Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611884 times)

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1245 on: March 07, 2011, 09:31:21 am »
Can it be that the faces on the pulse pistol are backfacing? Check the normals.
How big is the texture? I think they all should be 128x128 or less.

Offline Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #1246 on: March 07, 2011, 10:25:01 am »

Nice waki!
Would suggest less saturated colors tough as it looks too much comic styled imo.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #1247 on: March 07, 2011, 03:59:14 pm »
The Bozar looks very nice. I didn't know it was based on the Barret, now I see why it was such a destructive weapon, a fully automatic .50 caliber.... :o
And I like how you project the item icon into the model, a very interesting technique, it looks very good.

I'm converting the textures to 128px for the weapons and 256 for armors and characters. Maybe it could be even less for smaller objects, like stimpacs.

A few days ago, i requested Mr. Karpov for a redhead.
As he seems quite busy, i modified the female "BobBrown" hair texture in red by myself. Here it is - should it be corrected, what do you think?

Edit: changed it to more "carrot" red.

I added those colors to test different options. There are a lot of values for hair in the game, and I suspect I can add even more, so hair colors could be variated. The carrot red looks unnatural to me, maybe it should be a bit more like Tandi's sprite. By the way, I was not busy, I was ill, and I didn't read your message. Another thing, if you edited the texture, why don't you post a screenshot? brown hair is layer 157 value 46.

« Reply #1248 on: March 08, 2011, 04:57:35 pm »
OK, the Bozar is almost finished. I've made it looking like a machine gun rather then sniper rifle.
Now it's draft-textured by standard VB weapon texture, but UV's are unwrapped already, so it's only a texture to be done. I'll do it if you will approve the mesh.

270 polys
Sorry but absolutely non-fallouty... too many gag
Here is the result of the gauss rifle sadly it doesn't look good but maybe someone can give it a better texture

Awesome! Very similar to original
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:08:58 pm by adept »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1249 on: March 08, 2011, 05:08:05 pm »
Can someone check this gauss rifle please ? I can't make its texture work correctly still... Well, maybe it's just me.

P.S. 3D armors tracker was updated. APA (F&M), CA (F), Desert Robe (F), Robe (F), Environmental Armor (F), Ranger Veteran Armor (F) were added.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:07:14 am by Graf »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #1250 on: March 09, 2011, 08:19:36 am »
can i ask for some .obj male and female unarmored meshes?
link please

i whant to make some armors

« Reply #1251 on: March 09, 2011, 09:11:23 am »
Can someone please check this gauss rifle? I can't make its texture work correctly still... Well, maybe it's just me.

P.S. 3D armors tracker was updated. APA (F&M), CA (F), Desert Robe (F), Robe (F), Environmental Armor (F), Ranger Veteran Armor (F) were added.
I've made one more try on the model recalculated the normals on the pulse pistol and resized both texture to 128x128 hope it works now. Backup folder has the unrisized textures. And as Graf said if someone can check them out would be good.
http://www.2shared.com/file/BTCCmj1s/weapons_v2.html

Offline Gray

« Reply #1252 on: March 09, 2011, 10:14:15 am »
I've made one more try on the model recalculated the normals on the pulse pistol and resized both texture to 128x128 hope it works now. Backup folder has the unrisized textures. And as Graf said if someone can check them out would be good.
http://www.2shared.com/file/BTCCmj1s/weapons_v2.html
Gauss texture is a 1 MB file of unknown format, I doubt it is a 128x128 bitmap.
The model requires some optimization (it should save about 100 tris without any visual difference) and review (some vertexes are accidentally moved).
UVW map is looking good, the only problem is a texture file itself.

« Reply #1253 on: March 09, 2011, 10:33:54 am »
I got very important question here.Will there be gore effects like cutting people in half blowing their spleen etc.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1254 on: March 09, 2011, 10:50:35 am »
I got very important question here.Will there be gore effects like cutting people in half blowing their spleen etc.
Click me

« Reply #1255 on: March 09, 2011, 12:02:08 pm »
Yupiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ! ;D

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #1256 on: March 09, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »
The gauss texture is a .psd but with a .png extension (that what InfranView told me), it's 255x255.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1257 on: March 09, 2011, 12:49:33 pm »
The gauss texture is a .psd but with a .png extension (that what InfranView told me), it's 255x255.
Finally! Thanks a lot pistacja. Now gauss works well.
Concerning pulse pistol - now I can see, that it is rendering in blender as it should be, but I can't export it, with a texture and Uv's. Could anyone more skilled try to do this?

« Reply #1258 on: March 09, 2011, 01:55:33 pm »
looks a bit cartoonish.mind if I try to remake it?

What I did was sharpen it a bit and use the burn tool in the areas where was to much light.It looked to me like it was right out from the box.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 02:14:00 pm by SIGISMUND »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #1259 on: March 09, 2011, 03:30:12 pm »
You need to burn parts beneath those two cylinder things, and model needs some more love.
Coils used for accelerating projectile are not looking close to original at all, and metal surface still looks more like granite.

If you quickly check sprite you should catch correct colors (GR is obviously darker gray with a lot of specular reflection) and pattern on the barrel.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."