Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611895 times)

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #1005 on: February 15, 2011, 11:46:14 am »
The helmet is completely wrong, either the shoulders. Legs are a bit wrong and hands are wrong too.
On Russian community we spent about two months to rebuild APA true shape piece by piece. You are right, you are not the first who tried it.I need just a good texture to finish it.

I think the one in the middle looks pretty good. But I personally think the helmet doesn't look just right there. Is it unwrapped?

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #1006 on: February 15, 2011, 12:11:21 pm »
I think the one in the middle looks pretty good. But I personally think the helmet doesn't look just right there. Is it unwrapped?

The model made by community (the one which will be used) is the last (at right). I think there is a picture with texture somewhere in the thread.... It look good.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #1007 on: February 15, 2011, 12:41:39 pm »
In my opinion the model on right looks bad. Model on left looks much better. Dunno if it is the texture then.

Both models also have this weird "circle" going around head. I don't see such thing in the sprite.

Maybe this would be helpful:
http://www.sbatl.ru/Fallout3/mod/ClassicAdvancedPowerArmor.jpg

Offline Gray

« Reply #1008 on: February 15, 2011, 01:00:39 pm »
In my opinion the model on right looks bad. Model on left looks much better. Dunno if it is the texture then.
That's just bad textures, you'll see.
Both models also have this weird "circle" going around head. I don't see such thing in the sprite.
But the "talking heads" has that "circle". They have a few common with sprites.
Maybe this would be helpful:
http://www.sbatl.ru/Fallout3/mod/ClassicAdvancedPowerArmor.jpg
OMG. I've seen this homemade crap about hundred times. It's suxx.

Offline Ztormi

« Reply #1009 on: February 15, 2011, 01:13:49 pm »
Looks like there's no agreement whether there's APA finished or not. If you think I'm doing work for nothing please say so and I'll start working on something else. I really hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this model.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:40:04 pm by Ztormi »

« Reply #1010 on: February 15, 2011, 01:15:47 pm »
Ive been following this thread all the time and decided to say "Hi" once in a while, so here it goes:
Hi!

I'm very impressed - the progress is huge. I'm actually embarrased with my guns models when I see what you've been up to.

Anyways - Is skejwen even alive?  AFAIR he was holding all the weapon models we made before and there were few wonderful ones - it would be a pity if those models would vanish. I still have mine if you need them although i know, they are not the best ones.

I wish I could help in developing this 3d project, unfortunately i can only make REALLY simple models, which are already done as i presume.

Congratulations to everyone who helps in developing this whole thing. Keep up great work, guys!

Offline Opera

• Guardian
    • Nitue.net
« Reply #1011 on: February 15, 2011, 01:22:53 pm »
But the "talking heads" has that "circle".

For me the "talking heads" look completely different than the sprite. Maybe there was two models for APA? One used for talking heads and one used for the sprites?

The model made for that F3 mod looks great. Of course not perfect, but really nice job.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #1012 on: February 15, 2011, 01:24:46 pm »
he was holding all the weapon models we made before
Don't worry, fortunately I have all these models too (except Maddox ones)
And at least a few more people have them as well.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:28:08 pm by Graf »

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #1013 on: February 15, 2011, 02:00:52 pm »
Skej is still about, not to fear.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Gray

« Reply #1014 on: February 15, 2011, 02:17:46 pm »
Looks like there's no agreement whether there's APA finished or not. If you think I'm doing work for nothing please say so and I'll start working on something else. I really hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this model.
Helmet is still just wrong. Try to make it first, all other model is not so difficult.
examine this

Offline Ztormi

« Reply #1015 on: February 15, 2011, 04:45:33 pm »
Running out of ideas soon. Redid the mask completely and I don't think there's much to do without adding more polys.

Offline Gray

« Reply #1016 on: February 15, 2011, 05:26:07 pm »
Running out of ideas soon. Redid the mask completely and I don't think there's much to do without adding more polys.

No. Just no. I propose not to waste your time, because I have APA on a higher stage of development.

If you want - I'll send it for you. So you can finish it and obtain all glory. I just can't see it any more.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #1017 on: February 15, 2011, 05:35:24 pm »
Hello, I can send you the New Vegas APA model if you want, it is very good, and has pretty textures, I even tested it in game, a shame it is hi poly.

Ok here is the news: I tested the female model with one animation from the Male model, I just had to load the new skeleton and re-export in a new file, it seems to work quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5bZ_vpjukk

I also made some of the Club/Cattle prod animations. Here I try to fix my car with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ag2IjRZF0

PS: I would need a minigun model to create the animations, but I need it to have the handles on the right place, check the original sprite.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:46:07 pm by Karpov »

Offline Ztormi

« Reply #1018 on: February 15, 2011, 05:50:46 pm »
If you want - I'll send it for you. So you can finish it and obtain all glory. I just can't see it any more.
Lol
I agree your body armor is better. But I honestly think helmet isn't any better. Eyes are too big and the tube on the right cheek is too small.
Maybe it's all in viewer's eye how the mask looks  :D

I asked you before if it's unwrapped but havent got answer yet. If it is I can give a shot in texturing it.
Otherwise I'll start working on some other stuff.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #1019 on: February 15, 2011, 06:03:56 pm »
The girl looks great.

To my untrained eye all those APA's look pretty much the same  ;D
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.