"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 10:09:59 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hot Spot encounters  (Read 1492 times)

Hot Spot encounters
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:59:03 pm »

I'd like to suggest a very nasty encounter type, for more harshness, RadAway and RadX marketing and more SP spent in Outdoor.

So: Bomb crater (most probably), nuclear waste, reactor debris. Anything gets a player (slightly) irradiated. And some victims with humble loot, perhaps.

This is a postnuclear wasteland isn't it?
 Radiation should be a survival problem, it's the land that is irradiated, not only critters and not only around Glow.

Next time you start farming in a abandoned city or travel across the area around Glow, it might be a good idea to pop some Rad-X.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:01:03 pm by Lizard »
Wasteland is a tricky business.
Re: Hot Spot encounters
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 09:26:19 am »

Very good idea imho. There should be non combat type encounters too.

I could even imagine such encounters like the one with the pariah dog from the original fallout 2 game. If you encounter the dog, the beast accompanies you and you get the jinxed perk and your luck is set to 2 until it wonders off or dies in utter vain somewhere in a mudhole.

Senrain

• The strong devour the weak.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 07:39:47 pm »

I would like more non-combat encounters that are worth checking out.
Currently vacationing at Chernarus! Where the zombies are hungry, and everyone shoots you for beans!

http://dayzmod.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »

Hiroshima was rebuilt in 5 years, after 200 the only places that would be radioactive would be waste sites.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 09:04:28 pm »

I don't think this suggestion would be very enjoyable anyway, but realism shouldn't be an argument against this, or almost anything else in Fallout, in my opinion. I remember a thread like this where that argument was used a while ago, too.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 04:45:06 pm »

It would be nice to have some encounters like in Fallout 1. When you randomly fall from mountains area or had to stop to search for water, or meet some dead critters who died due to dehydration... etc
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 12:46:09 pm »

It would be nice to have some encounters like in Fallout 1. When you randomly fall from mountains area or had to stop to search for water, or meet some dead critters who died due to dehydration... etc

Or perhaps a random encounter as a hole you can fall into:
- Only happens in mountainous area's
- Only at nighttime
- Only forced encounters
- Not possible while in car

Map would be like a cave, with "death claws" or "remnants of the masters army" or junkies or whatever.
You'll spawn deep in the map (point affected by luck) and have to walk your way out.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:47:50 pm »

im against this ^ that would mean death for non combat characters
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 04:13:22 pm »

im against this ^ that would mean death for non combat characters

How so? Only the deathclaws will attack on sight. The junkies would attack based on your overall karma.

Non combat characters shouldn't be traveling alone, through the dark, in the mountains...
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 05:56:45 pm »

but they do ,okay
it would be only annoyance
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 06:27:15 pm »

How so? Only the deathclaws will attack on sight. The junkies would attack based on your overall karma.

Non combat characters shouldn't be traveling alone, through the dark, in the mountains...

Oh yeah let's make teamwork essential in a game where there are so few people online you can go 6 hours and see two players.

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 06:43:14 pm »

Its not needed to travel with players they could have mercenaries with them too.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 08:45:55 pm »

Or perhaps a random encounter as a hole you can fall into:

...Map would be like a cave, with "death claws" or "remnants of the masters army" or junkies or whatever.
You'll spawn deep in the map (point affected by luck) and have to walk your way out.

I like it. :) In the city are it could be the sewers or metro tunnels...
Wasteland is a tricky business.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 22 queries.