"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 05, 2024, 07:15:50 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: a way to put a value on life , possibly decrease trolling  (Read 1199 times)

a way to put a value on life , possibly decrease trolling
« on: May 17, 2012, 07:44:40 pm »

an idea came to my mind, probably some of you tought abot it but lets think together.

*drums* ... loose 5% of total experience on death, but capped at 5k exp ,can even result in loosing a level - but after gaining same level again skills and perks are chosen automatically as were before to avoid abusing

what i think it would change:
1.people would fear more about death- now not only they can loose items that they have tons of but also some universal value that is time (spend on gaining exp) - and that would bring another level of immersion!
2.people would think twice before roaming in bluesuit - logic
3. trolls would loose 'something' averytime they die - limited trolling
4. one fear is obvious - level 1 trolls with grease guns in example, they would have even more fun ,how to solve it ? do not allow level 1 players to attack other players, a note pops up 'you are to scared to attack this person'
5.and that is awesome: reason to gain more exp after lvl24 - you are still happy if exp come to you.

now please comment/criticize/we
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: a way to put a value on life , possibly decrease trolling
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 07:53:50 pm »

I don't think it'd change much. Trolling might decrease, but I think this would be the only real impact on the game.

New players always die, while experienced players know how to avoid death. No matter if it's in NCR, in random encounters, in northern towns, it's always like that.

As a result, things would be the same: newbies would complain because they die a lot, losing items AND experience, while experienced players would just grab a flamer and grind more centaurs to receover the lost xp's.

Edit: in itself, it is an interesting suggestion, but as most interesting/cool suggestions, it wouldn't work in 2238.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 07:55:32 pm by Eternauta »
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:59:38 pm »

hmm but on low levels 5% is not much, one more molerat to kill, sure rich player would not have much trouble with gaining this exp but still they would have to spend at least 'some' time on it (and not as boring as crafting new stuff for battle) or it could be more like capped at 10k

and if it limit trolling then i say its worth it
dlaczego muzyka black metalowa jest szybka?  bo gdy sie czlowiek spieszy to sie diabel cieszy :)

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 08:30:13 pm »

Not this BS again, its just horrible idea and would just bring unnecessary grinding
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:37:54 pm by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 08:41:14 pm »

Not this BS again, its just horrible idea and would just bring unnecessary grinding
this is why this suggestion would never work. making us grind more and more just pisses us off and will make more of us go to different servers.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 08:49:11 pm »

i have a feeling you both just see one side of a problem, you think how it would worsen the game experience when you play like now - while i was humbly implying changing the style of play ... for the better ... to think twice before engage in combat, to threat your chafracter life with more respect even if you dont have items on you
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:56:48 pm »

possibly decrease trolling
No, it won't decrease trolling. When I'm bored so much and can't kill anyone at NCR anymore (less than -1500 rep and I'm too lazy to steal-before-kill or raise rep, etc.), I'm using fast reloggers alts. I need ~12 minutes to get each of them (10 total) from replication point to NCR, it's damn boring to click NCR, wait, exit, relog on another, repeat, just to get little fun by making myself and others laugh when they see 10 bluesuiters one after another with similar names appearing at bazaar punching first person they see in hope that guards will burst and kill some innocents. But I have no other choice and I stop only when it's not fun anymore, not because it's too hard to do it. Your suggestion is to make it harder. So no, it won't stop trolling. Also there're a lot other methods how to troll and stay alive after that and you suggestion won't touch it.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 08:58:02 pm »

Don't think it's a bad idea, I'm usually in favor of that stuff.
Like Eternauta I'm not entirely convinced it would have the effects you desire, though. Still, worth considering imo.

do not allow level 1 players to attack other players, a note pops up 'you are to scared to attack this person'

This one I have to strongly disagree with, though. From a player's perspective it's an arbitrary restriction whose only value is to enforce a gameplay mechanic, that should be able to stand on it's own. Not to mention it completely takes away a player's ability to defend themselves and potentially will do so again, once they reach level 2, die and get dropped to level 1 again. Furthermore, it probably wouldn't work that well, considering trolls may just switch to nades and hexaim.
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 09:08:52 pm »

hmm ... how to solve it then? hex throwing-killinng and not guard response is a bug and should be fixed mmkay ,
as for level 1 trolls ...maybe if experience drop to negative number your character dies permanently and you have to go throug registering again 8)

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »

maybe if experience drop to negative number your character dies permanently and you have to go throug registering again 8)
derp derp. newbies die all the time of they will be remakeing alts all the time. stop trying to troll people.
Roaming the waste again.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2012, 09:35:11 pm »

Ugh, this thread again. Totally agree with Sarakin, wouldn't bring more variety or consequence, just more grinding.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 22 queries.