Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 612333 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1770 on: June 09, 2011, 11:24:15 am »
Also, found out that my LA MKII is still signed as PENDING, What's the matter with that?

It's ok. Pending in this case only means, that it isn't uploaded to the 3D repository yet (It totally depends on Karpov, not me) These, which are marked as uploaded, can be downloaded from the repository. I guess, I have to do the same thing with the weapons tracker.

And... here goes the models, which needs to be reshaped too.

Armor name                   |      Models, which needs to be done (reshaped)

Advanced Power Armor    |    fat dude, junkie, ghoul, super-strong dude
Combat Armor                |  fat dude, junkie, ghoul, super-strong dude
Elegant Suit                    | All except strong male
Environmental Armor       | fat dude, junkie, ghoul, super-strong dude
Gunsmith Outfit              | All except strong male
Leather Armor                | dwarf, fat dude, junkie, ghoul, super-strong dude
Leather Jacket                | dwarf, fat dude, junkie, ghoul, super-strong dude
Metal Armor                   | fat dude, junkie, ghoul, super-strong dude
NCR Veteran Ranger      | dwarf, fat dude, junkie, ghoul, super-strong dude
Power Armor                 | fat dude, junkie, ghoul, super-strong dude
Robes                          | All except female

Models of all bodytypes: http://www.mediafire.com/?4456s10ogt0tv4y
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:47:13 pm by Graf »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1771 on: June 09, 2011, 01:21:46 pm »
Models of all bodytypes: http://www.mediafire.com/?4456s10ogt0tv4y
this includes the super mutant and ghoul models? a ghoul armor for ghoul race will be awesome, same for super mutants

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1772 on: June 09, 2011, 01:24:36 pm »
this includes the super mutant and ghoul models? a ghoul armor for ghoul race will be awesome, same for super mutants
As far as I know ghoul uses the junkie model and a separate ghoul skin.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #1773 on: June 09, 2011, 01:37:20 pm »
And various own animations. Beside this, it's the same, yes.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1774 on: June 09, 2011, 02:00:28 pm »

This includes following models:
1. Hero male
2. Hero female
3. Ghoul
4. Junkie
5. Dwarf
6. Fat male
7. Bouncer (that's pretty similar to the hero male, just bigger)

So, no SM model yet. I don't know if Jotisz had finished it.

As far as I know ghoul uses the junkie model and a separate ghoul skin.

Not really, it uses separate model, texture and animations. Though, it probably can use it, if necessary.

It would be great to have a child model too, by the way.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 02:03:25 pm by Graf »

« Reply #1775 on: June 09, 2011, 02:28:20 pm »
It was done but I had a little failure when I posted the bodies looks like I only packed in the rar the uv map for the supermutant anyway I uploaded the body set again now nothing is missing I hope...
This pack contains all model in obj + a blend file with a scene setup that can be used to check how the char would look. (Uv maps still has problem with hands didn't have time to correct them)
http://www.2shared.com/file/8MIDjdeY/body_types.html
Btw looks like things are getting fast there are a lot of new models I see (misc items, gecko, ranger armor....)
As I see two body type isn't made yet the children and the generic male (the one that used for peasants, farmers) will try to do something about this. About the armors I'm not sure if making power armors in all size is good but for the others it will look awesome.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1776 on: June 09, 2011, 02:56:27 pm »
Awesome, Jotisz  :) Thank you for the SM.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1777 on: June 09, 2011, 04:20:28 pm »
awesome!!!! we shoud make a topic on the forum with the models that we have, probably some sort of format like this:

dwarf    hero m   hero f  faty   junky/ghoul   kid m    kid f   adolecent(Myron)    farmer m   farmer f   Super Mutant

or something like that

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1778 on: June 09, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »
Dwarves cannot use power armors, unless Enclave recruited them for whatever reason (they're only faction capable of building armors).
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1779 on: June 09, 2011, 08:43:41 pm »
we shoud make a topic on the forum with the models that we have, probably some sort of format like this

Nah, I'd better make a new category on the armors tracker with other races. That would be much more convenient for everyone.

Dwarves cannot use power armors, unless Enclave recruited them for whatever reason (they're only faction capable of building armors).

Sure. I think they will be only able to carry some light armor at their best. But it doesn't really matter, because they wouldn't be a playable race (most likely).
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:45:30 pm by Graf »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #1780 on: June 09, 2011, 08:48:07 pm »
They aren't even a "race", just human widgets. There are no "dwarves" in Fallout.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1781 on: June 09, 2011, 08:51:47 pm »
Indeed they are humans. I call them a "race", because this way it is more convenient to differ them from other. You can call them "bodytype" or whatever, it doesn't change anything. The same way I will call "weak peasants" or "junkies" a separate race, while they are all humans. It's just my way to regularize them.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:54:02 pm by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1782 on: June 09, 2011, 09:46:04 pm »
Link to all body type models seems dead - after pressing "Download" FireFox says the server is not responding or something like that.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1783 on: June 09, 2011, 09:54:38 pm »

« Reply #1784 on: June 10, 2011, 10:34:28 pm »
I downloaded the super mutant: I tweaked some points, triangulated everything, and re set the UV's to seize more the jpg and make it more easy to paint, although i am not entirely sure if this will be the final one, since the seams are quite noticeable in some areas, maybe I will lay down the UV's in a different way

Here is a .rar with the .obj, a base sample texture (and a .psd of that texture creation so anyone can improve it ;)):
http://www.mediafire.com/?c7ayet5t0795z32

Here is a sample of the base texture with simple ilumination

And a sample of the reorginization of the UVs