"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 08:59:32 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Author Topic: This game is dead  (Read 42738 times)

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
Re: This game is dead
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2012, 05:14:50 pm »

Well this game is certainly not dead, its just that the devs and people who work on this game are far too busy with other things, just wait until an update comes out, and even if there isn't one coming out, just move on...

(P.S. - The reason why this guy made this thread is cause he died by a gang of players)

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.
« Reply #181 on: June 27, 2012, 12:00:56 pm »

Well this game is certainly not dead, its just that the devs and people who work on this game are far too busy with other things, just wait until an update comes out, and even if there isn't one coming out, just move on...

(P.S. - The reason why this guy made this thread is cause he died by a gang of players)
theu are busy past few yers you dumb ass that means the game is dead and there is no piont of playng it unles you have a strong imagination
Re: This game is not this shit again
« Reply #182 on: June 27, 2012, 12:28:13 pm »

Whining and shittalking on forums about the game you don't even play, insulting random players.
Way to go, gizmo. Fix your grammar first, schoolboy.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #183 on: June 27, 2012, 12:34:08 pm »

I just find it rude that they won't leave even one post of what's going on.

I agree with you they should tell us at least something.

JovankaB

« Reply #184 on: June 27, 2012, 12:40:30 pm »

I agree with you they should tell us at least something.

They did:

It's fault of application and not the server, and we know what is probably causing this and we are working on fixing it.
« Reply #185 on: June 27, 2012, 12:49:13 pm »

they are working on secret project...
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead
« Reply #186 on: June 27, 2012, 02:51:39 pm »

This game is not dead. Its alive.
Just accept the fact, that there will be no more updates.
You can log in, you can play, you can have fun or be frustrated about how this game is buggy and unbalanced.
Bud dont expect any bug fixes or gameplay changes, no more.
There is no one in dev team who gives a shit and can change things.

Yes, there are a few of passionate players who want to make this server better.
They are skillful mappers, scripters and they want to help. But the main persons who are in charge, just dont give a shit.
Who am i talking about?
Lexx, who does literally nothing, only block every great idea for map or other suggestion.
Ghosthack, who made this TC system. He wasnt online for more like 5 months. And other scripters are too afraid to change his stuff. Or they are not alowed to.
Atom, who is a good scripter, but he also dont give a shit, because he has no decision-making rights. He only can do what others like lexx tell him. And they are not allowing him to do nearly anything.
Scypior is dead no?

Yes, the amount of work this guys did in the last 3 years was tremendous, they did it in their free time too.
I understand, I think everyone understand that if you work on something for so long, you eventually get bored. Bored from whining players and other shit. And its absolutely normal behaviour.
But the thing is. This game needs constant work. This game needs fresh blood in devs team.
And there are people who want to help with that, but they are just not allowed to.
I can tell you their names, but whats the point? Devs know who their are.

This server will be on, until there will be no players who will donate.

Face the reality. Most of the devs dont give a shit about development of this game anymore.
And until there will be another person than Lexx, who will be in charge, it will never gets better.
Old players know it, and most of the dev team too.
I would love to see someone like WIPE to actually lead this whole development team. But nah, its just a dream.

P.S. I just hope, someone will stole all the codes and make 2238 - Version 2.0. Which will be developed by gamers for gamers.
Not just to please one guy with nickname Lexx.

P.S.S.
Hell dont even expect any reaction. Because most of the devs never read forum in the first place.
So stop whining everybody, just start to play some other game. And please, really please dont waste your money by donating.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:05:09 pm by Hovinko »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2012, 03:07:04 pm »

Lexx, who does literally nothing, only block every great idea for map or other suggestion.
Haha, funny guy you are. I haven't blocked anything since months + even before I only blocked unfitting ideas, beside fighting hard for certain other ideas to make it into the game. But yeah, people only see what they want to see.

Ghosthack, who made this TC system. He wasnt online for more like 5 months.
Because he has a fulltime job since more like 5 months.

