Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611875 times)

Offline headshot

• Killian
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #720 on: February 06, 2011, 07:31:19 pm »
Rust and dirst makes the model more "falloutish". Otherwise .. it looks like a cut from other game.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #721 on: February 06, 2011, 07:34:24 pm »
Rust and dirst makes the model more "falloutish". Otherwise .. it looks like a cut from other game.
... is that good?
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #722 on: February 06, 2011, 07:39:57 pm »
If you'll be capable to apply an inventory icon as texture, it would be much better. Check m60 which was posted by me, to see how it works.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #723 on: February 06, 2011, 08:10:08 pm »
If you'll be capable to apply an inventory icon as texture, it would be much better. Check m60 which was posted by me, to see how it works.
Not really possible, as Minigun is full of specular and other lighting effects. Therefore, I can't use the textures found on the inventory icon.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #724 on: February 06, 2011, 08:30:37 pm »
Well...you are right, but the models in-game don't have any specular right now, so it could be a good idea.

I need to ask something about animations. Have you seen the Idle anim in SMG and maybe Rifles too, they look like the guy is reloading. What if maybe they were meant to be a reloading animation which was not included in the game? What do you think, should I use them as reload anims? Bad thing is that I can't make the guy throw the magazine in the SMG anim because not all smg have it in the same place (for example p90).
  If not I will do the original reload anims which are nothing but the beggining of the shooting animation.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #725 on: February 06, 2011, 08:31:47 pm »
On the server right now, we use the idle animations as reloading animations. So new idle animations wouldn't hurt anyone. (e: No wait, we don't. But I think it was meaned to be like that once. Anyway, the rest is still valid. Own reloading- and idle-animations don't hurt anyone.)

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #726 on: February 07, 2011, 10:33:20 am »
I can make the missing unarmed weapons, but I'm wondering if they should be made with or without the hand or both?
And can I use the alpha channel for transparencies? 

Offline Gray

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:37:56 pm by Gray »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #728 on: February 07, 2011, 05:24:12 pm »
Wow, I wish I was doing so good as you Gray... I'm just having problems. News as always on Moddb. P.S. Ignore the horrible texture, my UV map isn't even arranged on the 128x128 plane.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:20:59 pm by Haraldx »

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #729 on: February 07, 2011, 05:48:13 pm »
i made some club, is my first try
made it with wings: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNLR161L

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #730 on: February 07, 2011, 06:19:13 pm »
i made some club, is my first try
made it with wings: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNLR161L
Make it a little more fat, make the shorter cylinder a little more short and remove that circle above all that stuff. (Go to "Windows" and open outliner to delete that circle)

Offline Gray

« Reply #731 on: February 07, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »
Wow, I wish I was doing so good as you Gray...
What's the problem?

40 minutes, 360 triangles. Just do the same.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #732 on: February 07, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
*Facepalm* Wow, I guess I'm just epic failer of the month. Damn Wings3D, I don't get it, wheres the problem in making a UV map for a god damn 8 edge plane.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #733 on: February 07, 2011, 06:48:30 pm »
k, made new version, here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P4BC2P6V

also can you give me something else than wings? it looks old and is hard to use

something that is simmilar to UDK, i made a level there and i am kinda used with it

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #734 on: February 07, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »
Haraldx, can't you detach that rebel polygon from the object? maybe that way you could map it.
And maybe you would need to cut here:

So, I was feeling creative today, so I made a little scene for the Power Armor, hope you like it.  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTKVL3JrUqI

The guy was scaled up a bit by console command.

Some close up.