Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611891 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #555 on: January 25, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »
Love it.... You should upload model if animations done and other graphics should start make armors etc.

Van Buren sucks! Karpov rule!

« Reply #556 on: January 25, 2011, 03:57:31 pm »
I'll try to work with hairstyles when everything is ready. Have dozens of ideas for these.
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #557 on: January 25, 2011, 04:04:13 pm »
How many animations needed? We have:
- walk
- run
- knockdown
- shot (pistol and rifle)
Nie ma opierdalania się! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #558 on: January 25, 2011, 04:43:02 pm »
How many animations needed? We have:
- walk
- run
- knockdown
- shot (pistol and rifle)
splattered (death)
normal death (~knockdown with blood)
melted to death
burned to death
use things
melee weapons (knuckle = just unarmed animation with knuckles equipped, spear, hammer, knife)
stand still animations! (scratch head)

any more?
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #559 on: January 25, 2011, 04:58:47 pm »
-smoking
-injecting a needle
-drinking
-eating/taking pill
-idling
-post-production additional skill-based attack animations, perhaps?

What about females?

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #560 on: January 25, 2011, 06:07:40 pm »
It some work but if we'll have more people we can do this faster. About smoking and other imo we should do basic animations and later add other. There is lots of work but these models are still better than VB so we shouldn't waste it because it looks like orginal.

Karpov please if you can let us know about progress etc.

By gamers for gamers - don't forget about it! :)
Nie ma opierdalania się! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #561 on: January 25, 2011, 06:12:20 pm »
Wish I knew anything about animation... or had the time to work >_< damn you school!

« Reply #562 on: January 25, 2011, 06:21:19 pm »
Exelent work. I'm waiting for this. Good luck with work.

« Reply #563 on: January 25, 2011, 07:03:17 pm »
This model looks just like the original. Let's do it with heart. We have time to make these 3D models, but please, I would like to see such a ready-made models in FOnline SDK. I keep my fingers crossed for you guys.

It is my wish... to have it :D

Offline Karpov

• Come Together
« Reply #564 on: January 25, 2011, 07:16:11 pm »
First of all thank you so much.  I will try to answer your questions...

-There is an option in the config that skips frames, I have it set to 30 fps, you can set it on 20 fps , but that cuts frame in the animation and not in the character movement in space, so if you set it to low it looks weird.

-I know walking and running animations look strange also, this is because the engine moves the model with a continous speed, but when we walk we slow down each time one foot touches the ground, I know how to compensate it, but it takes time. Also I changed that "hopping" from the running anim that made him run like Buzz Lightyear. I will remake the walk loop later on.

-Someone asked about the palette. I made that texture you see in my character in full depth color, but applied the Posterize effect which limits a lot the colors, like if it was a very bad GIF compression.

-About the model file, I uploaded it in OBJ format, but please know that I am still changing the mesh so it may not be the final version of it. If you want to create any attachment you can use it as a guide, but try to respect the main edges/lines on the model as much as possible, otherwise it could experience a very annoying overlapping when I rig it to the character, rigid parts will do fine tough.  PM me if you want it.

-Someone asked about the female model. I started it long time ago. It has the same bone structure and in theory I should be able to use the same animations for both male and female. here is an image, not from game of course. Female Model

-Animations so far: Walk, Run, Dodge, Punch, Spear Idle holster and hit, pistol holster shoot, rifle holster shoot. knockdown and getup.

I think that's all. As I said before I won't be home the whole next week. I hope that OBJ file works fine... Goodbye

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 06:25:11 pm by Karpov »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #565 on: January 25, 2011, 07:34:04 pm »
I'll try to work with hairstyles when everything is ready. Have dozens of ideas for these.
Do you want to merge existing hairstyles with models? Cause we have quite nice VB hairstyles already.

« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2011, 07:49:47 pm »
Do you want to merge existing hairstyles with models? Cause we have quite nice VB hairstyles already.
Yup but we can make other, better hairstyles for new, better models who are likes orginals. We got better model than VB so why don't use it? I prefer Karpov's model. Why? Because position of standing is better, model is better, animations is better.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #567 on: January 25, 2011, 07:55:21 pm »
but we can make other, better hairstyles for new, better models who are likes orginals.

The original game has like 5 hair styles. Bald, short, long, punk and tribal. VB has these too and various more.

« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2011, 08:00:45 pm »
How can i opened upload hero.obj programme? :>

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2011, 08:03:59 pm »
The original game has like 5 hair styles. Bald, short, long, punk and tribal. VB has these too and various more.
thats 4 hairstyles >_> unless bald is a hairstyle
(but i get what you mean :P)