Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611854 times)

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #990 on: February 14, 2011, 06:46:19 pm »
When everything for the humans is done, it can be started to try to make everything for the humans even better. :p

« Reply #991 on: February 14, 2011, 07:08:50 pm »
New critters in 3D, if everything needed for player models has been done and there are still skilled people wanting to do more ... why not? Making the game look better is valuable in itself.

I may not be in any position to weigh in on this, but I feel like we should get the human 3D player models done, and not really worry about much else until later.  A game where all players are 3D, and customizable, is great.  But I think it'd be weird to exchange NPCs and such for 3D versions.  We already have a handful of 3D critters in the game.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #992 on: February 14, 2011, 07:14:39 pm »
OK, changed it a bit: shorter arms, shorter thigh, smaller forehead, fatter legs and upper arms. Anything else?

Gray, I could give you this model, but I am still changing it as you can see, I need to make sure I send you the final version. I will send you a PM with the file if you want it anyway.

Still taking suggestions.  ;)

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #993 on: February 14, 2011, 07:25:30 pm »
Must all armors be done again in female version, or will male/female use same armor model?
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #994 on: February 14, 2011, 07:36:30 pm »
OK, changed it a bit: shorter arms, shorter thigh, smaller forehead, fatter legs and upper arms. Anything else?

Gray, I could give you this model, but I am still changing it as you can see, I need to make sure I send you the final version. I will send you a PM with the file if you want it anyway.

Still taking suggestions.  ;)

Looking good :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Kharaam

• Spartan Pigrat
« Reply #995 on: February 14, 2011, 07:38:23 pm »
hope for bikini version ;) not!

one thing: shadows blend with boots on this model, it doesn't look good.

Blubber we miss You!!!

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #996 on: February 14, 2011, 07:46:08 pm »
Ok, boots are just texture, I can make them brighter.

Armors need to be redone, yes, but I made the female model with the same mesh from the male model, so that could help a bit when making them fit to the body. Right now when you wear an armor, the game attaches the male armor, it does not look that bad, but it is not right either. I believe the power armor looks fine that way, since they are all rigid parts.

New video: shows Leather armor by Ztormi, my leather jacket, and 2 animations: sledge Thurst and spear throw. Last one is bad, I will have to speed it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZGpRLN-MC0

PS: I forgot to show skin tone in the video with those, but they work just fine.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:47:50 pm by Karpov »

Offline Gray

« Reply #997 on: February 14, 2011, 07:47:51 pm »
Must all armors be done again in female version, or will male/female use same armor model?
Of course they do. Character-in-armor is a one discrete model. That's why I am demanding the female model.
Well, I can wait until tomorrow ;)

« Reply #998 on: February 14, 2011, 07:52:39 pm »
love the LA. i might even use it more often than CA for fun  ;D.
Kharaam, i love the pic you have below what you wrote. its just so inspirational

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #999 on: February 15, 2011, 01:10:05 am »
Ok here it is, the Advanced Power Armor untextured. I bet I'm not the first one trying to model that but here's my version of it. Reference images were pain in the arse to find so if this reminds APA even a bit I'm happy.

Again, built on top of the Karpov's male model.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:40:49 pm by Ztormi »

« Reply #1000 on: February 15, 2011, 01:51:06 am »
I'm really excited, I haven't been playing FOnline for very long now, But I think this will be a great improvement in this mod. I have some artistic modeling and texturing ability, But it sucks being as lazy as I am :3 and I like the whole "Soon" idea XD

Offline Gray

« Reply #1001 on: February 15, 2011, 02:46:28 am »
Ok here it is, the Advanced Power Armor untextured. I bet I'm not the first one trying to model that but here's my version of it. Reference images were pain in the arse to find so if this reminds APA even a bit I'm happy.
The helmet is completely wrong, either the shoulders. Legs are a bit wrong and hands are wrong too.
On Russian community we spent about two months to rebuild APA true shape piece by piece. You are right, you are not the first who tried it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I need just a good texture to finish it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 02:52:38 am by Gray »

« Reply #1002 on: February 15, 2011, 04:20:00 am »
Well, nice try anyway Ztormi. Don't give up.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 05:48:00 am by None »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #1003 on: February 15, 2011, 09:20:51 am »
That reminds me. Now we can finally have a decent model for combat leather jacket, etc. :p

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #1004 on: February 15, 2011, 11:33:13 am »
Holy dog, guys! You guys are just awesome! Maybe I can do something about the critters. I will take a look. Good work guys, we are making this game a revolution!

EDIT: Working a bit on the rad scorpion :) Will post when I come up with something.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:46:23 am by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.