Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611741 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #540 on: January 24, 2011, 07:01:33 pm »
Nice one again.
In the same way than weapon_in_hand animation, weapon_visible, I ever wished to see one specific for aimed shoot.
I think it could really be a important feature, for an immersiv as a tactical point of vue.

Offline Crazy

• Drugged Childkiller
« Reply #541 on: January 24, 2011, 07:02:41 pm »
If shooting animation are good, I found a bit weird walking/running animations.
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk

Member of the Most Hated Faction
TTTLA, for Great Justice !

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #542 on: January 24, 2011, 07:03:23 pm »
There should be an option in the gamefiles to activate specific frame-skipping (right now, I don't know where exactly it was). This allows the animation to not look that smooth anymore and more in common like the original 2d animations.

/Edit: Karpov, your stuff looks really good. Also you are doing some really good progress there.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 07:06:11 pm by Lexx »

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #543 on: January 24, 2011, 08:11:40 pm »
Lexx, definitely there is such option, but what's the reason of moving back in time to 14 fps (As I remember old animations has 14 frames per second) with nice new models? You need only a few hours to get used to new models and then you will not want to even look at old models.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 08:15:34 pm by Graf »

« Reply #544 on: January 24, 2011, 08:27:58 pm »
Best one i have seen so far  :) however, in my opinion they are a bit too smooth, especially running, looks unrealistic becouse of this. Also, if it would be possible to manage the transitions between diffrent animation a bit more smoothly somehow that would be perfect, right now looks a bit jumpy between them.  8)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:55:16 pm by kttdestroyer »

Offline skejwen

• BBS AKBAR!
    • Brahmins rox
« Reply #545 on: January 25, 2011, 01:34:35 am »
Lexx, definitely there is such option, but what's the reason of moving back in time to 14 fps (As I remember old animations has 14 frames per second) with nice new models? You need only a few hours to get used to new models and then you will not want to even look at old models.

most animations have 8 frames iirc ;)

"Moo-OooooOO! MoMoo.. MmmmoOoo.. Moo!", translate from brahmin to English: "Two things are infinite - brahmin shit and human stupidity! - Brahminstein"

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #546 on: January 25, 2011, 09:14:47 am »
most animations have 8 frames iirc ;)
That's even worse. So please don't use that "feature" with cutting frames.

Offline runboy93

• 'Insanity'
    • MyAnimelist Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 25, 2011, 10:59:48 am »
Nice video Karpov.
This is how new models should look.
Loved also pistol taking off holster and put back.

« Reply #548 on: January 25, 2011, 11:33:59 am »
Thanks for the support, I might post again if I make any progress.

Graf: The existing models would need to be adapted, that's true, soft parts like clothes that are close to the body and have to deform with it must be extrapolated from this character mesh to avoid overlapping, but rigid parts like shoulderpads and chestplates should be easier to adapt.

bikkebakke: I can easily slow it down, but I am making animations frame by frame from the original sprites, so I rarely have to adjust speed.

avv: Yes, you can tweak the main mesh , if you don't add any polygon then the bone weights and the texture maps will stay the same, but in that case you would need to model all attachments for that kind of body.

Lexx: You are right about that , all armors need to be done , but like you said before, animations are the most important part, we can always add hairstyles and beards later.

Update:  New video showing a close up on the character, and some new animations, still in progress. (video is streched :/)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMkdabWbvaI
That's it for now , I won't be home next week so that may slow down the process.

Hey man you're my god! :) This model and animationa are great! Hey guys you should start working with that because it's better than Van Buren. It's similar to orginals models  :D Great work man. Keep your progress with that.

« Reply #549 on: January 25, 2011, 11:47:05 am »
Karpov your models are fucking awesome!!! I love it. I think we should start working with this stuff because this is like F1/F2 +3D ;)

KARPOV - OUR HERO AND GREAT AWESOME MAN!

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #550 on: January 25, 2011, 12:05:05 pm »
Karpov, do you use the original Fallout colour palette in your textures or custom colours?

Offline Pudzian_Koks

• Hardkorowy Koksu + Pudzian = Ja
« Reply #551 on: January 25, 2011, 12:29:17 pm »
Lexx: You are right about that , all armors need to be done , but like you said before, animations are the most important part, we can always add hairstyles and beards later.
Right :) Do you planned make it for SDK? How can I help with it? Your model is more awesome than VB.
Nie ma opierdalania siÄ™! - Hardkorowy Koksu.

Offline barter1113

• New Vegas fanatic =)
« Reply #552 on: January 25, 2011, 01:11:55 pm »
Omg is it the best news what I heard.

Karpov your model is fatnastic. When I was watching your movies I think this is orginal 2D sprites... but this is... 3D :). It's very goooooood progress of 3D development and now I think we can start working with this model because it is more more more fantasting, better, super (etc) than VB stuff.

Very good Karpov and keep working.

Offline Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #553 on: January 25, 2011, 01:32:39 pm »
Very impressive, two thumbs up :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Offline Shangalar

• Dictatorial Tyrant
    • Generation Fallout
« Reply #554 on: January 25, 2011, 03:05:26 pm »
Omg, I bring a rope to make you slave, and you will only work on that ! Schaaaaaaa ! Schaaaaaaaa ! You like the whip don't ya ?

Great job !