Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611860 times)

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #675 on: February 04, 2011, 07:50:36 pm »
Maybe this will help?

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #676 on: February 04, 2011, 07:56:42 pm »
Hmmm... not really, as the handle seems to be centered, while the Fallout 2 minigun has it's handle coming from the side. I'm not sure where to put it, I'm absolutely lost!
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #677 on: February 04, 2011, 08:16:43 pm »
If you look at the character sprite holding the minigun you can see the handle coming from the left side of the engine, and maybe you should make that part longer too.
 Yes it is posible to use animations in weapons, in fact that is what I was just trying to figure out. I was able to make the weapon eject the empty cases when shooting, I think it is posible to rotate the barrel in the minigun.
Here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfD8k2ehXE4 you have to look closely though.

Cool tattoo SmartCheetah. I think that if the slaver tattoo is just in the forehead maybe it could be attached as geometry.

« Reply #678 on: February 04, 2011, 08:22:33 pm »
Progress. Say hello to Mr. Wong.

Little more tweaks and voila. I've already placed him on more "yellow" skin + burned muscles a little to make them more visible from distance. Almost ready. Next in turn - Tribal tattoo. After tribal - skin tones for 'em.

Looks a little like some kind of Hippie blouse :P
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 08:24:47 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #679 on: February 04, 2011, 08:27:38 pm »
Progress. Say hello to Mr. Wong.

Little more tweaks and voila. I've already placed him on more "yellow" skin + burned muscles a little to make them more visible from distance. Almost ready. Next in turn - Tribal tattoo. After tribal - skin tones for 'em.

Looks a little like some kind of Hippie blouse :P
AWESOME  :o

If you look at the character sprite holding the minigun you can see the handle coming from the left side of the engine, and maybe you should make that part longer too.
 Yes it is posible to use animations in weapons, in fact that is what I was just trying to figure out. I was able to make the weapon eject the empty cases when shooting, I think it is posible to rotate the barrel in the minigun.
Here is a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfD8k2ehXE4 you have to look closely though.

Cool tattoo SmartCheetah. I think that if the slaver tattoo is just in the forehead maybe it could be attached as geometry.

AWESOME  :o Also, if you use YouTube HD (720p) then it's easier to see the bullets.
Oh, yeah, by the way thanks for the info, I don't have any BG char, that's why I don't know. I will continue my work tomorrow, it's getting late in my country.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #680 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:29 pm »
I think running should be made to look less odd, even compared to the old models it looks odd I think (maybe I just never paid attention to it :P), but theres no reason that they shouldn't shoot rifles from the hip etc - would be weird to not have that.

Maybe there should be a diffrent animation for aimed shots and for single shots/bursts?

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #681 on: February 04, 2011, 08:40:57 pm »
I think running should be made to look less odd, even compared to the old models it looks odd I think (maybe I just never paid attention to it :P), but theres no reason that they shouldn't shoot rifles from the hip etc - would be weird to not have that.
probably if you try to make it the super-mutant FoT version running: it looks more organized and more natural

« Reply #682 on: February 04, 2011, 09:36:26 pm »
you only need now is the fire effect from the gun karpov :D. it looks awesome.

i was also thinking of the BG running. if u see how GTA 3 moves with minigun, i think you'll understand my point. it is just an idea.

« Reply #683 on: February 04, 2011, 09:43:14 pm »
Hey man how can I add this model to my own SDK?

How much progress is complete? What we need to do?

Offline Gray

« Reply #684 on: February 05, 2011, 06:58:00 am »
But slavers got the tatoo! It would be cool to actually know who is a slaver, by just looking at the guys head! It would also make sense to add the reputation drop to those who shoot slaver players.
It's too small to see it even with overzoom.
Yakuza tattoos are pretty big, but they are under their leatherjackets. And they wear hachimakis sometimes (headbands)
2D jakudzas are wearing leather jackets and we can't change this. 3D allow us to take off the jackets from some of them ;) Here it is the real profit of 3D.

Oh well, was bored anyway, here's a WIP (Work In Progress) I thought you guys might like. Don't ask me about the poly count, Wings3D says so, not me. Avenger will be the same model, just different textures.
Known issues:
1. There is no handle (I don't know where is it connected so I will make it later)
2. No texture (I have textures, but the model isn't finished so I will make those UV maps etc. later)
Something wrong with proportions. The body is too short, it should be at least 40 centimeters long.
And I'm not sure of the geometry of body. IMO, it's more likely to a tube then to a chamferbox.
Maybe this will help?
Hmmm... not really, as the handle seems to be centered, while the Fallout 2 minigun has it's handle coming from the side. I'm not sure where to put it, I'm absolutely lost!

The handle is attached to the left side, but it's definitely centered. You need to hold the axis to carry such a weight, otherwise it will twist your hand off.

My own progress:

http://rapidshare.com/files/446287834/Karpov_MA_male.rar
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:48:43 am by Gray »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #685 on: February 05, 2011, 10:34:32 am »
It's too small to see it even with overzoom.2D jakudzas are wearing leather jackets and we can't change this. 3D allow us to take off the jackets from some of them ;) Here it is the real profit of 3D.
Something wrong with proportions. The body is too short, it should be at least 40 centimeters long.
And I'm not sure of the geometry of body. IMO, it's more likely to a tube then to a chamferbox. Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.
OK, thanks for all the info. Just a little more tweaking and that little toy can sing!
My own progress:

http://rapidshare.com/files/446287834/Karpov_MA_male.rar
EDIT: AWESOME   :o

« Reply #686 on: February 05, 2011, 10:42:26 am »
Omg I want it on sdk  ;D Awesome, awesome, great, super, extra, cool  ;D I LOVE IT

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #687 on: February 05, 2011, 11:22:07 am »
Please go here, to take a look at my upgraded CZ53! http://www.moddb.com/members/haraldx/images/a-project-for-fonline-22382#imagebox

If it's all right, I will start making UV maps and such stuff for it.

Offline Gray

« Reply #688 on: February 05, 2011, 11:49:13 am »
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 12:04:37 pm by Gray »

Offline Haraldx

« Reply #689 on: February 05, 2011, 12:00:39 pm »
Yeah, I thought about that too, because then the arms would have to be very close each other which definitely doesn't make sense. I'm quite worried I will have to make the round thingy actually flat, or else I can't really put it on the end. Should I make it flat?