Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611855 times)

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #765 on: February 08, 2011, 05:16:17 pm »

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #766 on: February 08, 2011, 05:22:34 pm »
Mind to give screenshots/video instead of uploading all the time a model file? + Wings can't open .max :P
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Gray

« Reply #767 on: February 08, 2011, 05:25:58 pm »
I got a question.I made a sword and i want to texture it how do i do it? i got Autodesk 3D's Max 2010 and i got photoshop to.
Open material editor, roll down to maps and load your texture as a diffuse map. After that, apply "unwrap UVW" modifier and press "edit" to tweak texture coordinates.
I wonder, is it possible to make transitions when character turns around? it looks very jumpy (it looked also very jumpy in 2D) when character changes running directions.
It's technically impossible, because the game don't provide any time to rotation. So called, "legacy of the original".
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 05:31:45 pm by Gray »

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #768 on: February 08, 2011, 05:30:57 pm »
I think the leather armor guy in Fallout wears glasses, at least he has two darker pixels in his eyes. I have seen those from van buren, maybe I could test them some time.

About the power armor, I have an idea: the bone structure can be changed so that the head stays the same and make the shoulders more broader, but all animations would need to be exported again with the new skeleton, anyway, I have to do the same thing with the female model if I want to use the same animations.

The pants in the metal armor had a nice texture that Gray sent me, but I was too lazy to add it. What I wanted to do was to leave the pants that the character already was wearing, like Tycho wears brown pants and with the leather armor but you have different ones with the same armor.

The other day I found out I was missing Dodge animations in my list  >:(

One last thing. I think I will temporaily disable the "weapon in hand" when player runs, uses and some other anims, and leave them as it is in the original game. Just for now.

Offline Gray

« Reply #769 on: February 08, 2011, 05:41:20 pm »
I think the leather armor guy in Fallout wears glasses, at least he has two darker pixels in his eyes.
Barely

Leather jacket guy just have flat face.

UPD. OMG!!! I've noticed something in that sprites!!! You should see it.

See that seam? It means that Black Isle haven't even use all-of-a-piece models for sprite rendering. They was composed of small parts even not linked with each other! What a slipshod...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:14:15 pm by Gray »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #770 on: February 08, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »
Well, that wasn't needed. :p You can barely see it in the game and it's just a few frames.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #771 on: February 08, 2011, 07:22:41 pm »
I can fix texture for glasses :P (even if it is like totally useless! still i think its cool >_>) got 3ds max so i can view.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

« Reply #772 on: February 08, 2011, 07:29:16 pm »
coordinates.It's technically impossible, because the game don't provide any time to rotation. So called, "legacy of the original".
Hmm... Maybe this should be worked on? i dont know how hard it is, but, it would not only be a nice balancing feature it would also make the game look a lot better (it was pointless and impossible to do it in 2D, becouse the animations were not 3D, but now if 3D comes then... There is a purpose for it i believe).

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #773 on: February 08, 2011, 07:41:52 pm »
A little by-product. Much lower poly count than the one posted in wiki and has a correct texture. Take a look here, on Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/members/haraldx/images/another-project-for-fonline
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #774 on: February 08, 2011, 07:56:27 pm »
A little by-product. Much lower poly count than the one posted in wiki and has a correct texture. Take a look here, on Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/members/haraldx/images/another-project-for-fonline

Think that one looks perfect, low poly too, just toss on a simple texture :P

//IF by some chance the sunglasses where to be implemented I got them with a very simple texture >_>
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #775 on: February 08, 2011, 07:59:17 pm »
Bikkebakke, it's already textured  ;D

Offline Gray

« Reply #776 on: February 08, 2011, 08:02:09 pm »
Hmm... Maybe this should be worked on? i dont know how hard it is, but, it would not only be a nice balancing feature it would also make the game look a lot better (it was pointless and impossible to do it in 2D, becouse the animations were not 3D, but now if 3D comes then... There is a purpose for it i believe).
There is no time reserved for changing directions. To time at all. Even if somebody will make an animation, it would be played instantly (in 0 seconds).
Well, that wasn't needed. :p You can barely see it in the game and it's just a few frames.
I know people, who is praying on each pixel of this sprites claiming them perfect. And now I see such a bug, not a lone wrong pixel, the whole odd line. I had the similar suspicions about APA sprite, but not about classical ones. I am just astonished.
Great.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #777 on: February 08, 2011, 08:04:34 pm »
Brass and spiked knuckles are more or less done. Can't see any more triangles that I can cut.

I'll add a download link later (or tomorrow).

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #778 on: February 08, 2011, 08:07:35 pm »
I think you can make the finger holes with 5 edges instead of 6, it will save some polys. Otherwise it looks perfect!
BTW: Gray, you can also see the legs is a different model. For the bluesuit it's the white blue pixels of its knee.
EDIT: Karpov, do you need the club I made? I can send it to you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 08:16:43 pm by Haraldx »

« Reply #779 on: February 08, 2011, 08:22:56 pm »
There is no time reserved for changing directions. To time at all. Even if somebody will make an animation, it would be played instantly (in 0 seconds).I know people,

Thats what i am saying, that there should be a time ;) like 1 or 0.5 seconds.