Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611708 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1515 on: May 08, 2011, 09:32:05 am »
Found in internet much better image for texture.

Meh, if I had to stuff it in 128x128 and I would do a 400% zoom in in-game, it still would look like crap, I guess :-\ Great find nonetheless :P

@Graf, I suppose the SEC isn't accepted due to it's polycount. Still searching for ways to make it more low-poly. Also, you added quite much stuff from Fallout Tactics, didn't you?  ::)

EDIT: Flamethrower fuel and flamer fuel MKII has wrong icons.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:57:41 am by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1516 on: May 08, 2011, 09:59:25 am »
Matel armor mk1 is here again hope its better now there are some that needs a bit more love but overall I think it should be ok.

About the miscellaneous items I have to tip my hat to all who makes them they look pretty good.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1517 on: May 08, 2011, 10:08:31 am »
@Graf, I suppose the SEC isn't accepted due to it's polycount. Still searching for ways to make it more low-poly.
Yep. Just try to reduce polycount to 50 or so.

Also, you added quite much stuff from Fallout Tactics, didn't you?  ::)
Well, not much, maybe 5-8 items, which could be useful in Fonline 2238 and only if they have a nice inventory icons. Btw, we already have quite a lot of items, that only appeared in Tactics, so adding few more wouldn't change anything.

Matel armor mk1 is here again hope its better now there are some that needs a bit more love but overall I think it should be ok.
Looks good. Please send me a link once everything is done.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1518 on: May 08, 2011, 11:03:48 am »
i think there is a problem with the resources(metal parts, alloys etc)
we can't make them with low poly OR alpha channel

there resourses shoud pe keept in some sort of bag.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1519 on: May 08, 2011, 11:13:57 am »

About the miscellaneous items I have to tip my hat to all who makes them they look pretty good.
Make the spikes dark, they are almost if not absolutely black in the inventory picture.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1520 on: May 08, 2011, 11:43:13 am »
i think there is a problem with the resources(metal parts, alloys etc)
I see no problem there. Take a look at the pile of wood - that's how it should look like.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 11:45:26 am by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1521 on: May 08, 2011, 12:08:05 pm »
Holy crap, the SEC can't be optimized ??? I don't even get it, how the heck did I make an un-optimizable model.  :-\

« Reply #1522 on: May 08, 2011, 02:26:32 pm »
Nuka-Cola: Cherry, Fusion, Yellow.

3dsmax7: https://rapidshare.com/files/461290053/nukacolas3d.rar
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 02:30:40 pm by Mr_Gazo »
Help us to keep Jagged Alliance as a turn-based game!
Please sign the petition! http://www.petitiononline.com/ja2r/petition.html

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1523 on: May 08, 2011, 03:33:57 pm »
now that we got all the weapons(exept phazer) let's focus on the armors so we can have a playeble game, ok?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1524 on: May 08, 2011, 03:48:35 pm »
now that we got all the weapons(exept phazer) let's focus on the armors so we can have a playeble game, ok?
Nah, in my opinion, miscellaneous items should be the next to finish. Concerning armors - almost all of them already completed, they just need some tweaks.

P.S.
Next : Phazer (if you dont mind) ;)

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1525 on: May 08, 2011, 04:24:47 pm »
Phazer is a special encounter weapon from Fallout 2 which is highly based on pop-cultural refernences, do we really need it? Lexx has said he is absolutely against pop-culture references in FOnline.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1526 on: May 08, 2011, 04:31:20 pm »
Phazer is a special encounter weapon from Fallout 2 which is highly based on pop-cultural refernences, do we really need it? Lexx has said he is absolutely against pop-culture references in FOnline.
Solar Scorcher, Zip Gun and the Holy Grenade is a special-encounter weapons as well. But it changes nothing. If someone will make, it would be good. If not, well, we wouldn't loose anything.

Also, a lot of other items has a pop-cultural references, but they are still in-game. In fact, the whole F2 is a cultural reference of a different decades of 20th century.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1527 on: May 08, 2011, 05:48:57 pm »
ok, well anyway, let's first do the armors so we can have  aplayeble game and after do the misc and the new updates
but nvm, 3D will not be next wipe

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1528 on: May 08, 2011, 06:10:45 pm »
Here, .223 I made together with LagMaster.

http://www.2shared.com/file/0LJuDscN/223.html

Also, why the heck is the uranium ore so high-poly? :-\ It's just a rock, heck, I just made a very similar figure and it has only 66 edges.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:17:15 pm by Haraldx »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1529 on: May 08, 2011, 07:01:38 pm »
tnx Haraldx

speaking of armors, does anyone started to make tribal armor male/female?