Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611806 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #840 on: February 11, 2011, 05:31:40 pm »
Should I texture my Pulse Rifle or the Elmehdi's one will be used? They are equal, except LOD. My one is three times much with all merits and demerits of this.
It's not me, who should deside. But It's always better to have two models, than one or no one.

« Reply #841 on: February 11, 2011, 06:09:54 pm »
Should I texture my Pulse Rifle or the Elmehdi's one will be used? They are equal, except LOD. My one is three times much with all merits and demerits of this.

Well, 'waiting for correction' status means that these models weren't accepted, so feel free to remodel them :P.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #842 on: February 11, 2011, 06:23:10 pm »
Another little project I thought needs to be a little re-worked. The texture just turned out horrible! I guess it doesn't need much polyogns, as it will be a small object in the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAoPzUt4BGg Video!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Gray

« Reply #843 on: February 11, 2011, 08:17:04 pm »
Well, 'waiting for correction' status means that these models weren't accepted, so feel free to remodel them :P.
I'm trying not to compete with active modellers with a view of efficiency.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #844 on: February 11, 2011, 08:56:43 pm »
made a spear, press the pic to download the spear for 3ds Max

Offline Gray

« Reply #845 on: February 11, 2011, 09:49:18 pm »
made a spear
Look closer at the spear picture. The "metal thing" is a head mount (more precisely it is one part). I've made a crude illustration how it made.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #846 on: February 12, 2011, 10:30:19 am »
made a spear, press the pic to download the spear for 3ds Max

Metal texture doesn't look very good. The wood stick in one part where it seems black is somehow off - try to make it brown or something. "Metal thing" has wrong texture.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #847 on: February 12, 2011, 10:31:52 am »
Metal texture doesn't look very good. The wood stick in one part where it seems black is somehow off - try to make it brown or something. "Metal thing" has wrong texture.
there is no texture, i asked you to add one
it is just random color

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #848 on: February 12, 2011, 10:40:41 am »
Oh... well that somehow explains something. You can get some pretty good textures at www.cgtextures.com It has many and varying textures.

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #849 on: February 12, 2011, 03:00:32 pm »
I had a go at the power fist with, I'll admit, not the best of success.

What I found particularly difficult was :
a) The original image is so difficult to interpret
b) There's no real life equivalent to compare to (like with guns etc)

Anyway, here's my first attempt next to original :

Given its in-game size, I've kept the polys as low as humanly possible - should be about 62 triangles there.

It is of course, blocky, and likely inaccurate in places, but in game might not be so bad, if you look at this approximate diagram :

If it's of any use, the model is uploaded here, as Wings, 3ds, obj & texture :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81GA8ZUO

I tested it with Karpov's hand model - it will fit over it, though it'll need rotating and resizing, and possibly hollowing out, depending on how the models are meant to fit together.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #850 on: February 12, 2011, 03:04:18 pm »
I had a go at the power fist with, I'll admit, not the best of success.

What I found particularly difficult was :
a) The original image is so difficult to interpret
b) There's no real life equivalent to compare to (like with guns etc)

Anyway, here's my first attempt next to original :

Given its in-game size, I've kept the polys as low as humanly possible - should be about 62 triangles there.

It is of course, blocky, and likely inaccurate in places, but in game might not be so bad, if you look at this approximate diagram :

If it's of any use, the model is uploaded here, as Wings, 3ds, obj & texture :
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=81GA8ZUO

I tested it with Karpov's hand model - it will fit over it, though it'll need rotating and resizing, and possibly hollowing out, depending on how the models are meant to fit together.
.... Looks... perfect! 62 triangles? Are you joking me? I hope not! And it doesn't need hollowing - the powerfist model will just be put on top of the hand model. Hollowing will just add un-needed polygons. Way to go!

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #851 on: February 12, 2011, 04:06:34 pm »
Awesome. Thanks :-)

If that one's okay then, I'll stick some spikes and some green bits on it and do the mega power fist later today as well.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #852 on: February 12, 2011, 04:09:56 pm »
Awesome. Thanks :-)

If that one's okay then, I'll stick some spikes and some green bits on it and do the mega power fist later today as well.
that will be awsome, also can you work out a bit on my spear?

Offline Luther Blissett

« Reply #853 on: February 12, 2011, 04:37:48 pm »
that will be awsome, also can you work out a bit on my spear?

I can't open .max files - if you can re-export and upload it as a .3ds or .obj or something, then I'll have a look later on.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #854 on: February 12, 2011, 04:47:39 pm »
Nice fist, can you straighten the fingers? it is needed to rig it to the character's hand.

Hi, I have been a little slow with this lately. New animation: Rocket launcher, just holster, walk and shoot. No "weapon on back", sorry, but that is not inside the animation, I can add that later. It takes some time to place it correctly, and I figured it was not actually needed. I changed the kick animation, someone pointed me a thing about it, and he was right, so I modified it. Also I changed the Walking animation, I think it looks better, but please let me know if you see something that can be changed.
  In the video I show some textures I had for the character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVFOkYLeCyw

Oh, another thing, if someone wants to model the Rocket Launcher go ahead, that model was something I created as a guide for the animation and is not optimized.