Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611740 times)

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1065 on: February 16, 2011, 10:08:02 pm »
Okay, I have 3ds max up and running also, i imported the male hero.obj. but for some reason, i cant get a frontsie view of him. i only see him laying down, and overhead view. anyone familiar with 3ds max, can you shed some light?

I'd say, you just rotate him on selected axis to 90 degrees...
And then, open your browser, go on YouTube.com, enter in search field "3ds max basics" and spend some time watching them.

My homework to you: turn the model upward and make it twice its size and explain to me what a vertice, edge and face is.
We gonna make for him a hat later.

Ehh, mods, could you move it to some kind of tutorial and newbie help thread?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:10:07 pm by Alvarez »

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #1066 on: February 16, 2011, 10:08:57 pm »
look at some 3ds max tutorials to learn the interface and how to create things, it takes some time.

What you have to do is just rotate the character, first select the character so he is... selected... then select the rotate icon (looks like a arrow going in a circle), then rotate in the X-axel (at the bottom there should be a few boxes - X:[number] Y:[number] Z:[number], just drag the arrows next to the X:[] box, to -90 I think, this should make him stand up. But I think you should look at some tutorials first.

//aww i just ruined some of his homework :(
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Alvarez

« Reply #1067 on: February 16, 2011, 10:11:33 pm »
look at some 3ds max tutorials to learn the interface and how to create things, it takes some time.

What you have to do is just rotate the character, first select the character so he is... selected... then select the rotate icon (looks like a arrow going in a circle), then rotate in the X-axel (at the bottom there should be a few boxes - X:[number] Y:[number] Z:[number], just drag the arrows next to the X:[] box, to -90 I think, this should make him stand up. But I think you should look at some tutorials first.

//aww i just ruined some of his homework :(

Naw, you just helped him. But still, it's not a appropriate place for this here.
Cryptopsy, what are you going to do with the models, even if you get them, huh?

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1068 on: February 16, 2011, 10:11:54 pm »
I'd say, you just rotate him on selected axis to 90 degrees...
And then, open your browser, go on YouTube.com, enter in search field "3ds max basics" and spend some time watching them.

My homework to you: turn the model upward and make it twice its size and explain to me what a vertice, edge and face is.
We gonna make for him a hat later.

Ehh, mods, could you move it to some kind of tutorial and newbie help thread?

come on Alvarez, dont  pull the mod card on me.

Offline Alvarez

« Reply #1069 on: February 16, 2011, 10:13:45 pm »
come on Alvarez, dont  pull the mod card on me.

I'll put a RTFM card on you.
It's super effective. Goodnight.

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #1070 on: February 16, 2011, 10:24:59 pm »
Move them to this thread: New to modeling?

Think it will be good to have a separate thread for that and I hope some of you 'veterans'  take a look in there from time to time, to see if anyone needs any help, it's not so exhausting to take a peek there :P

@below

--> check new modeling helper thread, gave a quick answer there, but might not be fully satisfactional :P
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 11:12:56 pm by bikkebakke »

Offline Cryptopsy

• Smoke Break Until Wipe
« Reply #1071 on: February 16, 2011, 10:29:28 pm »
Anyways, bikkebakke, check out my updated post at the top of this thread. page

« Reply #1072 on: February 17, 2011, 02:22:09 pm »
I'll put a RTFM card on you.
It's super effective. Goodnight.

Ahh, Read The Fucking Manual.
I had to google it.

Offline Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #1073 on: February 17, 2011, 02:27:27 pm »
One just leaves for half a year and when he comes back there is whole revolution going on!

Epic stuff you have here. Especially armor section looks amazing already! Keep up the amazing work guys. I hope to see this done when I check on you next time ;)

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #1074 on: February 17, 2011, 04:47:43 pm »
One just leaves for half a year and when he comes back there is whole revolution going on!

Epic stuff you have here. Especially armor section looks amazing already! Keep up the amazing work guys. I hope to see this done when I check on you next time ;)

Same here. Your motivation, organization and results are an example for this community. Many of us are following you from shadows and relaying news to other forums. Keep up the good work !

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1075 on: February 17, 2011, 06:36:28 pm »
I've updated 3d graphics development tracker. Now we need to finish all missing models.

p.s. Does anyone have a plugin that is importing .BLEND file format to 3ds max? I didn't found anything in google about that.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 06:58:47 pm by Graf »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1076 on: February 17, 2011, 06:49:13 pm »
I've updated 3d graphics development tracker. Now we need to finish all missing models.
Putting texture on a pipe rifle right now. I don't know what is the thingy at the start of the barrel meant to be tho.
EDIT: Sending you, Graf, the club I made.
EDIT2: Edit the wiki, Graf, for the minigun part - I made the basic model and initial texture, Karpov made minor changes to the model and made the texture. I want Karpov to be credited too, however all I can give you is this cool picture Karpov sent me: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5815/minigunw.jpg
EDIT3: Uploading a video about the pipe rifle I made. Has texture and all the stuff.
EDIT4: Sorry about the pause, my computer crashed :P But here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yW82drEbjY
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 07:51:08 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #1077 on: February 17, 2011, 08:27:36 pm »
The... thingie at the start of the barrel might have something to do with loading the rifle.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1078 on: February 17, 2011, 08:37:14 pm »
Ok, Haraldx, I guess this model of pipe rifle is good enough for such rare weapon. I mean, it's barely anyone will be using it. The only thing - you probably should add a thing, which bikkebakke is talking about. After that, you can send it to me.
P.S. I've edited a texture of your minigun a bit, to make it fit an Avenger minigun, if you don't mind.

« Reply #1079 on: February 17, 2011, 09:35:51 pm »
hello,
who weapons are available to make? some fields have not been here.
Help us to keep Jagged Alliance as a turn-based game!
Please sign the petition! http://www.petitiononline.com/ja2r/petition.html