Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611845 times)

Offline Gray

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1290 on: March 30, 2011, 03:33:28 pm »
Guys, sorry for disappearing, but the Bozar will barely be completed in nearest months. I got a divorce and lack of free time.
Additionally, it seems like I'm doing it too long and I got a "Soapy glance" (I don't know if there an English equivalent of this Russian word), I can't notice a flaws in my models no more, so their quality significantly lowers. I have to take a pause, solve my problems and and refresh my sight.
Do the best or do nothing :)

« Reply #1291 on: March 30, 2011, 06:59:00 pm »
Guys, sorry for disappearing, but the Bozar will barely be completed in nearest months. I got a divorce and lack of free time.
Additionally, it seems like I'm doing it too long and I got a "Soapy glance" (I don't know if there an English equivalent of this Russian word), I can't notice a flaws in my models no more, so their quality significantly lowers. I have to take a pause, solve my problems and and refresh my sight.
Do the best or do nothing :)

So I'm guessing no 3D modells will come any sooner.Well good luck whith your divorce.I know how it is my parents were divorced too it took 3 years to end.Hope it wont take that long in your case ;)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 02:45:26 pm by SIGISMUND »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1292 on: April 03, 2011, 12:52:12 pm »
Working on the Sawn-off shotgun. Mesh is somewhat complete, however, don't have much time, no video/screenshot/file for now. Just keeping you all up to date.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1293 on: April 05, 2011, 01:13:59 pm »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1294 on: April 05, 2011, 02:53:41 pm »
make teh 2 barrles with holes.And I think you can start texturing.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #1295 on: April 05, 2011, 03:10:35 pm »
There is no need for carved out barrels, as you will never notice this ingame.

« Reply #1296 on: April 05, 2011, 03:51:53 pm »
Shall I start texturing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHZceI-0LOY

Looks very good. BTW what's the music in background?

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1297 on: April 05, 2011, 04:50:05 pm »
make teh 2 barrles with holes.
What Lexx said. I can do these holes with texturing too however.
Looks very good. BTW what's the music in background?
Thank you very much!
Intro song is from www.freesound.org made by pryght one called "harp"
The video song is from one free, indie game, I just made it reversed and made it loop (as the actual "song" is only 8 or so seconds long). Don't worry, I have a permission :)

Working right now on a texture :)

EDIT: Texture is kinda done, just last tweaks and I'm done ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:10:38 pm by Haraldx »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1298 on: April 05, 2011, 08:48:01 pm »
It's done! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIx6bpBlh04
If all OK, sending files to Graf.

« Reply #1299 on: April 05, 2011, 08:48:55 pm »
Btw haraldx your intro is too damn long.I can make you a new better and shorter one.

PS. Make some brown rust on the barrles

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #1300 on: April 05, 2011, 08:56:38 pm »
Don't think rust is necessary, you wouldn't want to use a rusty shotgun i think.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

« Reply #1301 on: April 05, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »
Well its a prewar shotgun I think it should be a liltle rusted don't you agree?

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1302 on: April 05, 2011, 09:07:27 pm »
Btw haraldx your intro is too damn long.I can make you a new better and shorter one.
Yup, thought of that xD I just couldn't find any fitting music and stuff. Still learning with video things anyway, so... yeah, I'm just a beginner. This is just a quick prototype I came up with.
PS. Make some brown rust on the barrles
I think it doesn't really need it :/ 0% det gun never repaired with rusty barrels? As far as I know, having rusty barrels can be even extremely dangerous to the one who is shooting the gun...

EDIT: besides, look at the original sprite, the gun even is shiny.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:09:51 pm by Haraldx »

« Reply #1303 on: April 05, 2011, 09:10:28 pm »
For estetic purposes.A 100 years old gun must have atleast 1 scratch of rust.And if you look closely to the sprite on the bottom of the barrel you can see some small lines of rust even at the end of the barrel you can see it.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:13:37 pm by SIGISMUND »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1304 on: April 05, 2011, 09:14:32 pm »
For estetic purposes.A 100 years old gun must have atleast 1 scratch of rust.And if you look closely to the sprite on the bottom of the barrel you can see some small lines of rust even at the end of the barrel you can see it.
Indeed! didn't notice that, however, I'm more worried about, is it worth adding that small patch of rust if the model will be so small in-game?