Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 612283 times)

Offline Solar

• Rotator
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #855 on: February 12, 2011, 04:58:26 pm »
Nice fist, can you straighten the fingers? it is needed to rig it to the character's hand.

Hi, I have been a little slow with this lately. New animation: Rocket launcher, just holster, walk and shoot. No "weapon on back", sorry, but that is not inside the animation, I can add that later. It takes some time to place it correctly, and I figured it was not actually needed. I changed the kick animation, someone pointed me a thing about it, and he was right, so I modified it. Also I changed the Walking animation, I think it looks better, but please let me know if you see something that can be changed.
  In the video I show some textures I had for the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVFOkYLeCyw

Oh, another thing, if someone wants to model the Rocket Launcher go ahead, that model was something I created as a guide for the animation and is not optimized.

Ah ha! The redshirt skin, finally! :)

I always look forward to the next youtube video
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #856 on: February 12, 2011, 05:29:16 pm »
I'm an experienced 3d modeller myself and would like to help out a bit too.
Are there any basic guidelines for the models? Measures, texture resolutions and so on?
Or does someone just scale them and add to some sort of library from this thread?

« Reply #857 on: February 12, 2011, 05:40:43 pm »
Awesome :) In 1:01 what is it? I like this yellow suit :) Very good job Karpov.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #858 on: February 12, 2011, 05:48:38 pm »
Nice fist, can you straighten the fingers? it is needed to rig it to the character's hand.[...]

Ah - the model's quite literally a fist-shaped solid block - i.e. unopenable, cannot move fingers etc. I sort of assumed it would be a non-moving object, which would fit over the hand, which wouldn't open / close etc.

I'll have to probably remake it, if it needs to be a flat hand to rig onto the main model. However, it shouldn't be too much trouble to do so, as the flat hand should be much easier to make and texture than the first attempt was.

Is it okay to make it with joined fingers (like a "mitten"), like the hand model you uploaded previously?

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #859 on: February 12, 2011, 06:51:47 pm »
that will be awsome, also can you work out a bit on my spear?
You shouldn't create a new spear actually, you just have to make a new texture to the original model.
Karpov, awesome as always. New textures made laugh :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:58:23 pm by Graf »

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #860 on: February 12, 2011, 07:08:52 pm »
Luther Blissett: Sure, just like a mitten, it will be fine. There is no need for separate fingers, just divide them into 2 or 3 parts for bending.

marcek: The yellow jumpsuit is something I have seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc6gvAzuipU
Last guy wears one, I suspect he was supposed to be Richard Grey, but they used the mutated form in the final game, or maybe I am wrong. Also, when I first played Fallout and had to look for Vault 15, I pictured in my head the guys from the other vault wearing a Red and yellow striped jumpsuit I don't know why, it was just my imagination  :) .

Ztormi: you can help if you want to model any weapon or body armor. For the weapons, scale is not important, I can change that with text input. Texture resolutions will probably be scaled to 128x128 for weapons and 256x256 for characters, but you can use bigger images , they are easier to work with, and the engine has no problem at all with that, even if size is not a power of 2. I can send you the character body model if you want to create some clothing/armor. Keep in mind that it has to be low polygon. PM me and I will send you what you need.

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #861 on: February 12, 2011, 07:24:13 pm »
Again well done work. I love combat armor guy with sunglasses.
I cant wait for that so how much work is needed? When model will be done? What is list to do?
Nie ma opierdalania siÄ™! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #862 on: February 12, 2011, 07:24:32 pm »
1:03

lols  @ captain Picard :P
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #863 on: February 12, 2011, 07:31:54 pm »
I suspect he was supposed to be Richard Grey, but they used the mutated form in the final game, or maybe I am wrong

Do you mean Kirk with the Phazer?
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Gray

« Reply #864 on: February 12, 2011, 07:59:34 pm »
Inventory do not use 3D models, it have no sense. Just be sure that it's looking good in 400% zoom. And... great job :)
.... Looks... perfect! 62 triangles? Are you joking me?
Why not? It's just a hand ;)
And Karpov is right, it needs to be done with open palm. To say the truth, it is enough just to put this texture on the character's hand.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 09:15:45 pm by Gray »

« Reply #865 on: February 12, 2011, 08:01:04 pm »
cpt kirk the yellow suit

No le temo a nada....solo a la paz mundial. Sledge Hammer

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #866 on: February 12, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »
Oh you are right Solar, it is Captain Kirk.  ;D I though it was someone from Fallout, how did he end up there? haha. Maybe some kind of joke, just like I made Picard.

About the progress, hmm ok...
here I post my list updated. But these are only animations

Graf knows about the missing weapon models, he posted a list not long ago.

About armors: I have leather jacket, metal armor, combat armor, and power armor. I will ask pistacja to fix something about the robes.
 That leaves leather armor to be done, combat leather jacket, and maybe the Advanced power armor. But that is only for male. I guess when female is ready I will ask the author of these armors to make them fit to the model, so that we don't have to create another one.

And clothing. I use textures for them, I need someone to make a generic, neutral clothing texture, so that It can be colored in different tones, and mix in the game. This is just for customization, and it has a low priority.

PD: the sunglases are high poly. I just added them to test. I will change them.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:13:29 pm by Karpov »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #867 on: February 12, 2011, 08:24:01 pm »
I though it was someone from Fallout, how did he end up there? haha. Maybe some kind of joke, just like I made Picard.

Interplay made a Star Trek adventure game back in the days. It's most likely a model from there.

Offline Ztormi

• A questionable sexual device
« Reply #868 on: February 12, 2011, 08:37:48 pm »
Thanks for the info!
I will give the rocket launcher a try. Screenshot coming soon.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #869 on: February 12, 2011, 08:54:37 pm »
Oh you are right Solar, it is Captain Kirk.  ;D I though it was someone from Fallout, how did he end up there? haha. Maybe some kind of joke, just like I made Picard.

About the progress, hmm ok...
here I post my list updated. But these are only animations

Graf knows about the missing weapon models, he posted a list not long ago.

About armors: I have leather jacket, metal armor, combat armor, and power armor. I will ask pistacja to fix something about the robes.
 That leaves leather armor to be done, combat leather jacket, and maybe the Advanced power armor. But that is only for male. I guess when female is ready I will ask the author of these armors to make them fit to the model, so that we don't have to create another one.

And clothing. I use textures for them, I need someone to make a generic, neutral clothing texture, so that It can be colored in different tones, and mix in the game. This is just for customization, and it has a low priority.

PD: the sunglases are high poly. I just added them to test. I will change them.

we will need separate animations for reload, cuz now reload is using a part of the shoot animation

and i sugest to make caracters to hold the gun diferent, depending on the mode they are using, for example:
normal single mode can be like the way now, in FO 2D
aimed mode can be with the gun more close to the eye, like someone is ready to aim
burst mode can be something like getting prepared to hold something hard to control
reload can be a relaxed mode, or something