Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611861 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #735 on: February 07, 2011, 07:09:04 pm »
I was sick from too much alcohol yesterday and today so no progress here :< 'gonna make something later or tomorrow. Anyway - Great job all of you guys. Really, I'm impressed that this project has got back it's wings ^&^ Thanks to Karpov and rest of you guys(and gals!)

First in line: finish tribal tattoo and then make all those skintones. Later on I'll work on clothes/hairstyles or whatever you want me to.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:17:44 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #736 on: February 07, 2011, 07:19:28 pm »
Karpov, great as always. What do you mean by rebel polygon? Tried also what you said, still fricking nothing!
Cheetah, I wish I could get drunk, that goddamn UV map is getting me mad!
LagMaster, Wings is one of the easiest programs you will get. Use mostly "Extrude", "Scale Axis", "Scale Uniform" and "Move" if you need to make something more round, select an edge and use "Bevel". "Inset is also quite good, but using it frequently makes whole lots of polygons.
EDIT: LagMaster, I made a 3/4 minute tutorial on how to make that club. Uploading it right now on YouTube.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:26:41 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #737 on: February 07, 2011, 07:28:41 pm »
Karpov, great as always. What do you mean by rebel polygon? Tried also what you said, still fricking nothing!
Cheetah, I wish I could get drunk, that goddamn UV map is getting me mad!
LagMaster, Wings is one of the easiest programs you will get. Use mostly "Extrude", "Scale Axis", "Scale Uniform" and "Move" if you need to make something more round, select an edge and use "Bevel". "Inset is also quite good, but using it frequently makes whole lots of polygons.
EDIT: LagMaster, I made a 3/4 minute tutorial on how to make that club. Uploading it right now on YouTube.
Remember about making Hard Edges. It makes a lot of difference on some models with sharp edges.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #738 on: February 07, 2011, 07:36:45 pm »
LagMaster, watch this video, you will learn a bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-d9gSvfOcI

EDIT: I have to say, version 1.4 sucks ***. Version 1.2 was better, but it didn't have so many features and had tendency to crash.
EDIT2: the model is nowhere near finished as shown in the video, but atleast it shows some basics.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 07:43:11 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #739 on: February 07, 2011, 07:39:38 pm »
I know nothing of wings, but maybe that polygon is flipped(wrong normal)... or that polygon is not there at all?

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #740 on: February 07, 2011, 07:50:22 pm »
Flipped, you say? I can get it into UV mapping, but when I try to unfold it, the program says "Uknown error: badarith" I'm pretty much ****** in this situation I think. I can cut it into 1000 pieces, but I can't even get one of the pieces UV mapped.

« Reply #741 on: February 07, 2011, 08:43:16 pm »
Flipped, you say? I can get it into UV mapping, but when I try to unfold it, the program says "Uknown error: badarith" I'm pretty much ****** in this situation I think. I can cut it into 1000 pieces, but I can't even get one of the pieces UV mapped.
You have probably been messing with deleting lines? When I tried decreasing poly count by deleting lines at some point model crashed and same error appeared every time I tried to UV map. Wrong sector was just untexturable. If I Remember good there is  "repair" tool in Wings3d (But I'm not sure :P)

Here comes the little preview of few base skins:

I'll send them ASAP to Karpov to see how they look in action and with Hair.

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #742 on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:50 pm »
Hey guys - again awesome projects I saw :) Very good for all :)

I'll try make a model but I would know what is it needed? Maybe I make a weapon, item or something like this?

(my level is newbie - I'm learning :))
Nie ma opierdalania się! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

« Reply #743 on: February 07, 2011, 09:06:39 pm »
Hmmm PA looks great but what about APA? Is it texture for APA or not yet?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #744 on: February 07, 2011, 09:10:47 pm »
Nice Cheetah! Everything looks good, but only the Clear Skin from the black guy is a bit too dark imo.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #745 on: February 07, 2011, 09:12:46 pm »
SmartCheetah - Yay for non-racist game! When the 3D models will be implented, I will play as a black guy (even if I'm white in real life). Great job.

Gonna check for that repair tool too.

« Reply #746 on: February 07, 2011, 09:23:08 pm »
Nice Cheetah! Everything looks good, but only the Clear Skin from the black guy is a bit too dark imo.
I wanted him to look just like native Africans :D No problem with changing it, so will correct it later.

Hey guys - again awesome projects I saw :) Very good for all :)

I'll try make a model but I would know what is it needed? Maybe I make a weapon, item or something like this?

(my level is newbie - I'm learning :))
If you're starting with 3d models I believe Wings 3d will be the best thing to learn basics. After getting some basics you should move to Blender or 3d's MAX. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube and various sites, concerning modelling + texturing.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=wings+3d+tutorial&aq=f
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blender+tutorial&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvO0F2xbZa4 -> this guy has nice tutorials but he makes pretty high poly models.

http://xavier.pl/grafika/blender-tutorial-modelowanie-pionka-szachowego/ <- great step by step Blender tutorial for Polish people(In this case - you :P)

http://www.obsidiandawn.com/ - Good textures base for Photoshop. Many useful materials and things you can use on your UV map. I don't recommend using textures straight from photographies 'couse of static lighting on these. You can find texture handpainting tutorials on youtube and various websites.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #747 on: February 07, 2011, 11:13:35 pm »
OK, very nice work SmartCheetah. I added as many as I could, there was not enough space for one of the sets. Changed the black skin texture to give it a bit more of shine. Also changed the face of both asian and black. I wont test all of them in game, just two, here is the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KINxRMH5Cfg
 First the character creation screen, then asian and african in game with the tattoos.

PD: I am sorry Cheetah but I never made the hair, just the ponytail.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #748 on: February 07, 2011, 11:34:42 pm »
Everything looks great. Impressive how well they fit with the original models really.
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

« Reply #749 on: February 08, 2011, 04:35:41 am »
Looks great, I can't wait.  Quick question.
In the old 3D videos from cvet, there were 2 armor slots, one for body and one for head.
Will we have the helmets separate from body armors or will we just still have the one armor slot?
The two slots would help with more customization. 
Just curious.