Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611707 times)

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #705 on: February 05, 2011, 10:36:12 pm »
@SmartCheetah, I like you texture with tatoo :) Very nice.

Again good progress brothers ^_^
Nie ma opierdalania siÄ™! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #706 on: February 06, 2011, 11:16:05 am »
Wiki hasn't been updated for about 7 months I think or even more. Cheetahs 10mm pistol is uploaded like 5 months ago. Where is Skej anyway? I haven't seen him on the forums for a quite long time.

EDIT: SmartCheetah, I still have your models, well atleast some - the spears, 10mm pistol and knife. If you want I can reupload them.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:32:03 am by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #707 on: February 06, 2011, 01:04:41 pm »
I've made the Grease Gun and Desert Eagle. Quick and dirty, texture is 128x128. It's not perfect, but it should do for now.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EL96EMP9

Offline headshot

• Killian
« Reply #708 on: February 06, 2011, 01:10:56 pm »
Nice one, pistacja, but your M3A1 looks more like MP-38 Schmeisser, although this two submachine guns are very similar in appearance.

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
« Reply #709 on: February 06, 2011, 01:27:49 pm »
I've used this a reference:
http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/deactivated-guns/allied-deactivated-guns/deactivated-rare-fully-strippable-m3a1-grease-gun/prod_796.html

I've only made the ammo clip shorter (as it looks shorter on the fallout icons), I didn't make the thing around the trigger and the stock (if that's what it's called).

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #710 on: February 06, 2011, 01:29:02 pm »
Great job! The poly count is also very satisfying and it looks good!
EDIT: I just crashed Wings3D With my UV map for the mainframe. This is getting ridiculously hard.
EDIT2: You can always check my progress on Moddb, I will post new stuff there from time to time
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:40:28 pm by Haraldx »
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #711 on: February 06, 2011, 01:42:43 pm »
Yep. Truely awesome work. Things are coming pretty quick lately.
@Pistacja - Are you going to work on base female mesh+texture?
Edit: Ah. I thought you are going to improve size of breasts a little  ;D Anyway - Cheetah's still trying to make some decent tribal tattoo >.>
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:55:23 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
« Reply #712 on: February 06, 2011, 01:52:06 pm »
Making the female mesh might be bit too much for me, but I could work on its textures once the mesh is done... but then again when I look at Karpov work I don't think his texture would need any improvements.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:57:15 pm by pistacja »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #713 on: February 06, 2011, 02:17:55 pm »
Texture for the barrel of my minigun is finished, however I feel it needs tweaking. Go to my Moddb profile to take a look.

« Reply #714 on: February 06, 2011, 02:44:15 pm »

I don't like Tribal tattoos >:( They look dull and have no soul. Still - from distance it looks ok.

@Down: Yeah. I'll probably rework some of them to be more like those spiral lines(I had in mind tribal tattoo, not tattoo for tribals but it can work both ways). That tribal dragon on the back sucks as well as thing on his chest so I'm gonna change it. Making it totally simplified will look bad on the distance. Btw: This screen is terribly compressed.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:10:05 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #715 on: February 06, 2011, 02:54:37 pm »
I think it looks great! However, it needs to be more tribal - the tattoos look very proffesional, tribals are mostly dumb and not very good at art, they draw stickmen, instead of people, they draw a box with 4 sticks under it to draw a dog.

Offline Gray

« Reply #716 on: February 06, 2011, 04:39:51 pm »
I've made the Grease Gun and Desert Eagle. Quick and dirty, texture is 128x128. It's not perfect, but it should do for now.
This is the sample of really good low-poly game model. Such a thorough optimization. Simply excellent.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #717 on: February 06, 2011, 05:27:12 pm »
hmmm, creating 3D images looks superbly awsome and sounds important

can you give me a link to a softwhere i can get for free and full(in PM of course)

i am looking forward to work here

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #718 on: February 06, 2011, 06:23:28 pm »
Hello people. Just seen pistacja models, they are nice.  Haraldx minigun also good improvement. You may want to change the barrels color, looks rusty.
I just created a few animations:  knife swing and holster, taking damage, use and pickup. I also added a ponytail to the character for testing purposes.
Added the metal armor, but without the pants textures, I have to add that later. Walk anim was redone, but still need tweaking.
quick Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzJ294fx0e0

I prepared this table with the animations I have and the ones I don't.

Green is what is done
Yellow is usable but not finished
Red is missing
Grey means it uses a similar animation from other set, mostly from Unarmed. These can be done specifically for each weapon later.

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #719 on: February 06, 2011, 06:36:31 pm »
Looks great, Karpov! I think Hammer "Holster/Unholster" anims can be the same as Rifle ones. Whadya think?
Haraldx minigun also good improvement. You may want to change the barrels color, looks rusty.
Thanks for the feedback, and yeah, nothing is final (well except the model) :P I'm gonna use a darker version of the brown metal for the barrel. Currently it's definitely too bright.

EDIT: You can see a video having the minigun viewed in 360o right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZLChEZ8_WQ
EDIT2: It also contains the new texture I made. It's a combination of darker brown and green.
EDIT3: You can ofcourse take a look at that video on my Moddb profile page.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 07:30:08 pm by Haraldx »