Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611882 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1260 on: March 09, 2011, 03:42:43 pm »
This model is great as it is, so it's not necessary to do such kind of changes. It only takes time, while you'll never see this model in-game at the distance, where you can differ metal color from granite.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1261 on: March 09, 2011, 07:45:44 pm »
Isn't there zoomed preview in character screen?
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1262 on: March 09, 2011, 07:47:29 pm »
Isn't there zoomed preview in character screen?
You really gonna stand at the character screen for 2 hours to understand, is it metal or granite?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #1263 on: March 09, 2011, 08:00:34 pm »
Even if you won't use it il keep it for when the 3D is gonna be fully intorduced.

« Reply #1264 on: March 10, 2011, 11:51:44 am »
The gauss texture is a .psd but with a .png extension (that what InfranView told me), it's 255x255.
Its a bit irritating that I made such a fault and didn't saw it strange thing that at my computer
the texture worked in blender probably because it had only one layer. Thanks for solving it.

Edit:
After some tryings here is a half made super mutant model (to keep the models similar its based on the hero model)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 05:10:04 pm by Jotisz »

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1265 on: March 11, 2011, 02:42:08 pm »
Most of these weapons, I see have a side view and that's it. The "walking with weapons" 3d animation is going to look very dumb with no alternate view of the weapon, is it?

I feel that they way most of these models are facing, if used as is, they will look as if they are meant to be used in a 2d side scrolling platformer.

Just a thought.

Offline Gray

« Reply #1266 on: March 11, 2011, 04:49:29 pm »
Most of these weapons, I see have a side view and that's it. The "walking with weapons" 3d animation is going to look very dumb with no alternate view of the weapon, is it?

I feel that they way most of these models are facing, if used as is, they will look as if they are meant to be used in a 2d side scrolling platformer.

Just a thought.
You have absolutely no idea how 3D works. That pictures you saw with "a side view and that's it" are just an examples. All weapons are completely made in 3D and available to see from any angle of view.

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1267 on: March 11, 2011, 05:27:01 pm »
You have absolutely no idea how 3D works. That pictures you saw with "a side view and that's it" are just an examples. All weapons are completely made in 3D and available to see from any angle of view.

Sorry bossman. I thought this was a legitimate question.

I apologize for not being 3D savvy. :)

« Reply #1268 on: March 11, 2011, 06:55:14 pm »
With all this 3D stuff Awareness will be pretty much pointless unless you don't want to see the mans hp.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #1269 on: March 11, 2011, 09:13:27 pm »
With all this 3D stuff Awareness will be pretty much pointless unless you don't want to see the mans hp.
I think awareness is pretty useful just for watching hp, but yes, a big chunk of its usefulness is chopped off.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

« Reply #1270 on: March 12, 2011, 12:29:47 am »
I think awareness is pretty useful just for watching hp, but yes, a big chunk of its usefulness is chopped off.

maybe add some new feature to Awareness hmm :P?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1271 on: March 12, 2011, 09:40:19 am »
Stop offtop FFS! >:(

« Reply #1272 on: March 12, 2011, 02:08:52 pm »

I don't know, I imagine that at normal zoom a lot of the guns will look pretty similar.  It'll still be good for being able to quickly tell whether that's a .14mm pistol or 10mm pistol.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1273 on: March 13, 2011, 12:29:45 pm »
Fixed the ripper... Actually, I remade it from scratch. I used the texture from the original creator tho. Be right back with a video. Texture size has also been optimized to 128x128.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1274 on: March 13, 2011, 12:33:13 pm »
The video isn't really necessary... but if you want to... anyway, send it to me please.