Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611699 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1755 on: June 06, 2011, 02:50:29 pm »
That doesn't look like Fallout 1 concept art. :p

Offline Gray

« Reply #1756 on: June 06, 2011, 03:16:43 pm »
One question: Should the laser rifle be held as a standard rifle?
Yes, of course. As well as pulse rifle.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1757 on: June 06, 2011, 03:17:36 pm »
anyway you look at it, the laser rifle must have rifle animation, same as a sniper rifle, but in this case we will need the LSW,M60 and flamer have this type of animation type. Don't you think?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1758 on: June 06, 2011, 04:04:43 pm »
That doesn't look like Fallout 1 concept art. :p

Well, maybe it isn't a concept art, but still it was taken from the game. Check this for the proof-link. Most likely, it was taken from some in-game video.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #1759 on: June 07, 2011, 11:39:28 am »
Can't be from Fallout 1 or 2. Never ever saw this not in the game and not in the files. Maybe it's from POS or some wiki user made it by himself and added it with "it's original!"

/Edit: Mystery solved. It's a fan made image and nothing official.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:40:27 pm by Lexx »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1760 on: June 07, 2011, 11:58:32 am »
Really disliked the sledgehammer on the wiki, so I made my own.

Polycount is 76 I think, not sure tho.

Download link:
http://www.2shared.com/file/nJQPeh3W/Sledge_Hammer.html [Not working]
http://www.2shared.com/file/CRKwFvIx/Sledge_Hammer.html [Corrected!]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:02:58 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1761 on: June 07, 2011, 01:01:39 pm »

Polycount is 76 I think, not sure tho.

Download link: http://www.2shared.com/file/nJQPeh3W/Sledge_Hammer.html
Hey, nice hammer!
But how can you be unsure about polycount?!  It's not a weather forecast, isn't it? ;D
I can't open your model, cause .obj file has only 55 bytes, and the mesh itself is obviously in the .wings file that I cant import into 3dsmax. Can you please update it properly?
Regarding texture - yepp, it's definitely much nicer than wiki's one, but for me is a bit "dirty" and can be improved :) Keep it up!

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1762 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47:03 pm »
Woah, you are right, it doesn't open the .obj file. 1 second... There! http://www.2shared.com/file/CRKwFvIx/Sledge_Hammer.html

Also, it might need proper scaling and stuff, maybe even the handle might be too small etc etc.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1763 on: June 07, 2011, 02:41:18 pm »
Woah, you are right, it doesn't open the .obj file. 1 second... There! http://www.2shared.com/file/CRKwFvIx/Sledge_Hammer.html

Also, it might need proper scaling and stuff, maybe even the handle might be too small etc etc.
Thanks, now it opens. 84 triangles :)
Also, I think that lower part of the handle is unnecessary - you could save up to 28 tris by removing it :)

Offline zamp

• Huff 'n puff all you want I ain't falling.
« Reply #1764 on: June 07, 2011, 02:47:35 pm »
Also, I think that lower part of the handle is unnecessary - you could save up to 28 tris by removing it :)

76 tris is just fine for a weapon anyways. No need to remove :)

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1765 on: June 07, 2011, 06:47:39 pm »
Thanks, now it opens. 84 triangles :)
I was un-sure because Wings3D shows only face, edge and vert count. As we all know, not always faces are triangular, so the face count is always invalid (becuase I extremely rarely use triangular faces). Vert count is also invalid, because it just seems to be edge count divided by 2. However, I recently found out the edge count is the most accurate, sometimes it is exactly the same as triangular face count, sometimes (like in this case) it's a little innacurate.

I will not remove the lower part handle thingy - it's easier to texture it and maybe in a 400% zoom you will be able to see it.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1766 on: June 07, 2011, 07:09:22 pm »

Funny, but yesterday I was checking the models that aren't good enough and thought that it would be good to retexture it. So I did.

But anyway, your model seems to be better, so it would be used instead of this one.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1767 on: June 07, 2011, 08:15:03 pm »
Glad to be of service :)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1768 on: June 09, 2011, 09:00:03 am »
Another great contribution from mr. Bones :) Reshaped Ranger Armor for each type of model we have so far.

Download link.

Now, it's time to move further, and make the same thing for each other model we have done. I'll put armors here, so anyone can try himself in it.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 09:02:29 am by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1769 on: June 09, 2011, 10:40:42 am »
Woah, that looks great! Mind if you update the armor tracker a bit  ;D
Also, found out that my LA MKII is still signed as PENDING, What's the matter with that?