Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611772 times)

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
Re: 3d models development
« Reply #465 on: December 30, 2010, 09:55:24 am »
It uses multitextured material, separated by UVW map. I've made Metal Armor the same way, and we found this bug during a test. But the Prison Suit is a standard model, it should work correctly without any shaman dances.
Needs more cowbell then!
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Gray

« Reply #466 on: December 30, 2010, 12:25:45 pm »
Shaman dances takes effect!

Enabling subset 7 makes upper arms from the critter appears. But it intersect with upper arms from the body model. If I'll cut the arms from body, it will work correctly, but it's one-way ticket.

Offline Gray

« Reply #467 on: January 05, 2011, 01:50:28 pm »
Gray! a little ting about the Sacred T-51b Think you could be able to change the Single-Plate Shoulders Van Buren Model  with the Standard Dual Layered Shoulder plates?

Is it look better now? It's still uncomplete, I just want to know your opinions, should I continue working in this direction?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:31:13 pm by Gray »

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #468 on: January 05, 2011, 09:40:03 pm »
It looks good from front, but backside is still looking weird and unfinished.
There is not much you can do with helmet right now, but you could change torso to be a little bulky, so that there is no visible seam between helmet and breastplate on his back.
I'm also not sure with those hoses on the helmet, could've they be bigger?
Also that filter on the mouth is looking somewhat small and way too light, checkout big renders like

Absence of that nightvision also makes some difference, but I understand it's just a detail.

Lighting is a bit off, but guess it'll need some engine update to get it working as on sprites.

Also is the size of model intentional? It looks smaller than original.
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #469 on: January 05, 2011, 10:04:20 pm »
It's a good model but I have to agree to make it a bit bulkier (reduce the space between helmet and armor). Just have to say that the buttocks looks a bit like a big diaper >_>

//this is what I want to change the most atm
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 10:26:51 pm by bikkebakke »

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #470 on: January 05, 2011, 10:10:56 pm »
Quote from: Gray
I've noticed something, but this isn't just with this model, but it is especially noticeable with this comparison. All of the 3D models seem to be "leaning over" as if they are about to fall over, especially when you see it with original sprite, which is standing upright. Or is it just me? The 3D models just seem to be at an uneven angle with the ground.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #471 on: January 06, 2011, 02:11:17 am »
well, my guess is that they are photoshopped in atm, so it might be due to that (the weird angle i mean).

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #472 on: January 06, 2011, 02:12:40 am »
well, my guess is that they are photoshopped in atm, so it might be due to that (the weird angle i mean).

Well even on TLA they look leaned-over when you zoom in. It's not a big issue though.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #473 on: January 06, 2011, 02:54:20 am »
oh, ok. Not the biggest issue ;) but would be nice if they could polish it later on, when the big problems are out of the way :P

Offline Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #474 on: January 06, 2011, 09:42:53 am »
I doubt that this screen-shot are made in Photoshop, since it's much easier to make in the game.

« Reply #475 on: January 06, 2011, 10:40:44 am »
That wheel thingy makes it apear like its glued in the suit

Offline bikkebakke

« Reply #476 on: January 06, 2011, 10:43:55 am »
That wheel thingy makes it apear like its glued in the suit
It's just "painted" on the model (texture) to save polys i guess, won't be an issue when looking from ingame.

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #477 on: January 06, 2011, 11:00:22 am »
he looks like a retared midget :F

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #478 on: January 06, 2011, 12:19:35 pm »
Well even on TLA they look leaned-over when you zoom in. It's not a big issue though.
That's because Fallout is isometric view, 3d can't be rendered like that so easy.
2d appears as it was representing static 3d space, however it's completly flat, just imagine there were models on floor

Workaround would be either to ajdust 2D ( kinda like D2 did ), or change perspective correction for model rendering.
 I suppose it's possible to transform those to look correct - in fact currently things look like they all share common viewpoint, which is wrong for Isometric background.
EDIT: Also will you readjust CA?

Is quite good model, but texture shouldn't really have any specular term of reflection, and mainly it's supposed to be dark green
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:35:12 pm by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #479 on: January 06, 2011, 03:24:12 pm »
That's because Fallout is isometric view, 3d can't be rendered like that so easy.
2d appears as it was representing static 3d space, however it's completly flat, just imagine there were models on floor

Workaround would be either to ajdust 2D ( kinda like D2 did ), or change perspective correction for model rendering.
 I suppose it's possible to transform those to look correct - in fact currently things look like they all share common viewpoint, which is wrong for Isometric background.
EDIT: Also will you readjust CA?

Is quite good model, but texture shouldn't really have any specular term of reflection, and mainly it's supposed to be dark green

Combat armor was designed to sheath the human body as completely as possible in high durability armor. The primary skin of combat armor is composed of complex polymers and ceramics. This hard armor was manufactured as specific plates. The plates were manufactured with a matte-finish olive drab coloring suitable for woodland and/or urban camouflage. These plates are affixed to a flexible body suit interwoven with thermal-dissipative membranes and bulletproof material.
Yeah - they shouldn't be reflective at all. It's camouflage, right? Have anyone seen reflective camo?:P It's easy to adjust so I see no problem with that. It can use a little bit of dark green as well to stop looking too "olive".
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 03:26:02 pm by SmartCheetah »
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!