Author Topic: 3d models development  (Read 611767 times)

Re: 3d models development
« Reply #435 on: December 27, 2010, 06:51:11 pm »
I was just curious but will those 3D moels support Bloody Mess trait? It will be shame if this feature would have to be removed. :)

And that bluesuit seams too much bright. That is definitely one way how to force players to wear armour. ;D
Otherwise, great work indeed.

« Reply #436 on: December 27, 2010, 07:57:19 pm »
I was just curious but will those 3D moels support Bloody Mess trait? It will be shame if this feature would have to be removed. :)

And that bluesuit seams too much bright. That is definitely one way how to force players to wear armour. ;D
Otherwise, great work indeed.
At the moment they do not support Bloody Mess but with work of animators and particle effects they will :)
Don't call me your brother
'cause I ain't your fucking brother.
We fell from different cunts,
and your skins an ugly color!

Offline bikkebakke

• I'll show those FOnliners how RT is supposed to be
« Reply #437 on: December 27, 2010, 10:11:11 pm »
haha, awesome gray .D
Gussiplurr - activehttp://fo2238.fodev.net/status/STATUS

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #438 on: December 28, 2010, 10:36:22 am »
So this is how they'll look ingame then?

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #439 on: December 28, 2010, 11:23:30 am »
Daym, that's a stark contrast up there, maybe because of different resolution?

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2010, 11:52:01 am »
<vomit>

Offline Gray

« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2010, 01:16:17 pm »
So this is how they'll look ingame then?
Sure. There are some bugs like incorrect shoulderpads color, but they will be fixed. The only important thing - that the models are compatible with game engine.
Daym, that's a stark contrast up there, maybe because of different resolution?
It's a multiple screenshots montage.
<vomit>
If you don't like it - don't eat it.

Combat armor is mostly ready to test.
http://rapidshare.com/files/439644129/CA_update_27_12_2010.rar
Female body texture is draft, ignore it (or make better one ;) )

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #442 on: December 28, 2010, 03:14:45 pm »
It looks pretty good already. Just needs new (idle) animations, adjusted textures and some shader-magick.

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #443 on: December 28, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »
It looks pretty good already. Just needs new (idle) animations, adjusted textures and some shader-magick.
and you need to add death animations, you got only normal death(even if is rocket death)

Offline Gray

« Reply #444 on: December 28, 2010, 03:44:55 pm »
and you need to add death animations, you got only normal death(even if is rocket death)
It's easier then you think. It's much easier then normal actions' animation.

Offline Johnnybravo

• Hey there!
« Reply #445 on: December 28, 2010, 03:48:47 pm »
You seriously need to get devs to add support for gloss mapping ( simple specular highlight masked with texture ), it's cheap, and it'd fix metal surfaces looking dull on those screens. I'm just not sure if D3D allows to increase specular component on mapped surfaces, as OGL does, because without it, specular part of light is barelly visible.
EDIT: Agreed with guy bellow, just need to make some LOD so that there'd be something available for those without enough horsepower.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 03:51:17 pm by Johnnybravo »
"What is this, I don't even"
"This is your forum."

« Reply #446 on: December 28, 2010, 03:49:12 pm »
Hey guys check it topic and look model http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=670.msg101243;boardseen#new

What do you think? IHMO this model is better than Van Buren. Why? Because it's more Fallout style, position etc. Check screenshots and compare.

Model VB as a very distinguished from the environment F1/F2. It would be good to 3D models were very similar to those of 2D sprites, but to capture the possibility of creating different characters (hair, body, mustache, face, skin, etc.).

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #447 on: December 28, 2010, 04:57:54 pm »
A model is worth nothing, if the animation is wrong. The model above would just look like the Van Buren models, if you take the Van Buren animations.

In short: Beside the models, also animations are needed to make it look more like the characters from the original game.

Offline Gray

« Reply #448 on: December 28, 2010, 05:01:03 pm »
What do you think? IHMO this model is better than Van Buren. Why? Because it's more Fallout style, position etc.
I don't think that 3-feet wide shoulders is a major attribute of Fallout style, it's more a super-hero comics style. As for me, Fallout style consist of typical post-apocalyptical clothes and weapon styles.
VB models just looks a little more realistic.

Offline wezu

• Flamin' Troll
« Reply #449 on: December 28, 2010, 05:08:10 pm »
What about those bloody animations, where limb are lost etc? Won't that be a problem with a continuous, soft skinned mesh?
Give an idiot a carrot and he'll cut himself.