Solar, who is a good scripter, but he also dont give a shit,

Solar is not a scripter. He never touched a script. I think, if Solar would touch a script, the universe would implode. /Edit: I see you edited your part, so I will edit as well:
Atom, who is a good scripter, but he also dont give a shit, because he has no decision-making rights. He only can do what others like lexx tell him. And they are not allowing him to do nearly anything.
Atom is one of the few who currently try to fix the server crashs. Additionally, he has as much decision-making rights as anyone else, and he can do whatever comes into his mind, and we allow all our scripters to do whatever they want, because 1. most of the time we agree on everything anyway and 2. without scripters, nothing will get done.

Scypior is dead no?
If marriage + child = dead, then yes.

Overally, your post is funny, because it is so fixed on me. I'll guess that comes from the fact, that I am the only one who posts here regulary. Or someone else said something that someone else said, etc. As you argue with "old players know it", you obviously get the information from out of your arse, no idea.

P.S. We are still reading the forum, we just like to skip "xy is dead"-posts.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:12:33 pm by Lexx »
« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2012, 03:14:07 pm »

Thanks for reaction, i appreciate it.

So summary? You dont have time. Or just for you this game is not so important anymore.
But tell me one thing. If you dont want to work on this game anymore.
Why wont you make for example WIPE your main scripter, who will be in charge of things? Instead of ghosthack?
« Reply #189 on: June 27, 2012, 03:27:26 pm »

Why wont you make for example WIPE your main scripter, who will be in charge of things? Instead of ghosthack?

Do you comprehend what he just said? Read it like 5 times more, then THINK real hard.

Here is one meaning that word holds.

" to employ one's mind rationally and objectively in evaluating or dealing with a given situation: "

Given example:
" Think carefully before you talk. "

Additionally, he has as much decision-making rights as anyone else, and he can do whatever comes into his mind, and we allow all our scripters to do whatever they want, because 1. most of the time we agree on everything anyway

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:38:42 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #190 on: June 27, 2012, 03:47:41 pm »

Actually i read it. A few times. And it makes me confused.
How is possible that if the dev team works efficiently like lexx said, there was no update for more than a 5 months?
If atom and wipe are there, that means they have 2 scripters.
5 months of time and no update?
Everything works as intended.
So where is the problem? Really? Why there are less and less players every month?

http://www.rookie.name/fonline/playerStats.php?r=year&s=1338505261&ts=0&ar=0&step=6

No. Its not only about server crashes.

Btw. T-888 thanks for a lecture. I feel smart now :) You should teach others. Arent you a teacher?
Oh I almost forgot. I have a question for you.
What is your problem? :)

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #191 on: June 27, 2012, 03:49:43 pm »

I never said that everything works as intended.

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #192 on: June 27, 2012, 03:51:48 pm »

Thanks Lexxx, I appreciate that someone finally tells us, what you (all) are up to. :)
« Reply #193 on: June 27, 2012, 06:45:45 pm »

"This game is not dead. Its alive.
Just accept the fact, that there will be no more updates."
^that is the definition of a dead game. For a game that's been in development for years it always went extremely slow and there isn't much new content to show for it. Fonline seems more like a school project in that a lot of time was put in to behind the scenes technical details and almost nothing added to game play. The devs don't seem to have any plans for the game or what the game is even supposed to be. When I started playing 3 seasons ago the game was full of griefers and there was little content, now the players have got bored and moved on to other things (as i assume the devs have). We waited a year for the last big update and all it did was ruin the only mechanic that made this game a "faction based pvp" game while adding some new perks, half of which is for play styles that are useless due to missing weapons. So they spend all this time making something that half works and then abandon it. It doesn't help that the devs don't really care what the community thinks, they get defensive when you point out they had a terrible idea and they are amateurs so of course they are going to have them. Over the years I've seen terrible ideas championed by gms, you have permanent noobs on staff that never got the game to begin with(jov you're nice but I don't think you ever understood that this is a combat game). Multi million dollar games made by real devs get ruined for the same reasons  but generally they listen to the testers because they have a product to market. So now you have an empty game devoid of players or content yet a handful of fools think that santa and his elves are hard at work crafting an update and that one day fonline will be a great game. All mmos die eventually (other than wow apparently) and most don't last this long. You all need to move on with your lives, there are other games out there.

kompreSor

• FOnline 3
« Reply #194 on: June 27, 2012, 07:06:05 pm »

Such advice to developers, You MUST change TC System.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 25 queries.