Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611894 times)

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1275 on: March 13, 2011, 12:52:33 pm »
The video isn't really necessary... but if you want to... anyway, send it to me please.
Nah, got Sony Vegas 10.0 pro, want to test out stuff with it. But it doesn't matter, gonna upload the video later anyway :P Sending you the model any second.
EDIT: Lol, graf, your PM inbox is full, so I have to post the link here: http://www.2shared.com/file/dVWp29rD/Ripper_most_likely.html
EDIT2: Here is the video, the quality for some reason is just horrible tho. When I used Sony Vegas or Windows media player, it had much better quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW1w4pjffzE
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:34:01 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1276 on: March 13, 2011, 05:45:04 pm »
I can't belive you manage to do such thing in Wings 3D.I didn't thats for damn sure.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1277 on: March 13, 2011, 06:11:06 pm »
I can't belive you manage to do such thing in Wings 3D.I didn't thats for damn sure.
Gee, man, that's just newbie work :P I'm still far from being good at modeling. You should take a look at some people trying to do speed modeling and other stuff.
EDIT: If you want, I can make a tutorial on how to make that Ripper. I found the texturing harder than modeling in most cases tho. (actually I'm having problems with making UV maps, but that's a part of texturing I guess.)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:20:04 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1278 on: March 13, 2011, 09:10:48 pm »
All I'm saying is that it looks great.

« Reply #1279 on: March 15, 2011, 04:34:38 pm »
Gee, man, that's just newbie work :P I'm still far from being good at modeling. You should take a look at some people trying to do speed modeling and other stuff.
EDIT: If you want, I can make a tutorial on how to make that Ripper. I found the texturing harder than modeling in most cases tho. (actually I'm having problems with making UV maps, but that's a part of texturing I guess.)
Uv mapping in blender is easier then in in wings 3d but still wings 3d is a pretty cool tool the ripper you made is one of the things that prove this!

I was able to create a texture for the female char it gives her similar clothes that NFPEAS has, the thing I was unable to make was the shoes.

Also I started making an uv for the mutant but before I do more work on it I would like to ask if the model is acceptable. Also I only have blender so I dunno if I will be able to export to x format I found a script to it but wasn't able to test it yet... anyway pic of sm

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1280 on: March 15, 2011, 05:21:45 pm »
The female texture looks a bit too big, is that 512x512? None will ever zoom at 400% to see if it is 512x512 or 256x256!

SuperMutant model seems fine, want texture :)

Also, I just hate the "edge cutting" stuff in UV mapping, sometimes it seems to give you odd results and sometimes you even need to start everything from the beginning.

« Reply #1281 on: March 15, 2011, 06:50:28 pm »
The super mutant looks like Hulk :D

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1282 on: March 15, 2011, 07:07:55 pm »
Heh, finally someone made a texture, which would make a girl look like a girl, not like a ghoul :)

I can't really see much from the picture with mutie, but from that distance and this angle, it looks quite similar to the original. I personally trust you very much with all the things related to the characters modelling, coz you had shown your skills with your previous models.

And yes, most probably, you can use 512x512 at this stage of development. Texture size could be reduced at other stages of development.

P.S. Don't worry about exporting to .x format. Just export to any other file format, when you're done (though, try to avoid specific file formats, like .blender or .wings)

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #1283 on: March 15, 2011, 07:14:11 pm »
..well I was doing... oh, well, nevermind, didn't finish it anyway  :P

I was aiming at this but didn't get the tint quite right (it is a greenish brown, but not that green).

Acceptable?

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #1284 on: March 15, 2011, 08:32:30 pm »
And yes, most probably, you can use 512x512 at this stage of development. Texture size could be reduced at other stages of development.

Actually, I clicked on the picture, and it turns out it's 800x800!  :-\

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #1285 on: March 15, 2011, 09:30:47 pm »
I've been working with 1024 x 1024 whilst producing stuff. The final flattened textures all get resized to 256x256 when finished, but I find it's a lot easier to alter / adjust / edit stuff if the source files are much higher resolution. Basically, I'm pretty sure it's fine to work as high as you want, as long as you remember it'll be shrunk later.

« Reply #1286 on: March 16, 2011, 11:35:06 am »
@ all: hi, sorry for offtop!

@ Graf: please free some space in your mailbox, I can't send a personal message to you during few days. It always says "PM could not be sent to 'Graf' as their inbox is full!". Thanks

« Reply #1287 on: March 20, 2011, 07:09:47 am »
Heh, finally someone made a texture, which would make a girl look like a girl, not like a ghoul :)
I can't really see much from the picture with mutie, but from that distance and this angle, it looks quite similar to the original. I personally trust you very much with all the things related to the characters modelling, coz you had shown your skills with your previous models.
P.S. Don't worry about exporting to .x format. Just export to any other file format, when you're done (though, try to avoid specific file formats, like .blender or .wings)
I noticed some extra verts that were unneeded so I will have to retexture the mutant but the good thing that now there are three more bodies actually (2) since the first is the same as the third with some modification that would make it a ghoul.

About the file format I dropped together a simple animation for a cube object exported to x and fbx format if someone could check if maya, 3dmax or any other 3d software the others use could import it with the animation it has if it works then I rework the animation I posted about a ghoul critter previously and upload it too if not then only the modell (hope one of these works I would check it myself but I use linux and an old windows sp2 which can't run the recent trial versions of the commercial 3d sowftwares)
http://www.2shared.com/file/0OunPpb6/test_for_export.html

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1288 on: March 20, 2011, 07:49:35 am »
if someone could check if maya, 3dmax or any other 3d software...
3ds max 2010 is working ok with .FBX file for me. Animation works ok.
Fragmotion can open .X, but animation doesn't work there.
.blender works ok where it should be, but I don't know how to turn on animation there.

« Reply #1289 on: March 20, 2011, 08:05:59 am »
Thanks Graf I will use this fbx format then. Hope I will be able to the some quality contribution to some critter animations though Karpov put the standards for the animation pretty high I hope the ones I will create for the ghouls will be ok...