Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611714 times)

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #480 on: January 06, 2011, 04:45:32 pm »
Could the high-poly versions of these models be rendered in sprites for other Fallout mods?

Offline Gray

« Reply #481 on: January 06, 2011, 06:42:42 pm »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #482 on: January 06, 2011, 10:29:01 pm »
Thanks, much better now.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #483 on: January 07, 2011, 10:41:55 am »
That's because Fallout is isometric view, 3d can't be rendered like that so easy.
2d appears as it was representing static 3d space, however it's completly flat, just imagine there were models on floor
I don't think that is true. 3d can be rendered by any hardware in a non-perspective view, and its even a tiny bit faster.
Looking at the screens I'd say that it's not isometric at all. In isometry pararell lines should stay that way, and if you look at the tiles on the floor you'll see they are tilted.

Still the camera settings sean a bit off, and the model could be slimer at the waste and thicker at the hips and arms... Even if that's not how people look IRL.
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #484 on: January 07, 2011, 10:44:48 am »
I like that no one even bothered to adjust the 3d models to Fallout tiles and general scenery stuff. While this is the most important thing, yet this thread is about making the coolest Brotherhood Powerarmor and the like.

Offline Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #485 on: January 08, 2011, 04:10:02 pm »
thats because everybody wants a fancy dress. but i think it can be difficult to create neat 3d scenery objects without having the whole map looking weird.

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #486 on: January 08, 2011, 08:29:55 pm »
but i think it can be difficult to create neat 3d scenery objects without having the whole map looking weird.
I'm strongly disagree with your points. Check this and you, most probably, will change your opinion.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:46:17 pm by Graf »

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #487 on: January 08, 2011, 08:46:09 pm »
I strongly disagree with your points. Check this and you, most probably, will change your opinion.

it's all about the textures :P... well mostly, since they are static you can make them blend in very well.

//disregard the weird clipping at the 2 lower pictuers, but I think that model blends in really well.
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #488 on: January 08, 2011, 10:26:04 pm »
I doubt Surf Solar's comment was about creating new scenery, but making the characters fit more to the existing scenery.

Offline Andr3aZ

• Endless forum lurker
« Reply #489 on: January 08, 2011, 11:28:27 pm »
I'm strongly disagree with your points. Check this and you, most probably, will change your opinion.

Got a point there buddy! I think if the whole summary of objects fit well together there is no problem with what is 3d modeled and what is original 2d Fallout graphics.

I doubt Surf Solar's comment was about creating new scenery, but making the characters fit more to the existing scenery.

Another point. Having great modeled 3d PC and NPC models is good but it could look weird if each has a style that looks too unique comparing to the other models.

So basically: A harmonic style of 3d models which blend in good with the original art could look very good. I only think its hard to pull off. Kudos to the hard working modelers

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #490 on: January 09, 2011, 12:09:58 am »
So basically: A harmonic style of 3d models which blend in good with the original art could look very good. I only think its hard to pull off. Kudos to the hard working modelers

Ye, I think there should be some restriction when it comes to colors (skincolor and clothes color, if clothes can have different colors that is), just so there ain't 30 people and no one shares any distinct similarity.

I just hope someone will make like a new set of starting clothes xD (i dont wanna be a bluesuit dammit!).

« Reply #491 on: January 09, 2011, 12:25:19 am »
Imho there should be few or more various colours for some basic clothes while for armors like CA/Leather armor/metal armor - ONLY few varieties. You know - black CA, green CA, camouflage CA. It was military equipment so I don't see any point in making pink CA's.
And for metal armor? Like I said some time ago - rusty Metal Armor, normal, scratched and so on.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:14:05 am by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #492 on: January 09, 2011, 12:36:11 am »
Imho there should be few various colours for some basic clothes while for armors like CA/Leather armor/metal armor - only few varieties. You know - black CA, green CA, camouflage CA. It was military equipment so I don't see any point in making pink CA's.
And for metal armor? Like I said some time ago - rusty Metal Armor, normal, scratched and so on.

I fully agree on that :P

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #493 on: January 09, 2011, 03:05:47 am »
Since fallout sprites are already just model renders, point of creation 3d models for actor is to add more framerate (edit: to animations ofc) and allow to easy modification.
EDIT: anyway this thread is derailed, and would be nice to remove unrelated posts, including this one.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:07:35 am by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline Gray

« Reply #494 on: January 09, 2011, 03:40:41 am »
Imho there should be few or more various colours for some basic clothes while for armors like CA/Leather armor/metal armor - ONLY few varieties. You know - black CA, green CA, camouflage CA. It was military equipment so I don't see any point in making pink CA's.
http://rapidshare.com/files/441556544/CA_MA_Textures.rar
Unleash your imagination, don't limit yourself.