far, but hopefully you can see that it looks like it should work.

So with your permission, I'll finish this one, then try to do the same with the other body types. If it works, it will save hundreds of hours in converting existing models to all body types, and obviously make the process for future models much easier.

[edit2] I was in the frame of mind to sit moving dots around, so did a bit more on it :

It needs tweaking quite a lot still. Quite a bit needs doing on the arms, and a little on the head, but the rest of it's there pretty much. Maybe adjust it further to minimise stretching in places.

Anyway, to me that looks like it's working. It also looks like quite a few of the clothing textures would actually work without even needing tweaking - though some of them definitely would a little - but I think much easier to redraw a belt, rather than redraw the entire texture.

Anyway, if you're happy for me to carry on with this, then do the same to some of the other models, I would happily do so.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:52:52 am by Luther Blissett »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1812 on: June 22, 2011, 02:44:26 pm »
Recent progress from yesterday and today's.

Heart Pills

Clipboard

Account book

Fibers

Download link
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 06:06:50 pm by Graf »

« Reply #1813 on: June 22, 2011, 04:34:09 pm »
Luther you are free to do anything with the models that I made and I'm glad someone started working on he UVs good luck to it it looks quite good that midget starts to look cool.

Graf here is a download link for the tail 262 poly its in triangles.
Your model was complex but it was because each part of the tail was separate I joined them in one then merged some vertex at some places.
http://www.2shared.com/file/gqRuIKri/tail.html

About the new ones they are ok maybe I would add some kind of text on the account book so it doesn't look plain but its ok.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1814 on: June 22, 2011, 05:09:42 pm »
Excellent. I think someone may need to make a proper skin texture for these, but this should be much easier if they can use the existing human texture as a base.

I'll try and finish off dwarf, then do junkie, fat man etc