Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611715 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #585 on: January 27, 2011, 06:47:35 pm »
Resolution of these textures?
Nvm. I've checked it myself *Lazy Cheetah.* 512x512 sounds fine
Well, I will try to improve them after I'll get my tools back. Anyway - good work lass! Keep it up ;3
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:54:29 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline pistacja

• Ninja-Nurse
    • pistacja69.deviantart.com
« Reply #586 on: January 27, 2011, 06:55:19 pm »
512x512 but they should look not much worse in 256x256

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #587 on: January 27, 2011, 07:18:41 pm »
512x512 but they should look not much worse in 256x256
the purple one shouldn't look that bad anyway, brownish robe might lose some details, but I don't know how detailed the model will be in-game anyway
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #588 on: January 27, 2011, 08:22:38 pm »
Godspeed, Pistacja, nice work.
Isn't my field of proof, anyway...

« Reply #589 on: January 27, 2011, 10:03:31 pm »
I think Karpov bought or stole or somewhere get these meshes. When I tried to recreate them - as though I have not tried I did it only one direction, while the other directions looks like shit. Also, these animations have a high framerate, I have a question - how? I thought he re-created them frame by frame... how he increased the number of frames?
 Plus, the mesh itself is an absolute copy of the original art... even critters face
So I think he got these meshes and animations in finished form.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 10:18:54 pm by adept »

« Reply #590 on: January 28, 2011, 12:19:00 am »
I think Karpov bought or stole or somewhere get these meshes. When I tried to recreate them - as though I have not tried I did it only one direction, while the other directions looks like shit. Also, these animations have a high framerate, I have a question - how? I thought he re-created them frame by frame... how he increased the number of frames?
 Plus, the mesh itself is an absolute copy of the original art... even critters face
You know how 3d animation works? Recreating frame by frame makes model go a certain path it follows - that's why you see that "flow" and high framerate. Compare it to original for once more and think. Also take into consideration new things like spear on back et cetera.
He was making GREAT models for weapons before that one. Maybe he stole them too? >.>
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 12:21:26 am by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

« Reply #591 on: January 28, 2011, 07:23:15 am »
You know how 3d animation works? Recreating frame by frame makes model go a certain path it follows - that's why you see that "flow" and high framerate. Compare it to original for once more and think. Also take into consideration new things like spear on back et cetera.
He was making GREAT models for weapons before that one. Maybe he stole them too? >.>

+1
Karpov's model is great and I don't interesting how he made this - this looks like orginal = I'm happy.

Offline wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #592 on: January 28, 2011, 10:52:01 am »
You're not making much sens.
What's with the directions? Its a 3d model it can be viewed at any direction.
The number of frames? That's interpolation for you. You set up some key frames and the modeling soft makes the rest of the frames.  From 14 key frames you can make 100 frames and still have the same time of the animation, hell you can make 5 frames and still run it smooth at 30fps with infraframe blending.
They look like the original art? Hell! That was the point!!!

If the mesh IS the original mesh used to render the spirits, then he must be part of the team that made fallout in the first place, and that can't be bad.

Goddamit, respect the work of others and don't call them a thief, if they make something that you could never do!
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

« Reply #593 on: January 28, 2011, 12:01:41 pm »
I have a feeling that the above written about the reconstruction animations have never done this. A copy of the model can be made at least having a picture in front and in profile. We do not have. If we do just focusing on one image in a certain direction, we fail the other direction.
 And another thing, look at this

exactly the same meshes, even his face and eyebrows. Why it was necessary to reproduce the eyebrows?
 Do not be surprised if soon will be recreated supermutants or ghouls
I'm not saying that's bad,  just curious to know where to get these meshes .... if I'm right of course

Offline Alvarez

« Reply #594 on: January 28, 2011, 12:06:18 pm »
Won't you all just stop to feed the fucking troll? First post=provocation, isn't that obvious?
Unless of course you're aware of it and are just brownnosing.  ;D

Offline Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #595 on: January 28, 2011, 01:18:29 pm »
That guy named Adept just fails with each post.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

« Reply #596 on: January 28, 2011, 03:03:08 pm »
Don't answer for trolls.

Karpov rocks!!! I can't wait to see these models in SDK and 2238 servers. Fucking awesome. :D

« Reply #597 on: January 29, 2011, 07:38:11 pm »
Great Karpov.

Offline Alvarez

« Reply #598 on: February 01, 2011, 01:22:19 pm »
Nice work, what can i say? Critisize the 3d artists here so they gets fed up and stop posting?
And where's baaelSiljan again?

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #599 on: February 01, 2011, 07:29:54 pm »
Hello everyone, I am back home.
-I have seen the NCR armor Alvarez, but I was not able to import the file, check it again because it seems to be not right, 1kb against the 100kb of my file  :-\  if you can try .3ds format. The mesh looks very good  , that's what I meant about "extrapolating".
-I prepared the mesh so that it can bend correctly with animations, elbows and knees and all of the joints have "cuts". Body atachments need to move exactly with that mesh to avoid clipping, a very difficult task  :-\ ... but as I said before, that is only soft parts, like clothes. That why I use textures and not models to create the clothes that fit to the body.
-Robes look like this

even though it can not be seen here ,clipping still occurs, perhaps it can be fixed by hiding all that is behind the robes ...

-I created the mesh from scratch, by positioning the bone structure in the Idle position and inserting polygons over it, the rest just came with time. Just realised that the first file I have is from May 2010  :o so I have been working on it for a long time.  ;D

New anims, holstering big guns. there is no video this time, but everybody knows that animation  ;) I used the only big weapons I had, and it works fine, don't know about others...

Maybe when I make the shooting animation I will post a video.

One thing: when I run with the flamer in hand the guy just holds it like a pistol and it looks kinda weird, so I have to make a "running_with_big_gun" animation, any suggestions? I will see if I can do something about it.

Ok, I think that's all. Bye